Powerball Hitting The Big "B"

Rawr

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mess with the lotto much, but with odds being 1 in 292million, what keeps a current billionaire from buying one of each number combination? I guess the fact they potentially would have to split it multiple ways if others win?

I don't mess with the lotto much, but with odds being 1 in 292million, what keeps a current billionaire from buying one of each number combination? I guess the fact they potentially would have to split it multiple ways if others win?

The system is setup so that it would take days to fill out and process the cards to get every number. So there would not be enough time unless you had a very sophisticated system to do it.

This article explains why it wouldn't work pretty well. http://www.cnbc.com/id/49981575

Would be weird and kinda awesome to walk away with about $700mill from that 1.3B.... But we all know a 26yr old living on sunset can't win

Just do the sticker in carbon if you don't like it you can just change it.

BTW the air duct on that Zonda looks ridiculous, as in bad ridiculous.

Hopefully it lasts long enough for me to buy a ticket in 9 days. No lotto in Hawaii.

As a non-US resident I have literately just agreed a deal for someone to buy me my tickets for me.

How I would spend it? Easy

I would also pay for Wheel's sex change so he can have the sexuality he mentally aligns himself with.

Hello everyone,

As I am sure many of you know, the Powerball has been hitting some insane numbers lately with the last drawing for $700,000,000.00ish million. Despite only having a 17% chance of rolling over it did. Many sources are now saying that this Wednesday's drawing will be for $1,300,000,000.00. I play for the hell of it, someone has to win and $5.00-$10.00 is worth the fun of thinking about all of the "what if"s. I always find it humorous to find every redneck in KY spending the last of their savings on such poor odds. Is it wrong that I find that funny? Maybe, but I always find it interesting to see what people would spend it on. One classy gentlemen on the news said he would spend it on cocaine and hookers, so I am curious to know you all would spend the money on? I would have a massive collection of cars to accompany my Murcie. I'll list a few for grins: 1985 Countach, 1929 Duesenberg, Aventador SV roadster, Mercedes Benz 6x6, etc. I would have an airplane collection (aside from a jet) including a P51, Staggerwing, (fund finding) a JU-87 Stuka, etc. However, given I have had the good luck to have plenty of success I can't say I would change too much and would continue doing what I do now.

Cheers,

RobberBaron

I've always subscribed to the "you win $2 every time you don't play" mentality so I limit myself to 1-2 large jackpots per year.

I'm in a group buy with some of the cars and coffee guys here in Columbus. We have the same attitude as RobberBaron; it is inexpensive fun. The chances of winning are essentially zero but we will have about 80 chances to win as a group. I've heard about company pools with thousands of tickets and notarized spreadsheets tracking who bought in, etc.

Not to be a party pooper but if you want the total truth, I believe in Karma. When one gains, one must also give especially when such a substantial sum is gained. So a good portion will surely go to legitimate charity and health researches. Helping relatives who are financially-challenged would likely be next. Investments are obvious. As to toys, buy a place or places so all the toys can be properly stored first; then comes the toys. Cars, of course, are high on the list. (Not a lottery player though...)

$800 million+ cash value.....SHIT. That's serious FU money right there.

I like how all the people on TV say "Hire a good money manager and financial advisor". fcuk that. Those people don't know shit and always embezzle the funds and get you involved in bad investments.

I have no idea what I would buy. I'm at an age where big houses and flashy cars are not that attractive. I'm more about living life. I'd probably buy a modest $10MM-$15MM private jet and do lots of travel. Other than that I can't think of much.

You would have to buy a house in a secure gated community or secure condo building to minimize people knocking on your door with their hand out I would assume. No way you could live on a public street. Your doorbell would be wringing every 5 minutes.

Easy for me. Money is going in investments so that it continues to grow. Charitable foundation would be started. College would be funded for my boys and for my nieces/nephews. I would buy a jet so that the family and I could travel anywhere at anytime. Our Hong Kong vacation was amazing and the thought of doing that to anywhere at anytime to see cultural sites is mind blowing.

Then I would think about quitting my job to start a company revolving around shipping container living.

If I won that much money, I'd buy/build a nice house in all the countries that I have to visit for family reasons.

Then the usual toys of course...perhaps buy a share in Pagani, even. Start landbanking for the future.

...and go looking for sasquatch.

Pay some bills :icon_mrgreen:

J/K

I'd spend it all on dirt!

The only time I get butterflies in my stomach is when I buy a good parcel of dirt, I used to get them when I bought a nice car but that's not happening anymore :(

Having said that I will never win because I never play.

Having said that I will never win because I never play.

If I won, I would pay Fortis a lot of money to design a house for me. Isn't that like winning? :icon_mrgreen:

Here's how I'll spend my money:

$500 million taxes (because you must always pay the tax man)

$100 million goes into savings and not to be touched

$25 million for a private jet (A Bombardier Global 6000)

$100 on personal and family stuff (cars, houses, trips, ect)

$100 million on investments and building business

$100 million on building hospitals and schools

$50 million creating my own charities for combat veterans, feeding the hungry, and getting people access to good health care (since most charities are scams)

If I won, I would pay Fortis a lot of money to design a house for me. Isn't that like winning? :icon_mrgreen:

Thank you but you don't have to pay me just draw a big box with a flat roof :lol2: