Valet joyride results in Aventador fire in Miami

Another Aventador video on fire caused by over revving at the light, I see a pattern with these fires all are at the same area of the car!

It's simple. Don't rev the car when stationary.

1000% agreed hate when owners do that, but on a serious note there seems to be a design flaw that maybe needs addressing.

1000% agreed hate when owners do that, but on a serious note there seems to be a design flaw that maybe needs addressing.

Yea I agree, having just purchased an Aventador this is scary for sure.

I think the lesson to learn here is do not change/modify the stock exhaust (I assume this was the case)...

Also I read somewhere that all these fires are starting in that area because of a fuel vapour line is located there (or something along those lines).

I think the answer here is to only ever give the valet your frkn airbag key...

If I can't park it, I go elsewhere. I have some great restaurants/stores that are very happy to accommodate this and will even cone areas off if they know I'm landing.

I think the answer here is to only ever give the valet your frkn airbag key...

If I can't park it, I go elsewhere. I have some great restaurants/stores that are very happy to accommodate this and will even cone areas off if they know I'm landing.

:iamwithstupid:

I would never let them drive it, I just tell them that my insurance doesn't cover them, that usually gets rid of them very easily!

I wouldn't let them drive it either lol. Little punk arse fuckwit will get what he deserves..

Makes you wonder how this one did not catch fire!!??!?!?!

In that area there is an air line to the fuel tank to allow the tank to 'breath' while fuel is pulled from it so the tank isn't pulled vacuum and created pressure.

With the standard exhaust and the correct heat shielding there is no problem at all I've been told, but with a custom exhaust you have to be careful not to rev the Aventador to extremes standing still.

IIRC that is the location of the oil cooler. No fresh air flowing into the cooling system as a result of high revs and nearly 0 mph airflow, results in one hot v12 and one hot cooler.

IIRC that is the location of the oil cooler. No fresh air flowing into the cooling system as a result of high revs and nearly 0 mph airflow, results in one hot v12 and one hot cooler.

:iamwithstupid:

Bingo. The design i'm sure isn't able to cool the temps it sees that when under normal operating tolerances it would have a minimum amount of air moving from the speed it was at. So sitting and revving the piss out of it, is in simple terms, "Going to break shit."

Are Gallardos and Huracans freed of this potential dangerous set up since their exhaust tips are split wide to the sides versus AV exhaust tips located directly beneath the oil cooler?

I wouldn't let them drive it either lol. Little punk arse fuckwit will get what he deserves..

Makes you wonder how this one did not catch fire!!??!?!?!

That video is my friends car, not a normal exhaust setup. He literally had some charcoal in a box in the exhaust somehow. Normal ones dont' shoot that out the back as far. He did that to win a rev contest, lol.

That happened in front of my office. I heard the car reving excessively and dismissed it as maybe a rental/tourist of some sort. When I went outside there was nearly 100 people staring, laughing, and taking pics. You could clearly see all the people that wanted nothing more then the worst to come of it.

Are Gallardos and Huracans freed of this potential dangerous set up since their exhaust tips are split wide to the sides versus AV exhaust tips located directly beneath the oil cooler?

The heat in general or just exhaust placement?

Some of the earlier Gallardos if i recall had an issue, (someone correct me if i'm wrong) i know the Murcielago's did with their catalytic converters as well.

The heat in general or just exhaust placement?

Some of the earlier Gallardos if i recall had an issue, (someone correct me if i'm wrong) i know the Murcielago's did with their catalytic converters as well.

Early Gallardos had a power steering line recall that could cause fires.

Not really. It's absolutely horrible to rev anything over 3.0L for an extended period of time, the thermal output starts to get exponential. You start to rain hell upon a lot of various components when not in motion and producing heat.

To give you an idea of how hot it gets on the back of the cars, I had to push a Murci that died a few years ago and ended up burning my arms on the upper part of the trunk lid (had scars for 6 months +). The back of the Aventador is HOT and if it's able to shoot fire out, that's just a catalyst for the plastics to catch on fire.

This shouldn't be an issue at all when the car is moving as air coming through the cooling system will 1. keep rear plastics' temperature down and 2. have airflow to prevent the exhaust fire from traveling upward through the vents (and catching fire).

It's not good for the motor to rev repeatedly for awhile.

Also, the water temps shoot up big time after some time.

And now for some cars you gotta worry about a fire.

We've all been there before, but besides looking like a young punk, these are the real risks you run doing this stuff.