US spec Manual Gallardo Model and Coler Productioin

Oldschol

Hi guys,

I posted this information over on the another board forum so I thought I'd share it here as well. This is the culmination of 18 months of research with help from some members of the other forum and the staff at Automobili Lamborghini in Virginia. There was a plethora of false and conflicting information floating around so I did not want to post until the numbers were verified. All the cars listed are confirmed with VINs from Lamborghini so this should be the definitive number. No complete VINs will be released without the consent of the respective owner in case they want to preserve confidentiality. Hopefully this registry will aid potential buyers searching for a particular model/color combination or at least prevent them from wasting time looking for a car that does not exist.

Please note that there have been some Canadian and European spec cars either advertised or confirmed in the US that are beyond the scope of this registry. This is a record of US-spec LP Gallardos only. Similar data for Pre-LP, E-gear and foreign market cars will require the patience, perseverance and research of someone other than me.

US_SPECIFICATION_LP_GALLARDO_NUMBERS.pdf

Hi guys,

I posted this information over on the another board forum so I thought I'd share it here as well. This is the culmination of 18 months of research with help from some members of the other forum and the staff at Automobili Lamborghini in Virginia. There was a plethora of false and conflicting information floating around so I did not want to post until the numbers were verified. All the cars listed are confirmed with VINs from Lamborghini so this should be the definitive number. No complete VINs will be released without the consent of the respective owner in case they want to preserve confidentiality. Hopefully this registry will aid potential buyers searching for a particular model/color combination or at least prevent them from wasting time looking for a car that does not exist.

Please note that there have been some Canadian and European spec cars either advertised or confirmed in the US that are beyond the scope of this registry. This is a record of US-spec LP Gallardos only. Similar data for Pre-LP, E-gear and foreign market cars will require the patience, perseverance and research of someone other than me.

For some reason the software or auto-correct or something is causing errors in the original post. The topic should read:

US-spec Manual Gallardo Model and Color Production -- NOT the misspelled topic posted.

The first line should also read that I posted this information on the another board forum. Does this forum ban any reference to our friends over there?

Anyway, those are the corrections. Fortunately, the attachment has not been "corrected".

Well, isn't that interesting. When I type the other forum's name in a post it automatically gets deleted and replaced with "another forum". So much for freedom of speech on this forum.

While I'm complaining, I might as well note that I never could correct my name above the avatar to appear as "Oldschool" like my registered user ID. I can live with my name being misspelled but deleting another forum's name seems a bit autocratic and maybe even paranoid. Strange times, indeed.

Amazing work. But isn't there an orange 570 performante on ebay now?

That car is a Canadian spec car and has been floating around Midwest dealers for months. Every time I try to get a definitive answer on whether the DOT and EPA releases have been obtained some sort of story arises. I really would like to know whether that car can actually be registered in the US.

What about pre LP Gallardo's with Manual Transmission. I have a 2008 6 speed so I am curious.

Thanks for compiling this information. It goes to show how rare a manual LP Gallardo is!

Hi empunker,

Looks like you have one of the five manual Balbonis. Is it the Blu Caelum car or one of the three white ones? There's a white one in Hawaii but I'm guessing that yours is one of the other two.

Awesome work OldSchool !!

Appreciate your efforts as I know this was not an easy task.

I was wondering how one actually compiles a list like that? I'm guessing the factory doesn't just give answers.

Correct. It takes a lot of work to build a list like that. Very well done Oldschol. I will post the list on my site as well with credit to you. The factory is not always sure how many there are in each market.

When I asked them how many manual LP640s they had built for the US, they eventually came up with a number but it was fewer cars than I had already located. 23 versus 26.

Very cool document.

I was wondering how one actually compiles a list like that? I'm guessing the factory doesn't just give answers.

Correct. It takes a lot of work to build a list like that. Very well done Oldschol. I will post the list on my site as well with credit to you. The factory is not always sure how many there are in each market.

When I asked them how many manual LP640s they had built for the US, they eventually came up with a number but it was fewer cars than I had already located. 23 versus 26.

Very cool document.

The short answer is:

1. Check all the sites with cars for sale on a regular basis. VINs and photos on those sites confirm the model and color.

2. Have fellow forum members who are also interested contribute information however they get it.

3. Network with friends of friends of friends until you find contacts within Lamborghini who are willing to share information.

4. PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE. You will get lots of false and conflicting information -- even from Lamborghini!

This process only took me about 18 months to complete the LP manual list for US cars. Good luck with pre-LP, Egear and global production.

Hi empunker,

Looks like you have one of the five manual Balbonis. Is it the Blu Caelum car or one of the three white ones? There's a white one in Hawaii but I'm guessing that yours is one of the other two.

Unfortunately, my Balboni is actually one of the many E-Gear equipped cars. It's Nero Noctis.

I've only seen two manual Balboni's in person: one white U.S. spec (when it belonged to Luxury4Play), and one orange E.U. spec (still belongs to Valentino Balboni himself).

The Blu Caelum car was for sale not too long ago in New York.

I wish mine was also a gated car!

Unfortunately, my Balboni is actually one of the many E-Gear equipped cars. It's Nero Noctis.

I've only seen two manual Balboni's in person: one white U.S. spec (when it belonged to Luxury4Play), and one orange E.U. spec (still belongs to Valentino Balboni himself).

The Blu Caelum car was for sale not too long ago in New York.

I wish mine was also a gated car!

Thanks empunker. Just thought I'd note how many of the 59 LP manuals are owned by members of this and the other forum. I believe there are more egear Balbonis than manuals. That probably doesn't sit well with Valentino!

Thanks for all the positive feedback on this project both on the forum and in private emails. Happy to provide some information that may help members in the search for their ideal Gallardo in the future.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a safe-driving New Year to all!!

Very cool project. As for the other forum...nobody really cares about the other forum hence the shenanigans. That is part of the charm of LP!

Thanks empunker. Just thought I'd note how many of the 59 LP manuals are owned by members of this and the other forum. I believe there are more egear Balbonis than manuals. That probably doesn't sit well with Valentino!

Amazing job Oldschol.

I'm very fortunate to own one of the 3 Performante manual cars. Amazing that there were only 15 of the 4 wheel drive LPs in total in manual! Makes sense that more driving enthusiasts ordered the -2 cars in manual...

Absolutely love the gated shifter. So few interesting cars made these days with manual transmission...nice to see the Porsche GT4 get Evo car of the year 2015 - it only came in manual...

Wow awesome job. Would love to have a manual G one day. Never driven one, maybe one day if Kai is nice ^ ;)

• 2 weeks later...