Active Shooter SO CAL!

emanon

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Yeah I noticed, that and a bunch of gear.

My thoughts: Guy was radicalized by own means. Worked for county, knew about meeting - easy soft target - and planned this shit for a enough time to gather the gear and weapons and rally a couple accomplices.

This is just depressing and sickening....I am going to go live on top of a mountain and live a simple life...no television, no phones, no internet and no Lambos....just me and a hot chic.

^Yeah I noticed, that and a bunch of gear.

My thoughts: Guy was radicalized by own means. Worked for county, knew about meeting - easy soft target - and planned this shit for a enough time to gather the gear and weapons and rally a couple accomplices.

It may be a pseudo sleeper cell with him, his brother and the woman. I mean yeah, stupid is contagious but this wasn't workplace violence by any means.

It may be a pseudo sleeper cell with him, his brother and the woman. I mean yeah, stupid is contagious but this wasn't workplace violence by any means.

Pipe bomb was thrown before they started shooting, did not go off. Syed Farook was an employee of the Dept of Health....who rented that room for that party. Looks like the shooter number is being rolled back to 2. The woman was his fiancee.

Pipe bomb was thrown before they started shooting, did not go off. Syed Farook was an employee.

I'm not refuting any of those statements. I'm speculating that a majority of workplace violence is a "heat of the moment" situation. This appears to be more of a, "I'm getting a rental vehicle, my brother his gf, body armor, ammo cans, pipe bombs and go to the Christmas party" kind of circumstances.

I'm not refuting any of those statements. I'm speculating that a majority of workplace violence is a "heat of the moment" situation. This appears to be more of a, "I'm getting a rental vehicle, my brother his gf, body armor, ammo cans, pipe bombs and go to the Christmas party" kind of circumstances.

I agree, just speculating but it looks like a blend. I have seen unconfirmed reports of workplace bullying against him. It was definitely premeditated.

My thoughts exactly. 3 people aren't going to go on a rampage shooting up people, cops, throwing pipe bombs just because Habib had a bad day at work. This was something that took weeks, if not months to plan. These people had an objective. You're not going to go buy all of the supplies it took to pull this off in a week, surely someone would notice that something was off. If you want to carry out an attack like this, you're going to take time to plan it, time to gather supplies, and or time to practice it. There was a motive here and someone had thought about this long before today.

My thoughts exactly. 3 people aren't going to go on a rampage shooting up people, cops, throwing pipe bombs just because Habib had a bad day at work. This was something that took weeks, if not months to plan. These people had an objective. You're not going to go buy all of the supplies it took to pull this off in a week, surely someone would notice that something was off. If you want to carry out an attack like this, you're going to take time to plan it, time to gather supplies, and or time to practice it. There was a motive here and someone had thought about this long before today.

I think you probably could buy the supplies needed. People can buy multiple guns and ammo in bulk, there are even websites that specialize in bulk ammo sales. I do agree the planning would have taken time though.

That was not my question and probably my fault for not being more clear. I agree crime on the whole is down, I have seen that data. I was specifically referring to spree/mass shootings.

Mass shootings seem to be on the rise. The thing is that back in the days when gun control laws were far less lenient, we didn't have these mass shootings like this, so it can't be the guns. For example, prior to JFK being shot, you could have an automatic fire Thompson submachine gun (Tommy gun) or automatic fire AK-47 sent right to your house via mail order, no background check, no nothing. After JFK was shot, Congress passed legislation stopping mail order sales of guns, but it wasn't until 1986 that manufacture of automatic fire weapons for the civilian market was stopped and until the early 1990s that the national background check system was implemented.

Even if you go back to the 1920s when the gangs were shooting each other, that was caused by alcohol having been outlawed, and thus a black market being created, and thus the gangs fighting each other over it. The first major gun control legislation was passed in response to Al Capone's gang gunning down members of a rival gang in the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

So it likely isn't the guns that are causing this. It isn't as if gun laws were very strict, then loosened and suddenly mass shootings started occurring.

Mass shootings seem to be on the rise. The thing is that back in the days when gun control laws were far less lenient, we didn't have these mass shootings like this, so it can't be the guns. For example, prior to JFK being shot, you could have an automatic fire Thompson submachine gun (Tommy gun) or automatic fire AK-47 sent right to your house via mail order, no background check, no nothing. After JFK was shot, Congress passed legislation stopping mail order sales of guns, but it wasn't until 1986 that manufacture of automatic fire weapons for the civilian market was stopped and until the early 1990s that the national background check system was implemented.

Even if you go back to the 1920s when the gangs were shooting each other, that was caused by alcohol having been outlawed, and thus a black market being created, and thus the gangs fighting each other over it. The first major gun control legislation was passed in response to Al Capone's gang gunning down members of a rival gang in the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

So it likely isn't the guns that are causing this. It isn't as if gun laws were very strict, then loosened and suddenly mass shootings started occurring.

Machine guns were regulated in 1934. Full auto AK to your door in the 1960's? Not unless you don't mind 10 years in prison.

