Rosso Vik question

StoleIt

It is the most stunning color made for this car. It's so stunning I sold it-then re bought the same one back! The metallic paint shines bright in the sun and at night is brighter than maroon. Definitely not a bright red..The amount of compliments and comments I get on just the color is unreal. It's a 3 pedal coupe.

• 1 month later...

I went through great lengths to figure out what is closest to Rosso Corsa from Ferrari. It is Rosso Andromeda from Lamborghini. No question. Rosso Mars, has a pearl in the paint, where Rosso Andromeda does not. No Pearl. So when side by side, Rosso Andromeda is the closest. It is the only reason why I bought my Lamborghini was because of the color, I wanted it to match my 458 Spider, in the garage.

I went through great lengths to figure out what is closest to Rosso Corsa from Ferrari. It is Rosso Andromeda from Lamborghini. No question. Rosso Mars, has a pearl in the paint, where Rosso Andromeda does not. No Pearl. So when side by side, Rosso Andromeda is the closest. It is the only reason why I bought my Lamborghini was because of the color, I wanted it to match my 458 Spider, in the garage.

Rosso Mars doesn't have pearl in it it's kind of flat.

image.jpeg

Rosso Mars doesn't have pearl in it it's kind of flat.

post-7524-1453067127_thumb.jpg

Nope, Rosso Mars is the pearl-layered color.

I am looking at one everyday and I can't see any pearl in it.

Did a little research online, they say it has some metallic flake in it? I have never noticed it, but you would know better since you have one in the garage. It definitely isn't a pearlescent color.

Did a little research online, they say it has some metallic flake in it? I have never noticed it, but you would know better since you have one in the garage. It definitely isn't a pearlescent color.

I also researched it and it says metallic but I am really struggling to see the flakes in the paint, I am either color blind or maybe Lambo did a special weight saving paint job on mine and left the flakes out :icon_mrgreen:

I had a Rosso Mars AV coupe for 10months and I too struggled to see any metallic flakes in the paint despite it being classified by the factory as metallic. IIRC, this is like one of the Bianco colours (I think it was B. Cygnus) to which the factory insisted that it was metallic but anyone who had seen it was hard-pressed to notice any metallic flakes in it.

I own a Rosso Andromeda LP560. I have had the car parked next to Rosso Mars Gallardo's, and Rosso Corsa Ferrari's.

Andromeda vs. Mars, side by side they basically seem identical, as the owners we couldn't really tell a difference though we weren't pulling out microscopes or anything ;). If you are looking for a Gallardo pre-2012, then you should be looking for Rosso Andromeda. AFAIK Rosso Mars replaced Rosso Andromeda in 2012.

As for Andromeda vs. Corsa, it was a little hard to compare and identify differences because the curves/lines on the cars are different, and trying to match the same angle/plane and light conditions doesn't make for a "perfect" comparison. That said they are very similar and look good next to each other. Here's a few pics to help. Notice the need for multiple shots -- in one picture one of the cars will look darker than the other, in another picture it will be just the opposite. I have additional angles if it would be helpful, but I'd have to edit out some license plates first.

20140627_120653.jpg

20140627_120648.jpg

1.jpg

I also researched it and it says metallic but I am really struggling to see the flakes in the paint, I am either color blind or maybe Lambo did a special weight saving paint job on mine and left the flakes out :icon_mrgreen:

I took a pic at the dealership, I drove Rosso Mars Huracan for a while and yes, was really hard to find any flakes but I could find when I gave a light on Huracan's body surface.

Anyway, this is color-chip from Huracan configurator.

post-145008-1453644594_thumb.jpg