WGF Ocala, My Results... And A Transformation...

svoshop

So, where do you start with a post like this... I think some background.

I have had my car for about 1.5 years. Bought it brand new, off the floor at Lamborghini Atlanta. I was, and is... a 2014 560-2 Anniversario. One of about 25 in the US, and the LAST manual car that will ever be made by Lamborghini. The car was everything that you would expect it to be. Beautiful, fast, engaging, and of course... A show stopper. I had no prior experience with Lambo, other than a few R8 V10's. And although, they are the same type of car, I really never researched modifying that car. I would pull the exhaust valve, and add some custom wheels, but that was it.

Once I got the Gallardo, it all changed. I showed up here, and noted the sponsors... One sponsor in particular... UGR. That of course led to research, that led to youtube, and that well... Led to phone calls and emails to Kevin. It was about 3 months of ownership, and maybe 500 miles, and I had an appointment to drop my car off at UGR. I was going to twin turbo my brand new car. What was I thinking crossed my mind about 5000 times. This car was 200k and I am going to void any and all warranty and have a company I never met, install a turbo kit that I have never seen, or felt, in a car that I just got a feel for. YES, That pretty much sums it up.

I took the car myself. With my wife riding shotgun. We went to UGR and noticed one thing. These guys are professional. Not only were there 60 of my cars brothers and sisters, but the shop was clean, the people were happy to talk, and the attention to detail was amazing. It was the longest four weeks of my life. Kevin would send me pictures, email me updates, and explain what was taking place. But my garage spot was empty, I missed the car, and could not wait to get it back.

So, we were a bolt on. Nothing more, just a very nice, rear wheel drive bolt on. The car was amazing. It did everything I thought it would do, but it did it 100X better than I ever expected. It was by far the most fun I have ever had with a car in my life at that point. The perfect drivers car.

And like anything else, I wanted more...

I had driven the car about 500 more miles. And the time had come. I had run the car in Ocala WGF 2015. Ran 180mph as a bolt on. But could not help but envy Grant, and Bob's car making passes in the 220's. Now, I knew I wasn't ready for that... But I was ready to go faster. After talking with Kevin, and setting up a game plan. We were back to UGR. With 60 new brother and sister cars waiting to meet us. Same friendly faces, same professional setting... But this time, the engine was coming out. We were gonna be a big dog, or so I thought ;)

We decided on Stage 3 with race heads. Upgraded clutch, and go AWD. I really wanted to stay 2WD, but with the power it would make, and the events I wanted to do, we needed to do it. It was a safety measure. So, that is what we did... Two very long months, a lot of engine pictures, and some chat between Kevin and I, and she was back... I take back saying bolt on is the perfect street car. Stage 3 is the perfect street car. The clutch was effortless, the car had way more torque, and the exhaust, well... It was louder and more aggressive. This car was an animal. We did some events, started running just under 200 MPH...

And like anything else, I wanted more...

So, some emails with Kevin and KC. A game plan, an appointment, and a promise from Kevin to get me over 200 MPH in the half. We were back at UGR. Full Race Mode now. Nothing too crazy, just a custom built 1R. All the transmission goodies, all the differential goodies, and a Tilton clutch. Now, I will not disclose what was done to my car on a forum. I will also not say what the car puts down or how much boost I run. But I will say it makes more than the listed numbers, and maybe I am not 100% a 1R, but we will call it that, and just say it's a beast.

I picked up my car from UGR in an ice storm. Two days before race time in Ocala, at WGF 2016... One year later.

I had no seat time, and Saturday was cold. 40 degrees, 20 mph winds, and NOBODY had traction. Yet, on a low boost setting we made 198 a few times, spinning the whole damn track. I knew I had an animal on my hands. And was so excited to have my car back at Ocala.

Sunday came, and the sun was out. I let KC know that I wanted to run Kill mode. My max boost in gears 3-6. He loaded my tune, and off I went. Well, the track was a little too cold yet, and letting off about 4 times, we trapped 198.88 - So we knew, 200 was going to happen... This is where it gets awesome... John Reed and KC both wrote custom tunes for me, changing the boost in different gears to help me get traction down. With all the RACE CARS there, they still made time for me. Pulling logs, and writing files, I was loaded up with some tunes to try...

Waiting for the track to warm seemed to take forever, but as fate would have it. I lined up next to my wife. Yes, my wife, she was there racing out modified 991 TT. I broke my 200 mark against her... It happened. The custom map allowed me to keep the boost low in the lower gears 1-4 and turn it up just slightly in the higher ones... I ran a 200.36 and it felt good. But lets be very real here, this car had a lot more in it.

