Any GT3 owners here?

abolfaz

Great car but especially with the buckets, terrible DD imo. It's difficult to describe just how different it is from a Turbo. The seats, no keyless, no power down low, etc. If you are out of your twenties and used to nicer stuff, it just won't do.

I think its great to use daily, but then again I take the F40 to the supermarket

Of my two "DD" cars I think the GT3 is a bargain given that on the road it doesn't feel that different from the RS

post-4545-1452282395_thumb.jpg

I think its great to use daily, but then again I take the F40 to the supermarket

Of my two "DD" cars I think the GT3 is a bargain given that on the road it doesn't feel that different from the RS

918, F40, GT3 and RS... :icon_pray:

:icon_super:

Great car but especially with the buckets, terrible DD imo. It's difficult to describe just how different it is from a Turbo. The seats, no keyless, no power down low, etc. If you are out of your twenties and used to nicer stuff, it just won't do.

completely different opinion to mine

I had a GT3 DD and sold it to buy a Turbo. this was the biggest car mistake i've ever made. GT3 did everything perfectly. the Turbo felt like a really fast lounge chair. the biggest problem however was (perhaps its different in the USA) the GT3 allowed me to have fun at most speeds because I had a 4:11 diff gear set, where as the turbo only became fun when you were travelling at speed that would send you to jail. They are extremely strict on speeding here in Aus unlike in the USA so perhaps its less of an issue.

I cant speak highly enough about a GT3 as a dd. and although i dont know which specific model your seeking out. If you're talking 991 I'm guessing that would have the comfort stakes covered a little more than an older one as well as PDK if you're lazy with your left foot.

991. I'm going to take it for a spin tomorrow and see if it'll work for me.

Put PDK in sport,sport exhaust button on and make sure you wind it to 9000 rpm at least once. After that no way you don't buy it

I'm on my second 996 GT3 but have spent a lot of time with 991 GT3's on and off track. You will love the shit out of it even as a DD, Mike.

I had a 991 50th as a DD and it was ALMOST perfect - it needed more power and a slightly more aggressive look. I can imagine the GT3 would be fcuking perfect for a daily.

Thinking of picking one up as a DD. Thoughts?

Depends on where you live in the world. If you have good roads where you live, then the GT3 could be livable as a DD. I live in Los Angeles, so definitely no to the GT3 as a DD, especially with those 918 bucket seats.

Depends on where you live in the world. If you have good roads where you live, then the GT3 could be livable as a DD. I live in Los Angeles, so definitely no to the GT3 as a DD, especially with those 918 bucket seats.

With comfort seats would be perfect.

Turbo a better DD but boring unless doing 100 mph +

With comfort seats would be perfect.

Turbo a better DD but boring unless doing 100 mph +

Cannot wait for the 991 GT2 RS. Praise jesus.

what can you pick up a 14' GT3 for now, ball park?

I always wanted one of these!

$130-$140k depending on options. Buckets are a must.

I've owned 3 GT3s. They're really great cars, but imo they make for a worse daily driver than a regular 991S, unless you spend a MAJORITY of your time driving winding roads or you seriously intend to track it. The regular, rear-wheel drive 991S is awesome, considerably more comfortable and useable than the GT3, and imo plenty fast enough.

Guest evzmeniy

hmm

I hear you, it feels retarded around town and in traffic.

I have a 2015 GT3 ,incredible car and can be used as a daily but if you aren't going to enjoy it for what it is I think commuting in it is a waste.

Agreed.

I've owned 3 GT3s. They're really great cars, but imo they make for a worse daily driver than a regular 991S, unless you spend a MAJORITY of your time driving winding roads or you seriously intend to track it. The regular, rear-wheel drive 991S is awesome, considerably more comfortable and useable than the GT3, and imo plenty fast enough.

No winding roads, nothing other than six miles of 35 mph traffic in each direction.

It seems that it would make a shitty DD, problem is that everyone and their damn mothers down here has some sort of 997 or 991. For the money, the GT3 is unique and low key (at least to the average person in white), if you don't know what you're looking at it looks like any other 911. This is the most important part for me.

Otherwise, what else can you get that makes any sense and gives you the same bang for the buck at that price point? I already have a BMW 650 sedan that I dislike driving as I hate driving around by myself in a four door. I spent a week driving a new Wraith and couldn't stand the negative reactions from clients, employees, etc.

With all that said, I still can't figure out if I want a GT3 or not.