Problem with Flip Down Console

Alex F.

I tried to do a google search but I cannot find anything on how to fix my above center console that keeps dropping down.

Know Lamborghinis, my car cannot be the only one with this problem.

Has anyone else experienced this and how do you fix it? I had velcro as a quick fix but I would like to get it done right.

20151101_153416_zpsemxrqzwz.jpg

20151101_153422_zpslieyzca1.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Wrap a small piece of electric tape around the male piece in the roof. Mine did the same and this fixed it for the most part.

I also bought 2 stupid plastic pieces the male and female from Lamborghini for like $100 to fix it the right way but haven't yet.

Wrap a small piece of electric tape around the male piece in the roof. Mine did the same and this fixed it for the most part.

I also bought 2 stupid plastic pieces the male and female from Lamborghini for like $100 to fix it the right way but haven't yet.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will wrap some tape around it and see if that helps. I will also order the part from Lamborghini.

I had this exact problem and used http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81sD...fL._SY355_.jpg; attached two to the bottom and two to the top part, let it sit before you try to close it so that it can fully stick and not fall off, then close it and apply some pressure to the velcro till it locks in. Has worked like a charm for me. Hope this helps :)

I do realize that you used a very similar product but I feel this is the best fix for now, as long as you choose a very strong velcro.

I really wonder sometimes what goes through Mario's and Luigi's mind, when they're putting together an almost half a million $$ supercar in Santa ####. It's funny these little quirks that the Lambos have. My Ferrari 360 had them too, I'm just trying to understand why certain things were built the way they were. Someone in Italy must have thought it was a good idea... LOL

I thought about using magnets in some way. I will figure it out this weekend.

I agree with you marlonbvm, both Ferrari and Lamborghini should be ashamed of themselves by some of their craftsmanship. Trust me, these issues did not start with the Murcielago, it had these same issues on the Diable, Countach, F360 and F430. I guess this is what we pay for :-)

I've never been able to open mine and assumed it's been glued shut. It's been tempting to force it open, but now I've seen how useless the compartment is, I'll leave it be.

It might take someone with a bit of skill in retrofitting, but there are plenty of parts options from similar console/roof doors and pop-up cup holders (that sort of thing) from Honda, Toyota, and other car manufacturers. Instead of paying a c-note to buy a replacement part from Lambo that's destined to fail again, these other latch catches can last for 20 years or more.

Just a thought...

This is the worst to have hanging down when driving. I spent days trying to find this part and ordering numerous wrong ones.

Here is the part that will work,

http://www.homeclick.com/sugatsune-pr-4pk-...y/p-332772.aspx

The problem is that the plastic is too thin and pushes that part threw, the part that lowers. It needs to be dismantled and built up with glue or epoxy.

Ive got mine to work, I just dont use it too often.

I had mine fixed 2 months ago. I bought the whole set of the OEM locking mechanism (3 pcs) for ~220 from the dealer and they wanted at least 500 labor for it so i decided to fix it myself. In reality you only need the bottom part of the mechanism. The top part can be reused. The bottom part has a metal clip that hold the locking mechanism in place and it can be reused too so dont waste your money. I think if you buy the bottom locking mechanism only it's something like 90 from the dealer and it's a very small part, ~1.5" long. The harder part is to change it because the metal clip is super tight and it took me a good 2 hrs to unclip and reinstall. Give Glen at AMH a call and i'm sure he knows exactly which part you'll need. I'm not sure if i still have the old part with me. if i do i'll send you the pic so that u know exactly what to buy.