New RS7 Tune

ATL_

APR has just released their new Audi RS7 tune (for the 2016 MY). Yes, just a tune and no other mods to generate these results - HP figure are WHP. Pretty compelling. Obviously, it does grenade the warranty.

RS7_tune.png

Been salivating over the rs7 with apr tune for a while. You can pick up a really nice used one for sub $100k now. Pretty killer dd...

You have to miss the good old days where your Audi service technician would look the other way and your car wasn't immediately marked in the system as "TD1" thus resulting in Audi of American having to check every service done to your car moving forward and decide if they want to cover.

These are crank numbers, ours runs 10's at 131-132MPH all day with just this tune

Yes, correct. I was incorrect about that in post #1.

• 2 weeks later...
Obviously, it does grenade the warranty.

I don't think this is correct. I think they still have to prove that your tune/mod/change directly caused the failure and voided the warranty. They can't just say "you made a change so the warranty is invalid."

Regardless the RS7 is a badass ride and with an APR tune look out! If I can get my S8 back in the country I am going to be asking them about a full exhaust for it.

I don't think this is correct. I think they still have to prove that your tune/mod/change directly caused the failure and voided the warranty. They can't just say "you made a change so the warranty is invalid."

Regardless the RS7 is a badass ride and with an APR tune look out! If I can get my S8 back in the country I am going to be asking them about a full exhaust for it.

Yes they can should they need to. No dealer is going to bend over and take the hit and when the data is sent back to Audi they will not approve the warranty work.

I have seen it first hand with someone who has a great relationship with the dealer.

Plus the RS7 rides like shit.

I'm "case in study" guy having APR tune on my '14 S8.

Went to my Audi dealer, voicing an issue over stuttering acceleration (picture sudden acceleration over small road (stop and go dips) imperfections. The dealer says fine, no problem.

First day - road testing

Second day - all necessary hook up Audi Germany call

Third day - dealership calls, we have an issue.

Fourth day - we have an issue, your car is generating 667 HP and your engine mounts are not designed to handle that.

Ooops.

Fifth day - I told them, okay I'll live with the shudder (and kill whatever is on the road)

Love Audi. And derivatives.

• 4 weeks later...

it doesn't per se completely void it. But like I mentioned, your car gets labeled as "TD1" on its vin number. This TD1 label makes it so ANY warranty work has to be reviewed by Audi N/A before they allow the warranty work to be covered. It gives them the chance to deny warranty claims if they want. Not like the old days when I blew the Turbo in my 08 A4 with a tune, and it was all taken care of thanks to a generous dealer and service department warranty claim!

They absolutely can and do.

Plus the RS7 rides like shit.

That is completely false. Mine does not, anyways.