Huracan RWD

Lambo91

I placed order.. with Verde Mantis, Giallo Midas, and Nero Noctis with my friends.

Mine Nero one will have only few options like

Lifiting system

CCB

Transparent engine bonnet + forged composite engine bay

Pirelli Pzero tires (* I don't know what's the stock one is.)

and some more..

The name is LP 580-2. Also will release with Spyder in soon future.

Congrats!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I placed order.. with Verde Mantis, Giallo Midas, and Nero Noctis with my friends.

Mine Nero one will have only few options like

Lifiting system

CCB

Transparent engine bonnet + forged composite engine bay

Pirelli Pzero tires (* I don't know what's the stock one is.)

and some more..

The name is LP 580-2. Also will release with Spyder in soon future.

Awesome! I would have gone for Carbon brakes too. I have stee on my car and although they do the job, it could be so much better.

What was the price point on the new car?

Mine Nero one will have only few options ...

Maybe this the new way to go: less is better?

:eusa_think:

RWD did not sell well.

A majority of drivers can't handle a AWD car let alone a RWD, especially if performance is concerned. I'm surprised to hear they are even doing an RWD version. Let the low-selling special editions commence! :lol2:

You guys and your sales....

If they can make it and not go bankrupt doing it, then it's a success for those that want it. It appears a RWD is feasible whereas a stickshift is not, so by that token can't knock them for doing it.

These are the types of limited editions that make sense.

You guys and your sales....

If they can make it and not go bankrupt doing it, then it's a success for those that want it. It appears a RWD is feasible whereas a stickshift is not, so by that token can't knock them for doing it.

These are the types of limited editions that make sense.

:iamwithstupid:

It's called variety, the brand captures a wider audience, offering products with a slight point of difference.

I think a RWD for track day is perfect, lower entry price point, kind of stripped out so you can customize it the way you like it.

I bet it will be a weapon.

This could pave the way for a RWD Huracan Superleggera :eusa_think:

This could pave the way for a RWD Huracan Superleggera :eusa_think:

I read on another forum, a post from someone stating that they heard Lamborghini say that the next SL will be RWD! That's very exciting in my book.

As far as the engine goes for the RWD base Huracan, I'm sure the lower HP is due to a tune or something and don't see why you wouldn't be able to have someone reflash it.

I'm hearing their not building any 610-4 coupes for 2016 , just the 580-2 coupe and 610 Spyder.

This should keep the MY15 coupes at a decent price instead of taking a complete crap ...

I'm hearing their not building any 610-4 coupes for 2016 , just the 580-2 coupe and 610 Spyder.

This should keep the MY15 coupes at a decent price instead of taking a complete crap ...

Not true, they are still building them for 'customer orders' only in 2016.

I never believe anything they promise. Remember when they said, in 2009, "no more manual transmissions"; but they kept building them anyway?

• 3 weeks later...
Nice styling touches! The LP550-2 is great to drive, I'm sure this will be even better. Any word on pricing?

The article says it's more money. Too funny... less performance for a higher price, lol.

Nice styling touches! The LP550-2 is great to drive, I'm sure this will be even better. Any word on pricing?

$201,100 base price, down from an MSRP of $239,000 for the all-wheel drive version.

I heard it might be 20K less.

If I bought one, the first thing I would do is change out that front bumper. They should have left the old one on. I think it looks cheap now.

I like it, the front looks very aggressive!

Write up I've found online:

Lamborghini Huracan LP580-2

Automobili Lamborghini presented the Lamborghini Huracán LP580-2: a two-wheel drive version of the Huracán coupe. Specifically designed and engineered for its rear-wheel drive set-up, the Huracán LP580-2's combines dynamic new looks with a package for an enhanced Lamborghini driving emotion.

"The Lamborghini Huracán LP580-2 continues the Lamborghini tradition of pure, visionary and technology-driven models," says Stephan Winkelmann, President and CEO of Automobili Lamborghini. "The rear-wheel drive model fits perfectly into our Huracán family, appealing to those wanting an even more intense driving experience, or who currently drive other rear-wheel-drive marques and aspire to driving a Lamborghini. This is the purest expression of a Lamborghini to date, with class-leading technological refinements. It is a serious car for serious drivers: it is maximum driving fun."

