WannaGoFast at Sulfur Springs...

TarHeelBlue

Just looking on Instagram and it looks like a pretty good turn out for today's event. UGR even brought out a new Huracan in addition to JB's. Anybody got any details? Looks like the green H ran 228 and Gidi has run 227, so far...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking on Instagram and it looks like a pretty good turn out for today's event. UGR even brought out a new Huracan in addition to JB's. Anybody got any details? Looks like the green H ran 228 and Gidi has run 227, so far...

I just left. Red Huracan was running essentially stage 3 boost. It ran 202. I rode in it on the taxiway and in the parking lot. It shifted, rode and felt identical to the stock 2016 Huracan I drove to the event.

The biggest difference I noticed between the UR cars and almost everyone else (other than UR's cars all consistently ran 227-229) was that the UR cars started right up, sounded stock, idled like a stock car, drove around the parking lot like a stock car, and never had any drama. Everything else sounded like a rough, big cam race car that would barely idle.

Kevin and KC are not only pros at what they do they are 2 of the nicest guys in the business.

From what I've seen on FB

1st place: UGR Huracan (green) 234.13

2nd place: UGR Lambo (Bob Helms) 229.82

3rd place: GTR T1 (Tony) 227.93

4th place: UGR Lambo (Gidi) 227.73

The red Huracan is UGR's shop car. It has a build DCT gearbox, went 202 mph

From what I've seen on FB

The red Huracan is UGR's shop car. It has a build DCT gearbox, went 202 mph

Is Bob Helms car the black 2008 Super G?

What gear box is he running in his car?

Is Bob Helms car the black 2008 Super G?

What gear box is he running in his car?

It's the same car that went 233 mph back in January at another Wanna Go Fast event in Ocala, California

It's a 2011 Black Superleggera with yellow brake calipers

It has a dog box/sequential geabox

Looks like DP had some of their cars there and t1 brought their shop car.

Another UGR win over an impressive field. More impressive is the huracan with the dct went 200+ in the half mile its first showing. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK FOR THE GTR TO GO 200 with the dct!?

Looks like DP had some of their cars there and t1 brought their shop car.

Another UGR win over an impressive field. More impressive is the huracan with the dct went 200+ in the half mile its first showing. DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK FOR THE GTR TO GO 200 with the dct!?

You don't think it was made easier to get the Huracan trans to this level faster by all the early GTR trans failures? I would think that the parts manufacturers learned a lot from fixing tons of broken GR6's. Not many cars were running a DCT trans with tons of HP added before the GT-R.

You don't think it was made easier to get the Huracan trans to this level faster by all the early GTR trans failures? I would think that the parts manufacturers learned a lot from fixing tons of broken GR6's. Not many cars were running a DCT trans with tons of HP added before the GT-R.

Well UGR never worked on a GTR lol. They did on the 458 dct.

I was just shocked is all. Not really a lambo or GTR battle. I was just impressed a huracan with dct already cracked 170+ qtr and 200+ half mile. Pretty impressive.

I was just shocked is all. Not really a lambo or GTR battle. I was just impressed a huracan with dct already cracked 170+ qtr and 200+ half mile. Pretty impressive.

Damn impressive. Is UGR doing the trans in house?

Yes man it is crazy how fast all these cars are getting. A damn alpha 16 went almost 216. What was your fastest? 22x? These TTG's and Huracans will be in the 240's by spring. Crazy!

I was there...

-The red Huracan is freaking insane! That Beast went 202 MPH with 20" OEM tires... Also the track is very dusty

-DP R8 went 229 MPH (impressive) but the car ended up in the lake, hopefully nothing serious I didn't get to see the car. (See attached picture) the stopping area is not very long at all...

-The green Huracan is leading the event 234.13 MPH

-T1 GTR is the new fastest GTR 227.9 MPH

post-186226-1447559126.jpg

It did 170 in the 1/4 on that runway with standard P Zeros? :shock:

It did 170 in the 1/4 on that runway with standard P Zeros? :shock:

had to be vbox time then because wgf doesn't have a 1/4 trap. Leo, did you bring your car? Also to me the huracan with that power, if it drives well at slow speeds is the ultimate street car.

Wait huracan went 202 on oem tires on that dusty track!?!!

Hope the driver was ok? Damn 1 less SG r8 gt....

Yeah man the red Huracan went 202 on oem tires, the track is in really bad conditions...

I'm sure the driver is ok, I'm not sure about the car...

had to be vbox time then because wgf doesn't have a 1/4 trap. Leo, did you bring your car? Also to me the huracan with that power, if it drives well at slow speeds is the ultimate street car.

I didn't bring my car... It's too far just for a WGF...

The red Huracan drives just like stock but with "a littler" more power lol seriously the red Huracan is a monster...

Lol holy shit. Oem tires are junk.

That red huracan may go 8s at the drag strip pretty easy is my guess. Especially with 888s.

So, what kind of "changes" Gidi`s car have between this pass (227.93) and the record pass (234.86)

Is it lower boost? DA? tires??

All the 3 cars green TTH, Bob`s TTG and Gidi`s TTG has X version turbos.

Still impressive numbers. I hope this event has 2 days of competition.