Play Boy mansion for sale... but a twist

TeeTruss

So the Famous Play Boy mansion is for sale 200mill... But the twist... Heff gets to live there till he dies.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/0...llion/78621932/

Is he about to die, and wants to sell off the house to get the money to give away? pass down? what would the reasons for this be?..... if I bought said house, can I give him rules.. lights off at 11pm, no TV during dinner?

I guess the bank accounts are empty because Playboy has not been particularly relevant for quite a few years. So he is trying to still cash in on the cache (if any still exists) and pay for his lifestyle for what ever time he has left.

As for the price. Being in Australia I'm obviously removed from the LA property market. But based on what the property is (not accounting for any playboy goodwill value), this place is overpriced to the tune of around 3x based on what I can glean from Zillow and other places Ive looked. Would that be a fair assessment?

I saw that some LA realtors said that a realistic price is 80-90 million.

Having been there, I think that is way over priced as well. The whole place is a tear down.

Didn't Playboy announce lately that the magazine wont do full nudes anymore.

Maybe the old man did cave in at the end after 5 decades of pressure...

If he bought the house for 1million and it's on sale for 200, who is going to pay?

Having been there, I think that is way over priced as well. The whole place is a tear down.

I've heard the same. Would be badass to win he lotto and refurb the place into a fun house.

I've heard the same. Would be badass to win he lotto and refurb the place into a fun house.

My girlfriend and i were discussing this last night. The reality is (IMO) anyone who could afford to overpay that much and not receive the house for untold years would likely be rich enough to live a life that is so awesome that it would make the playboy lifestyle seem mundane. I.e. Superyachts, better houses, hotter prostitutes etc. So i can't see it selling under these terms or for that price.

My girlfriend and i were discussing this last night. The reality is (IMO) anyone who could afford to overpay that much and not receive the house for untold years would likely be rich enough to live a life that is so awesome that it would make the playboy lifestyle seem mundane. I.e. Superyachts, better houses, hotter prostitutes etc. So i can't see it selling under these terms or for that price.

Oh yes. I'm talking about picking it up at market value not 200mm

Oh yes. I'm talking about picking it up at market value not 200mm

It's a tear down. The land is worth $60 - $80m minus the cost to re-mediate the site. God knows what bio hazards are lurking there. Could be an EPA superfund site.

If I had $200mil to spare...I would be banging more chicks he ever will in his age. If i won the 1.3b lotto im buying my own freakin island and building my house on there with my own personal race track. why would i wanna live in a house filled with white stains and probably stink too.

If I had $200mil to spare...I would be banging more chicks he ever will in his age. If i won the 1.3b lotto im buying my own freakin island and building my house on there with my own personal race track. why would i wanna live in a house filled with white stains and probably stink too.

Turn on a black light at your peril.....

Some hookers on Instagram were saying it's falling apart and still has the original carpet.

Guys,

I sell properties in town over here, and just across the way on Charing Cross there's a property that just listed directly across from Heff-quarters for $32.5M. Being sold for land value with 94k SF of land. Values here are absurd to be quite honest, but even in the multifamily space where I mainly play, investors are paying upwards of $1M per unit, like a deal that close a year or so ago in Brentwood. Heff won't see his $200M price, but someone will buy that land and do something epic.

• 4 months later...
I 've never heard of the guy, but he's 32? wow, good on him.

His Dad is a billionaire investor (his company owns Hostess among others) who gave this kid and his brother the Pabst (beer) company to run.

Their dad is trying to make it look like they are doing something productive with their lives (and his $$$).

I was at the mansion yesterday to get a friend. It is falling apart. The Greystone Mansion is about as old and it is taking a lot to keep it standing.