Shark Dive in Roatan

gemlender

Had a great week diving in Roatan. Here is a pic of the shark dive that we did. They are such graceful animals.

Looks like they were chumming the water...

Did you get a chance to get out to Utila?

Thats awesome! Another buddy of mine has been GW shark diving recently down off mexico. It looks absolutely insane and I HAVE to try it!

Looks like they were chumming the water...

Did you get a chance to get out to Utila?

They had a bucket of fish to attract them. They fed them after we swam around with them. It was about 18 sharks ranging from 5-8ft. I did a shark dive in Fiji with two 16ft tigers and 10ft bulls. They are awesome dives.

They had a bucket of fish to attract them. They fed them after we swam around with them. It was about 18 sharks ranging from 5-8ft. I did a shark dive in Fiji with two 16ft tigers and 10ft bulls. They are awesome dives.

I did that one out of Pacific Habour in Fiji. I didn't realize they were chumming the water (feeding them fish). The sharks know you are coming, they hear the engines miles out...not a fan. Would rather see them in a natural environment rather than paraded around like circus monkeys. Belize does the same thing at Hol Chan reserve with the rays.

Want to see hundreds of sharks and massive mantas get yourself out to Ant Island off Pohnpei. We spent our honeymoon on Pohnpei.

post-13077-1446234911_thumb.jpg

I did that one out of Pacific Habour in Fiji. I didn't realize they were chumming the water (feeding them fish). The sharks know you are coming, they hear the engines miles out...not a fan. Would rather seem them in a natural environment rather than paraded around like circus monkeys. Belize does the same thing at Hol Chan reserve with the rays.

Want to see hundreds of sharks and massive mantas get yourself out to Ant Island off Pohnpei. We spent our honeymoon on Pohnpei.

post-13077-1446234911_thumb.jpg

Seen them in the wild also. But with Sharks it's a good dive if you see one. Most of the time they swim away. This gives you a chance to see them in action and have a respect for them. To each his own, but sharks are more dangerous than circus monkeys. Lol.

Had a great week diving in Roatan. Here is a pic of the shark dive that we did. They are such graceful animals.

Very cool!

Whereabouts in Roatan were you?

Stumbled upon that place back in 2003 as part of a America/Central America tour and ended up buying a beachfont lot at the Lawson Rock development , West Bay.

Haven't been back since 2005 but got very fond memories of Roatan.