Winkelmann Speculation thread.

a007apl

He has been at Audi for over a year.

I know. Could be details in a employment agreement/contract with Ferrari, did you think he was going to end up anywhere else in VW?

Good news though looks like Audi nee VW is not walking away after "Dieselgate".

I know. Could be details in a employment agreement/contract with Ferrari, did you think he was going to end up anywhere else in VW?

Good news though looks like Audi nee VW is not walking away after "Dieselgate".

Well he was heading up the VW F1 entry... so non-compete etc is not applicable.

There is this

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry...orghini-reports

But it reference reports from Italy which as far as I can see reference Gazzetta de Sport where they interview Stefano Domenicali and aks about F1.

If this is true, it bodes pretty well for the Audi RS platforms. Maybe even some OE "aftermarket" options will begin to emerge.

If this is true, it bodes pretty well for the Audi RS platforms. Maybe even some OE "aftermarket" options will begin to emerge.

Audi has gone downhill lately. They used to have a nicer/as nice product as BMW and Benz, now, not so much.. (Not counting the R8)

This is an example of how bad the motoring press and how they all leech off each other.

EVERY LINK in this thread revert back to one story, one interview. In a Italian publication...

What we have so far is a lot of speculation but no specific exact quotes. So lets not get carried away with speculation

http://www.gazzetta.it/Formula-1/14-12-201...l?refresh_ce-cp

Ran through google translate.

December 14, 2015 - Milan

Stefano Domenicali, former director of the Ferrari Ges. Colombo.

Stefano Domenicali, former director of the Ferrari Ges. Colombo.

Stefano Domenicali, former director of the Scuderia Ferrari, is close to becoming the CEO of Lamborghini. The agreement with the house, which is part of the Volkswagen Group would be in the pipeline, less than sensational breakthroughs that were to arrive from Germany. For Domenicali, who is already part of the Group as vice president of the innovative projects of the Audi, the one with the house of Sant'#### Bolognese would be a return of great prestige.

from Maranello Audi - Stefano Domenicali has resigned 14 April 2014 as head of the Gestione Sportiva the red, after a very negative Bahrain GP. At Maranello had replaced Jean Todt in 2007 and won the constructors' title to the wall in 2008, but also earned the bitter disappointments of the world lost a photo finish by Alonso in 2010 and 2012. It has been the Audi November 1, 2014.

"What is the size of the head of the new Head?"

This, Winkelmann had best neck to head ratio of all naturally aspirated humans.

This is an example of how bad the motoring press and how they all leech off each other.

EVERY LINK in this thread revert back to one story, one interview. In a Italian publication...

What we have so far is a lot of speculation but no specific exact quotes. So lets not get carried away with speculation

http://www.gazzetta.it/Formula-1/14-12-201...l?refresh_ce-cp

Ran through google translate.

exactly ... there is nothing official about it, and everyone has based their articles on one original story from Italy ... a bit like the blue Huracan Superleggera scoop ... something was weird about it ... now we know why.

Just ask yourself, why would Winkelmann be replaced, from a marketing and 'profit' point of view he's doing a great job for Audi AG at Lamborghini ... as far as I know at least.

Just ask yourself, why would Winkelmann be replaced, from a marketing and 'profit' point of view he's doing a great job for Audi AG at Lamborghini ... as far as I know at least.

Wouldn't moving him to Audi technically be considered a promotion? I would hate to see him leave Lambo as he has done a tremendous job growing Lambo in to what it is today (I know Destructo will disagree with me on this being a good thing ;) ) but there is no doubt he would have an amazing impact on Audi. If he can do to Audi what he has done for Lambo that would benefit the VW Mothership and their bottom line drastically.

So SpongeBob Shortpants is leaving to join Audi. I'll miss him at Lamborghini, but love to have him at Audi.

Good news I expect, from the outcome, only.

Audi has gone downhill lately. They used to have a nicer/as nice product as BMW and Benz, now, not so much.. (Not counting the R8)

your right, i was at Audi the other day to lease my girl a Q5. ALL the cars were bad plastic. Very sad. I leased her the car-she is happy. But I wouldnt buy anything there with Allens $$$ ;)

IMO the party ended when Audi took over......

• 2 weeks later...

Lamborghini is loosing everyone! Manfred I'm sure was in on all the new designs....

Just learned last week Jason Chinnock (GM of Marketing Lamborghini America) has also left the brand to go to hold Ducati as their N.A. CEO beginning 01/01/2016.

Wonder who else will transfer or move on?