New Tesla X delivery

VENOMIZ

My neighbor just took delivery of their Model X! From my understanding, one of the first deliverys in the US. Car is wicked cool, love it!

post-6491-1451458803_thumb.jpg

post-6491-1451458818_thumb.jpg

post-6491-1451458823_thumb.jpg

post-6491-1451458836_thumb.jpg

post-6491-1451458851_thumb.jpg

post-6491-1451458899_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i saw one the other day in the SF airport parking lot. I don't understand the appeal at all. Looks like a model S that ate to many donuts. No thanks.

Not a fan of that color, and the fact that the pictures are sideways doesn't help. The car actually, in person, looks fantastic. The doors on the side are the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. It is amazingly fast and being able to tow something with an electric vehicle is incredible. Just read about another friend who pulled his boat with his and was blown away by the torque.

What happens to range when you tow?

Just like a Internal Combustion Engine (ICE), it loses fuel economy or range. He tested his and started with a range of 225 mile ( approx 80% charge) , he got about 110 miles instead thus about 50% of what he usually gets pulling a 6500lb boat and trailer. Probably similar to an ICE vehicle.