Billions

eddiemc2

I think Vinyl is great so far. I'm not sure how they can keep the pace up though, it's pretty hectic.

Every time some random person starts singing in those little vignettes, I think the writer has had a stroke

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped watching vinyl halfway through the second episode. I switched to Vikings, which has less cocaine but similar hairstyles.

You lost me at less cocaine...

• 11 months later...
If you are impatient, I saw the first episode is already available on Showtime On Demand.

and there goes my morning

• 2 months later...
Thoughts on the final episode of the season?

I think we're going to find Chuck roads doesn't yet know that Wendy roads bought as much short position as she could against the IPO. He'll find himself in the predicament that if he tries to prosecute Axe, he'll also have to bring charges against his own wife for trading on inside information

I think we're going to find Chuck roads doesn't yet know that Wendy roads bought as much short position as she could against the IPO. He'll find himself in the predicament that if he tries to prosecute Axe, he'll also have to bring charges against his own wife for trading on inside information

Partially correct, remember the criminal case is being handled by a district other than his so technically his hands are tied.

Partially correct, remember the criminal case is being handled by a district other than his so technically his hands are tied.

True, but he has also already meddled in the other district's case by making sure Bryan was appointed as the lead prosecutor on the case and by helping the other US attorney find Axe. He has some favors coming for finding Axe.

You are right though, the US attorney for that district has no love for Chuck, he hates that he couldn't find anything to bury Chuck while he was investigating him, he resents him trying to influence his case, and wouldn't hesitate to prosecute anyone regardless of who it hurts.

Axe clearly lost his way without Wendy guiding him, with her back helping him, I think he finds a way to get free and clear of all of it. At least I hope because the show would lose a lot of it's appeal with the main character in jail.

True, but he has also already meddled in the other district's case by making sure Bryan was appointed as the lead prosecutor on the case and by helping the other US attorney find Axe. He has some favors coming for finding Axe.

You are right though, the US attorney for that district has no love for Chuck, he hates that he couldn't find anything to bury Chuck while he was investigating him, he resents him trying to influence his case, and wouldn't hesitate to prosecute anyone regardless of who it hurts.

Axe clearly lost his way without Wendy guiding him, with her back helping him, I think he finds a way to get free and clear of all of it. At least I hope because the show would lose a lot of it's appeal with the main character in jail.

For sure :lol2:

We all know Axe will find a way to come out on top

Love the show, but they lost the plot slightly the last two episodes. Didn't make much sense logically other than to preserve the plot twist. Who the hell uses their entire family's fortune as bait for a trap and then doesn't do a single thing to preserve it when they know Axe is going to turn the IPO on it's head? Considering the whole play was based on information being fed to Axe it would have been simple to shift the funds or at least sell at the peak and still come out ahead. Staying in for the long haul, showing how distraught Rhodes was, and not listening to his wife seemed like it was all for the twist. They covered up some of it with the final jailhouse conversation, but "Worth It" still didn't straighten out the gaps.

Reminds me of Entourage where it is super fun watching wretched excess and then they add broke drama and lose me. I don't watch these shows to watch the winner lose.

Most foreign actors get a low growl to do an american accent. PaulG aka Rhides has his own thing too. So when Axe and Rhodes, verbally battle that this growl by Axe seeems so ruthless and sinister it make me get on tge edge of my seat when they are throwing down threats.

Over all, I like the whole cast and how they work together. Taylor has a special kind if venom and the interactions this sesson makes me think the show will widen that role.

Love the show, but they lost the plot slightly the last two episodes. Didn't make much sense logically other than to preserve the plot twist. Who the hell uses their entire family's fortune as bait for a trap and then doesn't do a single thing to preserve it when they know Axe is going to turn the IPO on it's head? Considering the whole play was based on information being fed to Axe it would have been simple to shift the funds or at least sell at the peak and still come out ahead. Staying in for the long haul, showing how distraught Rhodes was, and not listening to his wife seemed like it was all for the twist. They covered up some of it with the final jailhouse conversation, but "Worth It" still didn't straighten out the gaps.

:iamwithstupid:

Made absolutely no sense to risk the entire trust to catch Axe. Also why isn't Wendy pissing on people anymore?

Technically he didn't risk the entire trust. He was just going to risk half of it. It was his father who got greedy and cashed out the entire trust to invest.

There's no *plausible* future for the show. Even with the issue of Wendy shorting the stock, Axe Capital is toast, if we're really to believe the FBI has an endless trail of evidence linking Axe Capital and the participants of the conspiracy to use poison to manipulate the IPO. Sure, they could come up with an outlandish scenario to solve it, but not one rooted in reality. Insider trading is a constant, but you don't get to run a family firm as punishment when a half dozen people you've been seen with are vomiting their faces off just after you take the only massive short in town.

There's no *plausible* future for the show. Even with the issue of Wendy shorting the stock, Axe Capital is toast, if we're really to believe the FBI has an endless trail of evidence linking Axe Capital and the participants of the conspiracy to use poison to manipulate the IPO. Sure, they could come up with an outlandish scenario to solve it, but not one rooted in reality. Insider trading is a constant, but you don't get to run a family firm as punishment when a half dozen people you've been seen with are vomiting their faces off just after you take the only massive short in town.

Agreed. Too bad. Only other options include a new villain.

Agreed. Too bad. Only other options include a new villain.

Looks like Taylor might just be that villain..Don't want this show to end, way to good to go out like that.

Looks like Taylor might just be that villain..Don't want this show to end, way to good to go out like that.

Taylor is calculated and unemotional, that makes for a good villain. Taylor plays by the books, and I think the (pick one) community will be up in arms about a role model turned evil. I like the character too, but we jumped the shark just like that.

• 1 year later...

Finally caught up on all episodes.

Any predictions for the season finale tomorrow night?

I hope Connerty gets his revenge on Rhoades......I can't stand that smug son of a bitch. :icon_mrgreen:

Put a different way:

Is there anyone on here who roots for Rhoades over Axe? :lol2: