Wow, Hurricane Patricia

pakisho

200mph winds..................this thing is going to be a damn tsunami of destruction when it comes ashore

Isnt a member down there?

yup...TopCabbron...hope he is all right and taking necessarie precautions...

Yep, hope Jason is getting away to PHX until that passes. Isn't Scotty's vacation place there too? Hope this thing dies down more before coming ashore any.

That is a NASTY beast. I can only pray all those who are in the area near the path have already left. Anyone who stays or couldnt get out is in SERIOUS risk.

Called. Straight to voicemail. Left him a message

PM me the number. The are shutting down all power this afternoon, which will kill cell phones after the batteries at the towers runs out.

I have a friend down there that didn't seem to think this was a big deal when I spoke to her this morning... I just checked in with her 20 minutes ago and she's scared as shit now. Riding it out in a house with no shutters and not even a bathtub to hole up in if things get real bad. Its a concrete structure, so it should be OK, but this isn't going to be fun not knowing how they're doing for likely several weeks after the storm passes.

Thinking of everyone in that region, especially the VP crew and Jason. I hope the Mexican government is ready to assist the local communities if there are problems tonight.

Second practice session for F1 in Austin cancelled because they cant fly helicopters.

Be careful out there.

I have a friend down there that didn't seem to think this was a big deal when I spoke to her this morning... I just checked in with her 20 minutes ago and she's scared as shit now. Riding it out in a house with no shutters and not even a bathtub to hole up in if things get real bad. Its a concrete structure, so it should be OK, but this isn't going to be fun not knowing how they're doing for likely several weeks after the storm passes.

Wow-really hope they make it through, but that is obviously a REALLY bad idea. :shock:

Wow-really hope they make it through, but that is obviously a REALLY bad idea. :shock:

I know... shes about 20 miles west of Puerta Vallarta and it sounds like this is a small storm so hopefully she won't see the worst of it. I saw what Andrew did to homes that were built like fortresses so I'm probably more worried than she is.

My fiancé' and her friend have been in PV the last 3 days. They were evacuated from their hotel this morning and are currently en route to Guadalajara. Tons of traffic they said, but they should make it to safety before Patricia hits.

Alaska Airlines waived all their change fees and even put them on a different carrier tomorrow, no charge :eusa_clap:

Crazy some people didn't get out in time and have to hunker down to ride it out.

I dont want anyone to get scared but look: http://www.weather.com/storms/hurricane/ne...ia-mexico-coast

"At 200 MPH, Hurricane Patricia Is Now the Strongest Tropical Cyclone Ever Recorded"

Get them out if it is still possible, Puerto Vallarta is on route. If it is 20 miles south from Puerto Vallarta even worse.

Of course strong compound should handle everything and anything but still.

Trust me, I know. She doesn't have a way of getting out at this point. I told her to find a nice hotel or parking garage and ride it out in a stairwell, but shes choosing to stay at home... Not much I can do now.

5 PM forecast moved it east.... Hopefully it will keep trending that way.

Just talked with my house manager, lots of rain and winds of about 38mph. Kind of normal stuff for the tropics. But the real test will be in the upcoming hours.

Thinking of everyone in that region, especially the VP crew and Jason. I hope the Mexican government is ready to assist the local communities if there are problems tonight.

If not, the US Navy will be! :)

Hoping everyone stays safe during this thing. I read that this will be one of the biggest storms on record.

EDIT: It's reached land.

https://www.facebook.com/KTRKHouston/videos...53432291959342/

Wow. And thats not even really that major yet. This wont be good.

I see this will probably even affect the Formula one race in Austin. They are expecting double digit rain falls.

Formula 1 is probably not going to happen, 12" of rain expected.

Our Villa is all Ok. A few broken pots and outside hanging light fixtures, but other than really wet outside furniture, all is good. The storm turned more north to Puerto Vallarta, still trying to reach Top Carbon.