Interesting Murci's for Sale

Stimpy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gotten 2 bids that break the 200K mark. I don't think this would have been a 200K+ car a couple of years ago, do you?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Murcie...em=391429852275

I wonder what they have as a reserve.

I agree. I don't think it was a $200,000.00 car either, but seeing it hit those numbers (and hopefully keep going up) makes me smile.

Realize that car is at driving emotions....they always seem to be asking top dollar for any of their murci inventory and it seems they sit on cars for YEARS

Realize that car is at driving emotions....they always seem to be asking top dollar for any of their murci inventory and it seems they sit on cars for YEARS

Still interesting that it made it up to $215K with 3 bidders even if the dealer has a $2M reserve price.

Still interesting that it made it up to $215K with 3 bidders even if the dealer has a $2M reserve price.

Could be shill bidders.

Could be shill bidders.

I'd bet its as Assman commented - shill bidders. Driving Emotions has 2 Murci's I know of which were previously advertised for sale. 2008 Rosso Leto LP640 for sale by private party last year - $199,000. Now at Driving Emotions for $234,900. I called on that one for fun and was told they don't use a bank or a flooring line and own all of their inventory. The 2008 Rosso Leto has been in inventory for a year....and hasn't sold. The salesperson (or maybe owner) I spoke with didn't seem to care about how long they sit on the car...

Last July Lamborghini Houston had the 2009 LP640 for sale - black exterior and yellow/black interior. Price got down to +/-$209,000 and maybe a little less. Now its on Driving Emotions website for $249,900...

Could be shill bidders.

I'd bet its as Assman commented - shill bidders. Driving Emotions has 2 Murci's I know of which were previously advertised for sale. 2008 Rosso Leto LP640 for sale by private party last year - $199,000. Now at Driving Emotions for $234,900. I called on that one for fun and was told they don't use a bank or a flooring line and own all of their inventory. The 2008 Rosso Leto has been in inventory for a year....and hasn't sold. The salesperson (or maybe owner) I spoke with didn't seem to care about how long they sit on the car...

Last July Lamborghini Houston had the 2009 LP640 for sale - black exterior and yellow/black interior. Price got down to +/-$209,000 and maybe a little less. Now its on Driving Emotions website for $249,900...

You would think that Driving Emotions would at least give you top dollar on your trade in because of the premium pricing on their inventory...nope, they will offer you well below any other dealer. Very strange business model.

as i continue to search for a murci /lp , i learn that there are is a story for most. kind of frustrating. also not sure if miles are rolled back or what but just saw one that was allegedly driven 200 miles in 3 years.

will continue searching.

as i continue to search for a murci /lp , i learn that there are is a story for most. kind of frustrating. also not sure if miles are rolled back or what but just saw one that was allegedly driven 200 miles in 3 years.

will continue searching.

The mileage rollback is a real problem today with digital dashes as it was decades ago with the mechanical ones. If you do googles, you will find the equipment and instructions to change the mileage, and if they do it right, no public records will reveal the crime. Lots of it going on in the exotic car markets, not just the mini-van world.

The only thing you have to go on is a keen eye on the wear of the car and what makes sense.

200 miles in 3 years is hard to believe unless the owner literally bought it new just to stash away speculating on price rises. If he did that, but bought a run of the mill Murci (i.e. egear, non SV), that's either a stupid person or very suspicious.

When I got my car with 10.5K miles, I wondered if I could tell if it was a rollback. After doing a lot of DIY projects myself, I feel very confident now that not only was the 10K miles real, but they were clearly easy miles (not trashed on the track). To me the biggest indicator was when I took the brake rotors off to the paint them silver and the calipers yellow. Given the consistent amount of light corrosion on the rotors and the amount of wear on the rotor thickness, they clearly are the original rotors on the car. The wear wasn't more than normal for 10K miles, but not so little that they were clearly replaced with new ones. And there was zero cracking around the cross drilled holes which means this car hadn't been doing any track duty which cracks these rotors pretty easily. The owners manual even gives measurements for when the cracks are too long that you have to replace the rotors even though the thickness is ok.

That brake research and items in the rest of the car like suspension wear and pedal and interior wear gives me confidence that my car is legit, but it's pretty crazy that you have to rely on these clues to know if the mileage was real. It's a federal crime to tamper with the mileage, but just like the fool down here in Houston that drove his Veyron into the bay to get the insurance money, there's a lot of idiots that will do anything for a buck, but often like him they are sloppy and you can catch it.

• 1 month later...
Wow. Read up on it on another forum when I looked up ZHWBU16M93LA00671

That car has changed hands more than the times someone has changed their underwear. I know some don't care, personally that would creep the F outta me driving a car where a corpse was sitting on for 3 days... I mean the car was used as a damn coffin. Bad aura around it for me. I couldn't enjoy it even if someone gave it to me for free, that's just me and my opinion though!

Some interesting pics of that car from before and newspaper. The interior was re-dyed 2 times. From red/yellow to red/black, and all black now.

Makes me wanna BigMac with xtra cheese lolol

• 1 month later...

A rarely seen manual Murci up for sale on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Murcie...em=152156316505

Looks nice a dusty in the interior and engine compartment, but otherwise looks in good condition from what I can tell with the extremely low res pictures.

I can't tell if that's a dealer's showroom or some dude's man cave.

I'm thinking that's 67km and not miles, but it's still over 40K miles.

It will be interesting to see if it gets bids. The start is $150K but no idea on the reserve, and only 2 days to go.

• 6 months later...

How does someone get the interior to look that old in 17K miles???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Lamborghini-M...em=172485932810

I am guessing it was a rental, or a small family lived in it for the past 5 years.

Oh, wait, it's the dead rapper's Murci back on the market yet again! Those seats used to be red and yellow. Boy that car is cursed.

Update: It looks like this one sold a year ago at Mecum for $150K. Feel sorry for the buyer. It still had on its Forgiato wheels in that aution, but the interior and tail pipe give it away:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0115-206127/20...ini-murcielago/

Whomever had that car was not gentle to the interior.

I think rolling into/out of the seat will destroy the bolsters. Physical size might be playing a part too since the inside bolsters have some wear/stress. Also, this is nearly 15 year old leather, if not taken care of it will deteriorate quickly.

The notable part of that car for me is the use of Nitto 555R on the back. I've never seen them on a Murci, but they fit the AWD parameters.