Favor for those in Plainfield, IL area

beddu

Hello guys,

I would like to ask for a favor if possible for anyone in the greater Plainfield, IL area. Long story short, we had sent our stock Huracan to the UK to get worked on whereby the muffler was replaced - when the muffler was sent back, the idiot tuner decided to SAW OFF the tips right by the muffler body to make it easier for him to package. Obviously in it's current condition the muffler is worthless.

I sent the stock muffler to Fluid MotorUnion, whose fame preceeds them (or if not, find their videos on YouTube and look through their blog, worth your while) for making some rather insane MK1 Gallardo Exhaust Muffler bypasses (and for many other vehicles, their work is brilliant) and the insane 600whp C63 Black Series with a blown diffuser. I would like to ask then if anyone would be willing to lend their car or stock muffler just so that they can set up a jig with proper reference points it would be hugely appreciated. FMU will also look to work on the cost of a custom system as incentive should you be so obliged (I've also sent them an Aventador muffler to re-do). If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated, and once fixed the stock muffler will also be for sale :P

Thanks,

Enrico

I can't imagine there is enough interest in a stock muffler to make that worthwhile...unless it is a sport version or something other than standard issue.

No no, the incentive would be on a custom muffler not on the stock one! Mind you, their pricing is already really decent on the Gallardo stuff so it would end up a very decent deal.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone willing to lend a hand?

I'm in Chicago. I have an aftermarket exhaust on my car now, and my stock has been at another manufacturer for a little while getting jigged up too, let me see if they are sending it back soon.

My OEM is being sent back to me next week...its out of the country. Not sure how much time you have, but I should have mine back sometime in Feb.

My OEM is being sent back to me next week...its out of the country. Not sure how much time you have, but I should have mine back sometime in Feb.