I went back on kill mode. Full boost, and like always, I spun the whole track. As I came back around, I saw there was no line to race. So we hot lapped it. The tires were warm now, and taking off nice and slow, making sure we had a good mark to follow, we ran a 205.XX !!!! The car still spun some, and the track conditions were terrible. But we got our goal and called it a day. Would the car go 210, your damn right it would. Would it go even more, my bet is yes... So look out future half mile events. We are coming with one fast manual. Some seat time, and better conditions will help this car a ton.

And HUGE thanks to Kevin, KC, John, Tim, and everyone at UGR. The car is more than I ever thought it would be. I am back in love with this car. I can not wait to get some warm weather and more events... I can not express how blown away I am with UGR every time I talk to Kevin or have upgrades done. There simply is no better shop to have your Lamborghini modified with.

Sorry for the long read... ( I'll post some pictures a little later )

Mike

Awesome read! It looks like a gang of mod bugs decided to attack you after that bolt-on kit was equipped. :icon_mrgreen:

If you had to do it all over again would you go straight to the 1R build?

Looking forward to the pictures!

Nice meeting you this weekend man. Both cars looked and performed great.

I know the feeling of finally cracking off that 200. I ran 199 in 3 consecutive events before cracking the big 200.

I was blown away by the car when i looked it over. Then I noticed it was a manual and i fell in love. Awesome car and congrats on the 200

incredible story, Mike. congrats on the 205 pass. its been fun watching you inch closer and closer to the goal. time for some new ones!!! you and the missus sure seem to have a blast. looking forward to seeing you guys again at WGF in georgia...

incredible story, Mike. congrats on the 205 pass. its been fun watching you inch closer and closer to the goal. time for some new ones!!! you and the missus sure seem to have a blast. looking forward to seeing you guys again at WGF in georgia...

She was funny there... I kept asking if she wanted to run. I guess I assumed that she would wear down and lose interest...

She kept saying yea! I really was fun to race her, and get the 200 on that run...

I actually came around her on the return lane and put my window down and showed her two fingers!

Mike

Nice meeting you this weekend man. Both cars looked and performed great.

I know the feeling of finally cracking off that 200. I ran 199 in 3 consecutive events before cracking the big 200.

I was blown away by the car when i looked it over. Then I noticed it was a manual and i fell in love. Awesome car and congrats on the 200

Your car was amazing... Love the wheels!

Mike

She was funny there... I kept asking if she wanted to run. I guess I assumed that she would wear down and lose interest...

She kept saying yea! I really was fun to race her, and get the 200 on that run...

I actually came around her on the return lane and put my window down and showed her two fingers!

Mike

thats awesome. My wife ran my old car a few times. Even smoked me in cicios old TT R8

Mike that post reminded me of broke back mtn!

Just kidding. You crazy animal. Cold asphalt and you wanted kill in all gears lolololol.

Asphalt and 1300+ hp is hard to make work when it's cold but so awesome you went 205. Bad ass car man.

Tell Kevin you need that Panther tune.

Mike that post reminded me of broke back mtn!

Just kidding. You crazy animal. Cold asphalt and you wanted kill in all gears lolololol.

Asphalt and 1300+ hp is hard to make work when it's cold but so awesome you went 205. Bad ass car man.

Tell Kevin you need that Panther tune.

Wasn't that a true story written about you and Coco??

Lol!! Thanks man.

I met several of you last year in Ocala and its always the same story:

1-UGR is exceeding expectations

2-Everyone is having a great time driving these TT cars

3-Everyone wants to go faster and UGR always gets upgrades, lol

4-Very rarely do TT owners sell their cars and get anything but another TT car within 6 months, lol.

Congrats guys and I'm glad everyone was safe!

I met several of you last year in Ocala and its always the same story:

1-UGR is exceeding expectations

2-Everyone is having a great time driving these TT cars

3-Everyone wants to go faster and UGR always gets upgrades, lol

4-Very rarely do TT owners sell their cars and get anything but another TT car within 6 months, lol.

Congrats guys and I'm glad everyone was safe!

This speaks volumes about the tuner.

Congrats Mike! Awesome man... you gotta love rowing the gears with the higher power the car now makes.

Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences ...

It was an interesting and educational read ...

Clearly, you're having the time of your life with the car ...

Congrats on going north of 200 ... We look forward to you breaking 220 ...

Yeah, we all know that's coming ...

Considering you went from a Bolt-on ... To a Stage 3 ... To a 1R ...

Looks like someone is addicted to speed ... UGR has a way of doing that ...