RIP to the innocent victims. This loss of life is simply unacceptable. To then compound it by intentionally targeting victims who already have significant adversity to overcome is even more unconscionable.

Wheels. You can't buy multiple guns in California. 10 day waiting period.

this was planned.

So. December 2nd seems a little early for a "holiday party". Unless the holiday is Hanukah. Which starts in a few days I think. Which would also explain why they had to rent a room away from their county government office.

Just a guess.

Well yes, we don't disagree. I don't think it was spontaneous workplace violence either - just that the terror target happened to be people he worked with. They have parties like this each year, he knew one would be planned for December, didn't matter what day in the month. He knew it was a soft target from attending previously (no security guards or threats to stop him), and that he'd be able to inflict a lot of damage. By "enough time to plan" I meant that could be any amount of time from months to a full year really.

My office plans our party in November and we set it for a date in December, around the middle of the month. My office "holiday party" is a week from tomorrow.

I've been hearing conflicting reports that the guys were not registered to either of those people. (straw purchase?)

And I'm still uneasy about the 3rd person aspect. Way too many eye witnesses saying there were 3. I would like to think they caught him and the FBI is "talking" to him... but it couldn't have been that quiet.

An interesting thought:

A shooting in California happened suddenly and without warning.

Except this:

A man who has been working in the area said he noticed a half-dozen Middle Eastern men in the area in recent weeks, but decided not to report anything since he did not wish to racially profile those people.

“We sat around lunch thinking, ‘What were they doing around the neighborhood?’” he said. “We’d see them leave where they’re raiding the apartment.”

For a while there was an oft quoted motto from Homeland Security, “If you see something, say something.”But that was before.

That was before “Clock Boy” Ahmed Mohamed, who brought what looked like a bomb to school. You see, it wasn’t a bomb. He was trying to make a clock. Or something. He didn’t really make a clock, he just stuffed the parts in a “pencil box” to show his teachers. His English teacher “saw something and said something,” which resulted in a nationwide outcry against racism.

It looked like a bomb, after all. (And under Texas law, it’s illegal to carry a hoax bomb.)

Yet, the teacher’s very responsible reporting of this incident almost broke social media.

ISLAMOPHOBIA, they cried.

The teacher — who no doubt makes a very small salary - had to sit back and watch as her student got an invitation to the White House and ultimately decided to sue the city for $15 million.

America noticed.

When the California workers saw a group of Middle Eastern men acting suspiciously, they were worried — even so much to discuss it over lunch.

But, they learned the lesson of Clock Boy and kept their mouths closed.

Has the President? Has America?

The clock is ticking.

We’ve got to stop prioritizing political correctness over safety.

This is wild. Anymore news if it is connected to ISIS? If it was I think ISIS would have claimed it already. I stayed up all night watching this. Just crazy how some people are wired.

I also heard on the news last night that they have assigned special forces to certain "interested" people in the US that may be connected to ISIS.

This is wild. Anymore news if it is connected to ISIS? If it was I think ISIS would have claimed it already. I stayed up all night watching this. Just crazy how some people are wired.

Nothing official yet, but it's pointing to some type of terrorist cell (my uninformed personal opinion)

Shooting report:

PD shot 380 rounds at these two.

2 Shooters fired 76 rounds back at PD

70+ shots fired at the initial incident, left mags (not CA 10 round cap obviously) and pipe bombs at the scene.

-Had 1400 rounds of .223 and 200 rounds of 9mm in the suv.

Found 2000+ rounds of 9mm and 2500+ rounds of .223 along with lots of .22LR at the Redlands home. Also some more bombs and even a few mounted to RC cars.

Rifles were S&W M&P15 and DPMS AR's.

Damn! Wonder how many people got injured in the chase/shoot out.

Also do the police carry assault rifles on them? Their 9mm are a little out gunned. Especially when the shooters have vest and etc.

Also do the police carry assault rifles on them? Their 9mm are a little out gunned. Especially when the shooters have vest and etc.

Depending on dept, the weapons will vary on type, but most - if not all - officers including patrolmen, should (by now in 2015) have such rifles in the trunk of their squad car to deal with situations like these. A lesson learned from I believe, the North Hollywood shootout in Feb of '97 where responding officers were completely outgunned by two bank robbers wearing body armor and carrying illegally-modified automatic rifles.

I did a police ride along a few weeks ago with a good friend and his patrol car had a standard M16 in the trunk. Shotgun in the front between driver/passenger. The ride-along was a very good experience.

Sadly, and worrisome in my opinion, is that particular M16 in that squad car had a known issue with having trouble cycling rounds. As well, the shotgun release did not function well, it would stick and the gun would not release. The dept was just not yet able to rectify the issues/replace the particular gun, probably due to funding.

But...but that's illegal!!! :eusa_naughty:

:iamwithstupid:

I don't even have the words to describe how idiotic it is to expect an animal that is not concerned with the legality of committing mass murder to follow the letter of the law re: magazine capacity. It is just as ridiculous as expecting GUN FREE SCHOOL ZONE signage to stop assholes hell bent on destruction and murder.