Placeholder thread for the LP770

capt_chaos

Looks like a cockroach

Well after all, the Aventador has styling ques that was inspired by insects... So, not surprised that it reminds you of a cockroach.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They F'ed it up.

Doesn't look anything remotely like something with Lamborghini DNA in it. Yeah, it generally looks like a high-performance "exotic car," sure. But not like a Lamborghini.

a.) It doesn't have the overall sharp wedge shape (from side profile) of a V12 Lambo model. On the contrary, it's bulbous, with a round, humped cockpit roof section.

b.) One thing that makes Lamborghini flagships very sexy/aggressive/badass looking, and very distinct, is a high rear end/rear deck, so that the overall lines of the car appear to slope up from front to back. (Look at the Aventador in the Lamborghini Dallas ad banner at the top of the page -- perfect example.) Those lines make the car look very aggressive, and pure sex. This thing (Centenario) has a downward sloping rear end, which is the complete opposite, and is distinctly unsexy. Reminds me a bit of the rear of a VW, or a Veyron (only worse).

By the way, the front cutout section of the door looks completely like that of the McLaren F1.

Not a fan. Sigh.

I spoke with some very credible sources yesterday and it apparently looks very much like the rendering. As they said, the Veneno should have been the Centenario, and I couldn't agree more.

looks better than in the rendering. But the the Veneno still looks the best of the "one off" series.

I think that Chris Singh still owns the best looking Lambo after the Countach.

ciao

Hard to see detail in that pic (which is what the car is most likely about) but it looks amazing so far!

Specs:

770hp as known

0-100 km/h: 2.8s

0-300 km/h: 23.5s, a 918 usally does it in mid 19s

350+ km/h on top end

Quote from the vid in terms of design elements:

"The futuristic and essential design includes an extending rear wing providing more downforce at high speeds, the body is built entirely in carbon fiber with a monocoque and all other body parts and trims in carbon fiber."

Like i said yesterday, I still dont like its front design. It makes me sad, actually. I guess I expected more at this point from Lambo. Props for carbon body and wheels tho and the interior likely from those teasers posted yesterday.

I must say that Lambocars did an amazing job of working it out, you rock dude!

Definitely some nice individual parts but they do not play well together. Not as horrible as I thought but still do not want.

Minor complaint - why are there imperfections in the surface of the front badge? That should be perfect on a car of this $$.

Edit: No carbon engine brace seems pretty lame.

I spoke with some very credible sources yesterday and it apparently looks very much like the rendering. As they said, the Veneno should have been the Centenario, and I couldn't agree more.

I believe you're crazy. The Veneno is an otherworldly spaceship. For 4mm unobtainium it's perfect.

Thought more a reworked aventador personally but I like it.

Agreed, from what I see so far I feel as though this is what the aventador should have been from the getgo.

Seems to me a few take things too personal and get abusive or resort to bas language. ...by few i mean certain moderators too...Folks we are here cause we have a common interest. Mine and others posts are just opinions...few here get carried away and get abusive for no reason. ..this is not a forum to please the 50 to 100 members who regularly post here...I and many sponsors/advertisers want to see a forum where hundreds if not thousands regularly visit and post....so chill and know its all opinions and good intentions....peace and prosperity and good health to all.

It seems you take issue with the way I have addressed you and your querulous nature in this and other threads. You claim to be all things placid and calm yet you have gone out of your way to be derisive towards a friend of mine and you have done so in a deeply infantile deliberate manner.

The members that know me off-board can vouch that my vocabulary is extensively elegant and expansive the vast majority of the time but my ability to absorb nauseatingly stupid irksome comments is non-existent hence resorting to language that I feel simpletons can easily relate to.

However you can read that particular feedback from those members in 3 months times as I simply do not have time for your petulant and aggravating mewling quim like nature. In short, you are an idiot, please do piss off.

The new model makes me feel awesome. In other words Lamborghini will be a strong favourite at the Exhibition in Geneva, Switzerland.

Ok ok I am coming around, a friend of mine always say, never show a fool a half finished job :icon_mrgreen:

I see Huracan and I see some Aventador, I am starting to like what I am seeing.

I believe you're crazy. The Veneno is an otherworldly spaceship. For 4mm unobtainium it's perfect.

I think I worded that wrong, what I meant was that they said the Veneno should have been the unicorn car, not the Centenario. My friend and I agreed that there should have been no Centenario.

I think I worded that wrong, what I meant was that they said the Veneno should have been the unicorn car, not the Centenario. My friend and I agreed that there should have been no Centenario.

Well that settles that.

Still, props to lamborghini for giving it a geniune effort... they could have just slapped on some stickers and plaques with a special color and called it a day...