Active Shooter SO CAL!

emanon

It's all good to read, the first thing I thought of was who would sign up for this program? The only compensation you get is free training. I can see abuse of power being a problem.

It's by no means a perfect solution, but we don't live in a perfect world.

The training is free, but everyone involved is subject to no special laws or privileges (legally speaking) other than carrying unobstructed. With that in mind those gone through a thorough process of review and testing, that would hopefully weed out the Napoleons. I'm sure there would be a few, and statistically speaking that's inevitable, but the "abuse of power" would be a lesser of two evils when it comes to someone trying to gun down holiday shoppers in a mall, or a Christmas party.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any time we can remove barriers to lawfully armed people having the chance to defend themselves and others, that's a step in the right direction. I like the suggestion that this program would override other bans and restrictions but the legal challenges of that would be numerous and would take a lot of time and money to get through.

Unfortunately, SCOTUS neglected to hear a case appealing a local "assault weapons" ban today, thereby creating the likelihood that more local governments will enact assault weapons bans. This will mean nothing to the spree killers of the world, of course, but that's how these things work. I'm glad to live in Ohio where we have a law which says that no local law can be more restrictive than the state law. We won't be dealing with this nonsense here.

ATF says rifles used in San Bernardino shooting were illegal

If you're someone who thinks gun laws matter at all to people like this, the rifles used in the SB shooting were not legal according to the ATF.

Edit: Paris is another prime example. They definitely weren't legal there either.

ATF says rifles used in San Bernardino shooting were illegal

If you're someone who thinks gun laws matter at all to people like this, the rifles used in the SB shooting were not legal according to the ATF.

Edit: Paris is another prime example. They definitely weren't legal there either.

They were legal guns modified to be illegal. In this case the California button was removed.

They were legal guns modified to be illegal. In this case the California button was removed.

The guns were purchased by another individual and given to them; that is also illegal.

The guns were purchased by another individual and given to them; that is also illegal.

Scarecrow purchase. Not much can be done about that.

Unfortunately, SCOTUS neglected to hear a case appealing a local "assault weapons" ban today, thereby creating the likelihood that more local governments will enact assault weapons bans. This will mean nothing to the spree killers of the world, of course, but that's how these things work. I'm glad to live in Ohio where we have a law which says that no local law can be more restrictive than the state law. We won't be dealing with this nonsense here.

IMO, it's good that they declined to hear it, as I do not think this court would actually strike down an assault weapons ban. Especially not after how Justice Roberts upheld Obamacare. Clearly he is too influenced by how the "public" (aka the left-wing media) views the Court to do something like strike down assault weapons bans. That would mean all of them, California's, Maryland's, New York's, etc...would go out the window. It would be too "controversial" IMO.

I think what would happen is he'd find a weasel way to uphold it, such as say that semiautomatic firearms cannot be outlawed, but semiautomatic weapons defined as "assault weapons" by governments are Constitutional, and that it is not the job of this Court to get into defining "assault weapons," blah blah blah. I also think he'd make the mistake of saying that semiautomatic firearms cannot be outlawed instead of semiautomatic firearms with detachable box magazines, which is a crucial distinction, because otherwise the gun controllers could outlaw all semiautomatic firearms with detachable box magazines.

I also wouldn't trust Kennedy on the issue.

What I find particularly ironic is President Obama saying on the one hand that we must not sacrifice our values to fight terrorism but then saying it is okay to throw due process out the window when it's a right he isn't too fond of (he says that those on the terror watch list should be banned from purchasing a firearm). I.E., we must not sacrifice our values but it's plenty okay to toss due process (5th Amendment) and right to arms (2nd Amendment) out the window if one is declared suspicious by the government and place on some arbitrary list by the government where one has no real way of getting taken off of it.

Not much in favor of the Citizen Marshall idea. IMO, it just seems like doing a whole lot for something that should be inherent anyway. The operative clause of the Second Amendment states, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Now, your rights are not limited to your home, so the idea that one's right to carry arms for self-defense would be limited to the home strikes me as ludicrous.

Reminds me of this:

51575a10f2c2196752772946348f39b9.jpg

From a friend of mine on Facebook who lives down the way from the massacre. I think this should speak immensely to those clowns that are running the state: Emanon, did you notice the same?

Today at Turner Outdoors, literally down the street and around the corner from where the mass shooting occured in San Bernardino, the line to buy a firearm was an hour long. Citizens are arming themselves before California imposes even tougher restrictions on gun manufacture and sales. Obviously having the toughest gun restrictions in the country didn't prevent a mass shooting...

From a friend of mine on Facebook who lives down the way from the massacre. I think this should speak immensely to those clowns that are running the state: Emanon, did you notice the same?

I've been in 3 gun stores since then (that's not out of the ordinary for me) and all but the very high end AR's are gone, with no eta on the next deliveries. I can tell you that within a day of the shooting, prices on in-stock AR platform guns jumped quite a bit. One local store was literally cutting the price tags off guns while I was there and changing them.

I've been in 3 gun stores since then (that's not out of the ordinary for me) and all but the very high end AR's are gone, with no eta on the next deliveries. I can tell you that within a day of the shooting, prices on in-stock AR platform guns jumped quite a bit. One local store was literally cutting the price tags off guns while I was there and changing them.

Same thing happened with Sandy Hook. It's par for the course with publicized shootings.

Cheaper to make your own ;)

http://shop.ghostgunner.net/collections/fe...ts/ghost-gunner

I think I may have already mentioned this but I was in my local turners a couple of days after and it took 2.5 hours to get my ar in the middle of the day. My buddy went 2 days ago and did it was minimum 3 hour wait.

I think I may have already mentioned this but I was in my local turners a couple of days after and it took 2.5 hours to get my ar in the middle of the day. My buddy went 2 days ago and did it was minimum 3 hour wait.

Damn... that's insane just for a pickup.

Did you mail order a couple thousand rounds of ammo?

Oh yeah, spill the beans already, what did you get? :rant:

Damn... that's insane just for a pickup.

Did you mail order a couple thousand rounds of ammo?

Oh yeah, spill the beans already, what did you get? :rant:

I'll hit u up PM style.

People are concerned I imagine that California is going to outright ban all semiautomatic rifles with detachable magazines now. Things do not look good for California gun owners in particular with Gavin Newsom likely becoming the next governor.