Powerball Hitting The Big "B"

Rawr

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would do the ex-pat thing until my 15 minutes of fame blew over.

You want to be invisible, just move overseas.

Obviously not an option for everyone.....but for the single, gotta do it.

You can move to Singapore and not feel so bad that you're spending $500k for a new Maserati. :icon_thumleft:

No way, you move to Singapore you will feel poor :lol2:

How does this look? I know it might be a bit vague, but I think it gives a little idea of what I'm going for.....

fortis_house.jpg

Few adjustments, no windows next to the door, lose the bodykitted Aventador and go for the Holy Trinity + a nice Veyron, the rest is good!

Few adjustments, no windows next to the door, lose the bodykitted Aventador and go for the Holy Trinity + a nice Veyron, the rest is good!

I just laughed entirely too hard. Thank you! :lol2: :icon_thumleft:

I thought about the same. After taxes and cash option, you're left with probably $800 mil? Not really sure to be honest, but you can buy some of the lower 15 NBA/NHL/MLB teams for that much.

The cash option on the powerball is like $800-$900 million. After taxes and such you are probably down around the $500-$600 million payout range.....how anybody would survive with just that is beyond me....

I find ridiculous the fact that you guys have to pay tax on winnings.

Why do you think they even allow the Lotto?

Why do you think they even allow the Lotto?

I know lottery is a very profitable voluntary tax but I still find it ludicrous that you can not claim any loses or expenses but you are due to pay when you win.

First I would set up some trusts for my children and some close family members. I would have portions deposited into Roth IRA's for my children so they have retirement accounts. I would also set it up to where they could only take out so much money over a certain period of time so no stupid spending. I would educate them on how to make their money grow.

I would take care of some close friends in the same way. I have a great group of friends that would never expect it. They would be the ones that would really enjoy it.

Next I would place some large investments in Mastercard, Visa, Google, Apple, and Microsoft.

I would create a foundation for donating money to parents with children with disabilities.

I would go and get my pilots license and purchase a jet and start to travel.

Of course I would enjoy many awesome toys along the way, but most of all I would enjoy my friends with those toys!

My main problem would be dealing with the crazy-ass members of my family who might try suing me and all that.

Everyone.

Read the above.

Let that sink in for a bit.

Wheels, yes wheels has crazy family members. fcuking hell. Can you imagine?

Everyone.

Read the above.

Let that sink in for a bit.

Wheels, yes wheels has crazy family members. fcuking hell. Can you imagine?

:icon_butt::icon_butt::icon_butt::icon_butt:

Dang. I would try to stay as low key as possible until I knew what I really wanted.

But for sure I would sit on the floor of every big NBA event. That's the first thing I would do and only thing I want to do ( feels like I'm contradicting myself a bit here).

Then I would try to do some good with it.

That's about it. I'm obviously not expecting to win this thing LOL.

Wheels. Maybe you should try suing first. Let them know who the man is !

How does this look? I know it might be a bit vague, but I think it gives a little idea of what I'm going for.....

fortis_house.jpg

Doc_K, in designing your home, "May the Fortis be with you."

If I won, I would buy the houses on both sides of Allan.............

You're giving one of them to Wheels, right?! :icon_mrgreen:

So gents the day is potentially here. Any other bright ideas on what to do with more money than anyone'll ever need? Buy an SV and

Buy out all the seats at your most hated sport team and have them play in an empty arena?

Go to the moon?

Oh I am going to win despite the odds. Already have a deposit down on a brand new Gulfstream G650.

:icon_mrgreen: Love how many people genuinely think they will win (not on the forum, but the general public).