Powerball Hitting The Big "B"

Rawr

Why not create anonymous LLCs to claim a large sum of money instead of using yourself?

I believe it depends on your state. Some states won't let you stay anonymous and others will. That being said, I don't think you can claim it through LLCs.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought some tickets through a website that allows international purchases (I live in Toronto).

Part of me would be scared shitless to win that much money. It is almost too much money to get in such a manner. Your face would be plastered over every newspaper and news channel. Your life would be dissected. People would come out of the wood work looking for a handout. A good security detail would be one of my first purchases.

I'd spend it and spread the wealth to my family and certain friends. Certain charities would also benefit as I'd set up a family foundation.

Personally though, I think my social life would take a hit for the first while until the BS dies down.

I bought some tickets through a website that allows international purchases (I live in Toronto).

Part of me would be scared shitless to win that much money. It is almost too much money to get in such a manner. Your face would be plastered over every newspaper and news channel. Your life would be dissected. People would come out of the wood work looking for a handout. A good security detail would be one of my first purchases.

I'd spend it and spread the wealth to my family and certain friends. Certain charities would also benefit as I'd set up a family foundation.

Personally though, I think my social life would take a hit for the first while until the BS dies down.

I thought about that. Security. I'd want bodyguards for my wife and kids and sister's family and my parents.

Why not create anonymous LLCs to claim a large sum of money instead of using yourself?

Logic would tell me that the LLC would have to be formed prior to purchasing the ticket, use company funds to purchase the ticket, then what effect does that have on taxation?

The smartest thing you could do is lay low, but it's nearly impossible to hide deep 9 figure (after tax) money. I would give it a hell of a shot, but inevitably there would be Pagani sightings, and the third or fourth time the neighbors hear me arguing with the pilot on where to land the Agusta, they might start to get suspicious.

After which point I would be the first lottery winner to buy/build a building... something technically qualified as a highrise, and put my name on the top of that SOB. Emanon Towers has a nice ring to it. :icon_mrgreen:

is it legit? what's the site. :eusa_shhh:

Unless they quickly send out the tickets before the drawings the chances of obtaining a winning billion dollar ticket after the fact is probably about the same odds as hitting the lottery in the first place.

Unless they quickly send out the tickets before the drawings the chances of obtaining a winning billion dollar ticket after the fact is probably about the same odds as hitting the lottery in the first place.

What the site does is allows you to choose numbers, then they purchase them. They buy the ticket with those numbers and then scan the ticket and post it to your account.

I used Congalotto.com. I found it simply through google. I read a bunch on the site and reviews, and it seems legit. Though, it isn't like I will make it a habit of using the site. If it wasn't for the this draw and the last, I'd never bother.

I thought about that. Security. I'd want bodyguards for my wife and kids and sister's family and my parents.

MONACO

BODYGUARDS ™

GLOBAL SECURITY & INTELLIGENCE SERVICE™

Sorry I couldn't resist. :icon_mrgreen:

I believe you can have a law firm set up a trust and claim your winnings in the name of the turst, and not your names. At least in Ohio I know that's how people do that. Years ago, a winning 80Million dollar ticket was sold at the Univ of Cincy grocery store. No one came forward for weeks. Then a law firm out of Cleveland came forward and claimed the winnings. More then likely a student with smart parents.

Years ago, a winning 80Million dollar ticket was sold at the Univ of Cincy grocery store.

That's about the only thing won in Cincinnati in recent memory. Long live the Bungals!!! (Sorry, couldn't resist :icon_thumleft: )

That's about the only thing won in Cincinnati in recent memory. Long live the Bungals!!! (Sorry, couldn't resist :icon_thumleft: )

Well played sir......well played.... :icon_thumleft: :rant:

Would you tell your family you won the whole thing? Meaning would you use some other excuse (a big raise, stocks, etc) or would you say you won, but less?

I just can't see 800mil being healthy no matter how close you are.

Would you tell your family you won the whole thing? Meaning would you use some other excuse (a big raise, stocks, etc) or would you say you won, but less?

No way, just tell them some long lost uncle from bumfuckistan sent you an email, you replied, and he sent you a dump truck full of cash. :thefinger:

No way, just tell them some long lost uncle from bumfuckistan sent you an email, you replied, and he sent you a dump truck full of cash. :thefinger:

Our favorite uncle from Nigeria is a fcuking asshole!!

I believe you can have a law firm set up a trust and claim your winnings in the name of the turst, and not your names. At least in Ohio I know that's how people do that. Years ago, a winning 80Million dollar ticket was sold at the Univ of Cincy grocery store. No one came forward for weeks. Then a law firm out of Cleveland came forward and claimed the winnings. More then likely a student with smart parents.

:iamwithstupid:

I believe Romandad gave the same advice to start a trust on a lottery thread awhile back. If you look at the list of winners for Powerball or Megamillions, you will see a lot of individuals listed as well as a few trusts.

After which point I would be the first lottery winner to buy/build a building... something technically qualified as a highrise, and put my name on the top of that SOB. Emanon Towers has a nice ring to it. :icon_mrgreen:

If you want your name published so big, it makes me wonder why you choose username that is literally "noname" backwards.

I would do the ex-pat thing until my 15 minutes of fame blew over.

You want to be invisible, just move overseas.

Obviously not an option for everyone.....but for the single, gotta do it.

You can move to Singapore and not feel so bad that you're spending $500k for a new Maserati. :icon_thumleft:

The only thing I can think of that would be productive is to just buy a sports team if investing in real estate was too much to deal with.

NFL teams are all over a billion, but maybe you could go third or half.

If I ever was a multi-billionaire, owning an NFL team would be the goal.

The only thing I can think of that would be productive is to just buy a sports team if investing in real estate was too much to deal with.

NFL teams are all over a billion, but maybe you could go third or half.

If I ever was a multi-billionaire, owning an NFL team would be the goal.

I thought about the same. After taxes and cash option, you're left with probably $800 mil? Not really sure to be honest, but you can buy some of the lower 15 NBA/NHL/MLB teams for that much.

Although I would love to have $1 billion, in a sense, I'd feel maybe a bit undserving to win that much. Like the drive and hunger to make a fortune would be all gone as it was just handed to me. On the other hand, there are other goals in life I'd love to pursue, so I wouldn't be empty as a person at all, I'd just pursue those other goals, so I'm not saying I'd be miserable either :)

My main problem would be dealing with the crazy-ass members of my family who might try suing me and all that.

I would do the ex-pat thing until my 15 minutes of fame blew over.

You want to be invisible, just move overseas.

Obviously not an option for everyone.....but for the single, gotta do it.

You can move to Singapore and not feel so bad that you're spending $500k for a new Maserati. :icon_thumleft:

The trouble with Singapore is that it's too small. Someone would likely find you if they wanted to. :icon_mrgreen:

Thank you but you don't have to pay me just draw a big box with a flat roof :lol2:

How does this look? I know it might be a bit vague, but I think it gives a little idea of what I'm going for.....

fortis_house.jpg