The Huracán LP580-2 has been engineered and tuned for an essential driving experience. With its naturally aspirated V10 5.2 l engine sending 426 kW / 580 hp to the rear axle, the Huracán LP580-2's dry weight is just 1,389 kg, thus 33 kg lighter than the four-wheel-drive version.

Weight distribution is biased 40% at the front / 60% at the rear, reducing inertia on the front axle. An entirely new power management set-up, encompassing modified suspension, new steering set-up and recalibrated stability and traction controls connects the driver as directly as possible with the road. The selectable Lamborghini driving modes STRADA, SPORT and CORSA are tuned to provide oversteering characteristics, emphasizing authentic rear-wheel drive behavior.

The engaging, sporty fun of the two-wheel drive Huracán LP580-2 perfectly complements the existing Huracán offering with the all-encompassing technology and experience of the four wheel-drive Huracán LP 610-4 and the the lifestyle appeal of the Huracán LP 610-4 Spyder.

Each design detail of the Lamborghini Huracán LP580-2 celebrates the aesthetic of function; the result of a close collaboration between the Centro Stile designers and Lamborghini's aerodynamic experts. The large, newly formed front air intakes specifically direct the cooling air and headwind to increase down pressure on the front axle. The spoiler lip at the rear works together with the rising diffuser in the underbody to improve airflow around the rear of the car - the Huracán does not require a movable rear spoiler.

The Huracán LP580-2 sits on new, different-sized (front/rear) 19" Kari rims, enhancing the car's dynamic expression. Pirelli PZero tyres have been exclusively developed for the rear-wheel drive car. Steel brakes with aluminum brake disc calipers have been specially contoured for weight reduction and improved cooling.

Re-engineered for rear-wheel drive performance

The Huracán's V10 5.2 l naturally aspirated, mid-mounted engine has been re-engineered to provide a maximum 426 kW (580 hp) power output and 540 Nm of torque, with 75% of torque already available at 1,000 rpm.

As in the other Huracán models, the LP580-2 features cylinder deactivation to improve engine efficiency. When full engine capacity is not required, five of the ten cylinders are temporarily deactivated by switching off one cylinder bank. When the driver accelerates, the system switches back instantaneously to ten-cylinder mode, while being virtually impossible to detect by the driver. This feature reduces fuel consumption to 11.9 l/100 km (combined circle) and CO2 to 278 g/km.

Weighing 1,389 kg dry, with a weight reduction of 33 kg over the Huracán LP 610-4 coupe, the Huracán LP580-2 achieves a weight to power ratio of just 2.4 kg/hp. The LP580-2 uses the Huracán's hybrid aluminum and carbon fiber chassis, contributing to the lower weight. With a new setup for springs and anti-roll bars on double wishbone suspension, torsional stiffness of the Huracán LP580-2 is improved by 50% compared to the Gallardo LP 550-2.

The Lamborghini Doppia Frizione (LDF) seven-speed dual clutch architecture ensures the fastest gear changes and includes 'launch control' for maximum acceleration from a standing start. The electronic power steering and optional Lamborghini Dynamic Steering (LDS) have been tuned to mprove the car's agility and controllability in every driving condition, depending on driving mode and speed. New rear kinematics heighten the car's 'centered' feeling.

The Lamborghini Piattaforma Inerziale (LPI) - the Huracán's sensor system placed in the center of gravity of the car, tracing all 3D movements - has also been implemented in the rear-wheel drive version. It provides real time information to the optional Magneto Rheological Suspension (MRS), steering and stability control systems: the ESC has been regulated to adapt to all adherence conditions yet emphasize the rear-wheel drive behavior in each driving mode.

Driving emotion - maximum enjoyment

Every aspect of the Lamborghini Huracán LP580-2 has been engineered for driving fun, allowing drivers to interpret the feedback from the car and connect with the road or track.

The ANIMA (Adaptive Network Intelligent Management: 'soul' in Italian) button on the steering wheel allows the driver to adopt different driving modes, recalibrated to suit the spirit of the rear-wheel drive model. STRADA, for daily use, provides a slight understeering feedback and is traction-oriented; SPORT, is for sporty and emotional driving fun with slight oversteering behavior; and CORSA, ensures maximum performance in track mode, providing a neutral steering behavior.

Specifications, heritage and pricing

The LP580-2 is available in the full range of Huracán external and internal colors and trims. In addition, through Lamborghini's personalization program Ad Personam, the options for external and internal colors are limitless.

The Huracán LP580-2 is fitted with the latest Lamborghini Infotainment System II, with a 12.3" high resolution TFT instrument panel.

Previous Lamborghini rear-wheel drive models include the predecessor Gallardo LP 550-2. The Lamborghini Miura, Countach and Diablo in rear-wheel drive variants were perfect examples of the fun-to-drive concept. The rear-wheel drive Huracán LP 620-2 Super Trofeo launched in 2014, races at tracks worldwide in 2015's three Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo series in Europe, Asia and USA.

The Huracán LP580-2 is available at the Lamborghini dealerships at a suggested retail price of 150.000 Euros + tax (Europe).

Technical Data

BODYSHEL AND RUNNING GEAR

Chassis: Hybrid chassis made from aluminum and carbon fiber

Bodyshell: Outer skin made from aluminum, and composite material.

Suspension: Aluminum double-wishbone suspension

Springs and dampers: Steel springs and hydraulic dampers. "MagneRide" electromagnetic damper control available as an option

ESC: ESC/ABS characteristics can be adjusted via ANIMA, ESC can be deactivated

Brakes: Hydraulic dual-circuit brake system with vacuum brake servo unit, 8-piston calipers at the front, 4-piston calipers at the rear

Brake discs: Specially contoured steel discs ventilated and cross-drilled ∅ 365 x 34 mm front, ∅ 356 x 32 mm rear

Steering: Electromechanical power steering, optional LDS steering with variable ratio

Tires (standard): Pirelli 245/35 R19 (front) - 305/35 R19 (rear)

Wheels (standard): 8.5J x 19" (front) - 11J x 19" (rear)

Mirrors: Electrically controlled exterior mirrors

Airbags : Full Size dual-stage front airbags; Full size lateral airbags

ENGINE

Type: V10, 90°, IDS+MPI dual injection

Displacement: 5204 cm

Bore / stroke : Ø 84,5 mm x 92,8 mm

Valve control : Intake and exhaust camshafts with continually variable adjustment

Compression : 12.7 : 1

Max. power: 580 hp (426 kW) @ 8,000 rpm

Max. torque: 540 Nm @ 6,500 rpm

Emissions class: EURO 6

Exhaust treatment : Four catalysts with lambda regulation

Cooling system : Water and oil cooling systems

Engine Management : Bosch MED 17

Lubrication: Dry sump

DRIVE

Type : Rear-wheel drive

Transmission: 7-speed LDF dual-clutch transmission, shift characteristics variable via Drive Select Mode

PERFORMANCE

Top speed: 320 km/h

0-100 km/h : 3.4 s

0-200 km/h: 10.1 s

DIMENSIONS

Wheelbase: 2,620 mm

Length: 4,459 mm

Width: 1,924 mm

Width (incl. exterior mirrors) : 2,236 mm

Height: 1,165 mm

Track front: 1,668 mm

Track rear: 1,620 mm

Turning circle: 11.5 m

Weight (dry): 1,389 kg

Weight/power: 2.4 kg/hp

Weight Distribution: 40 % (front) - 60 % (rear)

CAPACITIES

Fuel: 80 liters

FUEL CONSUMPTION

Urban: 17.2 l/100 km

Extra-urban : 8.9 l/100 km

Combined: 11.9 l/100 km

CO2 emissions: 278 g/km

Looks very good, nice stance with meaty rear tyres.

Dropping power is just weird move I dont understand it but propably it is totally the same or just ecu programming.

Looks very good, nice stance with meaty rear tyres.

Dropping power is just weird move I dont understand it but propably it is totally the same or just ecu programming.

Marketing gimmick trying to differentiate it from the 610, it must be 100% software.

Looks nice! Should be fun to drive drive as well. The spyder version will look killer :eusa_dance: