Tesla Summon Feature picking me up in the rain...

FikseSTS

just straight with some slight turns, more capabilities in the future.... would be pretty cool to have the car drop you off and go find a spot.... but more likely to come pick you up form the parking lot first....

Does it only work in the straight line? Or can it exit a stop, navigate a parking lot and arrive at the destination?

Very cool none the less.

just straight with some slight turns, more capabilities in the future.... would be pretty cool to have the car drop you off and go find a spot.... but more likely to come pick you up form the parking lot first....

Give it 12 months........that is next. Have you tried the perpendicular parking, it is more incredible than the summon feature. I spent last evening in the parking lot trying it with all kinds of odd and strange angles and it nailed the spot every single time. Put it right between the white lines. This would really be bad for all of those crappy parking pictures on a lot of the car forums. Lol

Is it able to back into a space OR pull in nose first? Scotty - when you were trying it - how were you parking (nose or tail in first?)

And are you outside the car, or inside while it's parking?

my demo:

it won't park in between lines for me, just between objects....

Is it able to back into a space OR pull in nose first? Scotty - when you were trying it - how were you parking (nose or tail in first?)

Is it able to back into a space OR pull in nose first?
Back in, like any sensible person would park :icon_mrgreen:

You have to sit in the car for now.

it won't park in between lines for me, just between objects....
I think Scotty meant between the lines between two cars, i.e. not askew or over to one side. It currently needs the objects.

It backs in and was in the car. I think that is the only way right now.

Cool tech and it would only get better.

But it begs the question: how would insurance settle if the car scratches/hits another vehicle or person during the Summon?

Would Tesla owners have a different insurance clause in their policy?