Active Shooter SO CAL!

emanon

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy shit. I'm hearing that an argument broke out at this party. One party left. Came back with friends and guns and shot up the party.

Wtf???

Holy shit. I'm hearing that an argument broke out at this party. One party left. Came back with friends and guns and shot up the party.

Wtf???

Heard this report too, but it's hard to believe somewhat. Two guys with tactical gear ready to go for this one guy to give the "go order"? I guess it could happen, but seems some planning was involved to do this regardless of an abrupt incident at a party.

Wtf???

I got that same link from my sister and I'm calling sensationalist, click baiting, bullshit journalism on it. You don't come back to a party scuffle with pipe bombs.

I got that same link from my sister and I'm calling sensationalist, click baiting, bullshit journalism on it. You don't come back to a party scuffle with pipe bombs.

Could be ghetto trash with a government gig. I've seen it. They get "dissed" go get two homies and shoot up the party. Just like they do in the hood every Saturday night.

The area is pretty heavy in Hispanic gangs.

This was a while ago Doc. Looks like initial suspect down there in the bottom. I was watching live TV as the helicopter zoomed in on the scene initially before panning away from the body. Looked to me like he was dressed with black tactical vest, over white shirt(?) the gun was lying next to him, looked like auto rifle of some sort(?). SWAT pulled another lifeless person out of the back of the SUV later on. Looked to have desert camo type clothing(?). Hard to see though obviously not close up.

CVQc5CxWUAAsxQe.jpg

Thanks, man! I can't believe someone would stoop this low. Some people don't have rules. There were groups in Iraq that would place morters with strings tied into a bucket of ice and place them on the roofs of preschools and other schools pointed towards US bases in the hopes that the US would return fire.

fcuk him.

Shorts?

Maybe he was wearing coveralls or something over them when he went in the place and took them off when leaving? Maybe not and he just wanted to look casual for his escape. If I was a criminal, I'd want to blend into my surroundings as much as possible after I had to get out of the place to lessen my chances of being caught.

Could be ghetto trash with a government gig. I've seen it. They get "dissed" go get two homies and shoot up the party. Just like they do in the hood every Saturday night.

LA Times reporting the same thing. Fcuking unbelievable, senseless.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-l....html#nt=outfit

Just because they have plate carriers and rifles doesn't mean they are military trained or mercenaries like the news is saying. Lots of people have plate carriers and rifles. This could have just been deranged people with nothing to do with ISIS.

Suspect farooq saayad named on scanner.

One male and female confirmed dead at the Expedition scene. House in Redlands being torn apart, suspects were followed from that house on a tip to the shoot out.

News conference now from police/FBI: Two deceased suspects at SUV. One male, one female

Edit: shit, sorry RD.

Thanks, man! I can't believe someone would stoop this low. Some people don't have rules. There were groups in Iraq that would place morters with strings tied into a bucket of ice and place them on the roofs of preschools and other schools pointed towards US bases in the hopes that the US would return fire.

I don't quite get what you are saying there, do you mean they had like a catapult or sling type of thing to launch mortars at U.S. bases from the schools in hopes that the U.S. bases would return fire?

FBI is involved, some suspect it is terrorism-linked.

Wheels is possibly correct.

Pipe bombs involved. Make it federal and the Feds can take over the investigation based on that. More likely is they suspect terrorism.

I am looking for trends, not at individual events. BTW I am a gun owner.

OK, I did some digging. This seems to be one of the most comprehensive and reasonably objective studies of active shooter incidents available from 2000-2013. According to this FBI study, they have indeed trended upward since 2000, both in frequency and in lethality. They do not discuss the trends from before 2000 but it does provide a recent snapshot of the trends.

There are many other interesting facts in this report, including the fact that around 5% of these incidents were stopped by lawfully armed citizens and/or off-duty police officers.

A Study of Active Shooter Incidents in the US Between 2000 - 2013

(This is from the DOJ and FBI)

OK, I did some digging. This seems to be one of the most comprehensive and reasonably objective studies of active shooter incidents available from 2000-2013. According to this FBI study, they have indeed trended upward since 2000, both in frequency and in lethality. They do not discuss the trends from before 2000 but it does provide a recent snapshot of the trends.

There are many other interesting facts in this report, including the fact that around 5% of these incidents were stopped by lawfully armed citizens and/or off-duty police officers.

A Study of Active Shooter Incidents in the US Between 2000 - 2013

(This is from the DOJ and FBI)

Reading now..thanks.

If anyone reads the above report you will note that 60% of active shooters are stopped or kill themselves before the police can respond.

That means you're on your own for protection in the majority of these scenarios!

I was listening to the Police scanner on Broadcastify when the shootout went down. That was crazy.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/12443

Not sure if they mentioned this on TV but I was listening the the scanner when it went down. The SUV has Utah plates on it. Not sure if that makes any difference. Just another weird twist. They spotted the vehicle cruising near the scene hours later. Strange...

I don't quite get what you are saying there, do you mean they had like a catapult or sling type of thing to launch mortars at U.S. bases from the schools in hopes that the U.S. bases would return fire?

They had strings tied onto mortar rounds with the end of the strings in buckets of ice, so that when the ice melts, the mortar drops in the tube and launches towards the target giving the bad guys decent time to get out of there after leaving the scene. The mortars go off, in their hopes that hopefully the US attacks and kill the kids, and then the US looks bad. Praise Allah. It's a different kind of warfare over there compared to WWII.

Name confirmed. Saayad farooq and brother. Residence being searched belongs to him. Real explosive left at primary crime scene. Fake pipe bombs thrown during pursuit.

Sounds "terroristy" to me.

Explosion reported at suspect residence.

Edit: Also reported as "loud bang," possibly controlled detonation to neutralize stuff inside the house.

It is a heavy gang area and these guys regularly shoot each other with assault rifles over meaningless things. No respect for life.