ATL_

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Bentley/Arnage/...amp;orup=2_15_6

Works out to about $58k USD given how bad our CDN dollar is.

That is a lot of car for the money. It has the level 2 sports package as well which was a big dollar option. Body style came out in 1999 and still holds up fairly well today.

Just as a quick word of warning if you are considering that 07 T above, that car was for sale at that same dealer almost 2 years ago for the same price and has barely added any mileage since then. It was off the market for about 6 months then popped back up with a matte white wrap and some terrible looking wheels. It sat for sale like that forever again, looks like they have removed the wrap and switched to some less terrible wheels for the same price it was for sale as before. That car has done a LOT of sitting around, not sure I would want to buy one of these cars with miles that low. I would think you would be in for a world of hurt.

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this ... I think I found a car that checks out, older model and I did hear you suggestions loud and clear. I just want to cruise to dinner this summer with the wifey and baby. Have a little fun. The car checks out with top, service etc. can't get these guys to move much on price. Has been there for 1.5 yrs. I want to be VERY low $50s. Any advice other than paying more?

http://www.chariotsofpb.com/Chariots/Inven...BZK22E42CX01005

Edit: Since last posting here, top down has become an absolute must

My father in law has an 06 Arnage and it developed an ECU Control Module problem. The alarm will go off randomly (even while driving) and sometimes wont unlock. We went out to a nice restaurant and it was embarrassing when we had to drive off with the alarm sounding hah!

We "think" we fixed it for now with a simple flash but we have done that before and it came back, but for now it seems alright. Theres a company in the UK you can send the control module to and they will rebuild it better than new supposedly, thats our next step if it comes back.

Other than that he spent $65k on it with 5,000 miles and its incredible. Tons of power, extremely comfortable, looks the part and gets tons of attention.

The azure is a boat. And floats along the road as such. Especially the one you linked with those tiny wheels. Back in high school I worked as a lot tech for a rolls and Bentley dealer in cincy here. So my experience is limited to just flaunting customer cars around. haha. But I have to say, that Arnage you posted is beautiful. I think that would be a lot more usable then putting a child in the back of a two door, even if the back seat is huge. Just wish that blue one had the Arnage T five spoke wheels

Read through the thread again and am questioning the Azure if it really is that shitty to drive.

In a word, yes!

Seriously, it drives and rides like a boat. If you are just cruising on a road as smooth as airport tarmac, then fine. Any unevenness it upsets the car as the entire car simply flexes.

I would suggest you factor in your child as well. All these cars are as aerodynamically efficient as a brick wall (and likely weigh just as much) so the turbulence and wind buffs for the rear passenger with the top down is quite violent. Pretty sure that's not ideal for your child especially if he/she is a baby.

Arnage over the Azure anytime, anywhere and anyplace.

Good luck on your hunt.

Most all of the azures ive seen have had horrible interior dye jobs. They are getting down there in price though.

That Mulliner Arnage was a much better buy then the 02 Azure you had a link for. I dont know how you could stand looking at the dash in the Azures, I quite like the exterior of them but the interior is just so dated looking I dont think I could ever buy one. Would definitely go for an Arnage. I am on the hunt for an 09 Brooklands since I sold my Arnage last year, trying to find one up here in Canada already but I think I am going to have to resort to buying from the US.

• 3 months later...

Well, apparently I did not listen to anyone's advice and bought a turd, albeit one that I love! I will follow the advice one the next one - want a Cont SC next but this was relatively cheap and makes me smile in the summer. I am still breathing heavy realizing that nothing will ever be perfect on the car at a singular moment. But, fcuk it, it is a lot of cowl shaking fun. The fallic hood ornament takes the cake. The blusish purple color is epic - pics don't show well.

IMG_6647.JPG

IMG_6635.JPG

Also, at least I am not one of the douche nozzles that say they want to do something, ask for advice and then don't act.!

These older luxuries look way older that normal or sports cars from same age.

And they all ask the same age old question: Is the owner an african kingpin who hustles slaves, blood diamonds and elephant tooths or is that just chaufeured daily grocery getter for old couple in Monaco where men have silver hair and lady's blouse has very big golden buttons on lapel.

But put a kids seat and kid on back of that land yacht, and it looks way more bad ass than either. Congrats! Excellent color!

Glad you've found the car that you like.

Your $, your preferences, your choice, your car; opinions of others don't really matter. And it certainly looks great; old school all hand-made charm! And your little one looks like a boss! Matching colour child seat & hat with the car; the devil's in the details. Big congrats! :icon_thumleft:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the top worked 3 times and blew a hydraulic hose. $12k fix. FML. I am inclined to just let the top stay down.

Well, the top worked 3 times and blew a hydraulic hose. $12k fix. FML. I am inclined to just let the top stay down.

$12k... bullshit.

https://www.tophydraulicsinc.com/en/31-bentley

http://www.cabriolethydraulics.com/convert...aulic-hoses.php

Hose is ~$150 and chances are you can do this yourself with some common hand tools. Looks like about $1k to have all 12 of the hydraulic cylinders rebuilt if needed.

Another option is just remove the existing hose and take it to a commercial hydraulic hose shop, they are all over.

http://www.american-hose.com/

Take it in there (or any place similar), and let them build you a replacement. They will give you a complete replacement part, pressure tested and ready to rock.

Too bad you dont live up here, we have an in-house hydraulic shop that specializes in custom built hoses as part of my business. Any industrial hose and hydraulic supplier in your area should be able to replicate the line for you though, you shouldnt have too much trouble.

It's a total of 20 hoses that run all the way through the car. Repair requires the removal of the entirety of the interior. Also, there are no schematics available and Bentley no longer makes several of the hoses. I wish I knew more about what was actually going on so that I could call BS ... it does all seem a bit ridiculous.