Worlds quickest SUV, yea I got it... :)

FikseSTS

this car is making serious power, 5,600 pounds and will go well into the 11's.... :)

2016-Tesla-Model-X-P90D-Ludicrous-Deep-B

Looks very good in this photo, I've seen some rear shots and it looked terrible.

I will admit, when I saw the launch back in September, I was not really pleased with the looks of the front end. I thought the falcon wing doors might be slightly overkill. But after seeing three Model X this weekend and getting a chance to drive one in Sarasota, this vehicle is nothing but incredible. The Falcon door are a work of art. The seating and the design of the interior are fantastic. Because this thing weighs out so high, you can take that heavy vehicle tax credit. I am actually involved with the project to help get some car hauler trailers that will handle the added weight for their ranger program. This trailer design is actually going to be fantastic for Lamborghini owners. It will have a 102 inch width bed, and will be enclosed in a heavy vinyl enclosure along with a 7° ramp system. Think of the BMW transports out on the freeway, But this will be a one car trailer, Fantastic car Brooks.

I am curious, how practical are those rear doors? Are the issues opening them in confined spaces?

The performance appears to be phenomenal.

It's very difficult to see, but there is a second pivot in the door at the roofline. They don't just swing outward from the centerline of the vehicle, it's an up and out motion. I'm guessing the car can adjust this based on available space, but they aren't nearly as cumbersome as they look.

I saw one for the first time just yesterday and the doors are pretty fcuking slick in person. I was original under the impression it was a fixed door, the second pivot means it can probably open in a smaller space than a conventional rear SUV door.

yea, the door is "smart" has sensors, can open with a foot between cars....

It's very difficult to see, but there is a second pivot in the door at the roofline. They don't just swing outward from the centerline of the vehicle, it's an up and out motion. I'm guessing the car can adjust this based on available space, but they aren't nearly as cumbersome as they look.

I saw one for the first time just yesterday and the doors are pretty fcuking slick in person. I was original under the impression it was a fixed door, the second pivot means it can probably open in a smaller space than a conventional rear SUV door.