Child seat

f1v10

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone Installed a baby seat in the passenger seat in a murcie? Over the weekend I wanted to take my 18 month old in the car with me for a cruise but I didn't find the anchor point to secure the baby seat. The owners manual didn't have any information regarding this and I didn't have much luck finding it online either.

I know there's a possibility to install the child seat as there's an option to disable the passenger air bag and a picture of the seat against the door frame. Any input regarding this would be highly appreciated.

BTW the car is RHD.

Thanks again guys.

What year Murci? I had a 2009 and there is a section of the passenger seat that lifted out to expose some hooks. . Also on the right side of the dash, I believe there is a slot for your key to shut the airbag off. You may have to open the door to find that switch.

There should be two hooks where the seat back meets the seat. Also as Scotty said, when you open the passenger door there is a shut off switch for the airbag on the side of the dash

If you don't have the key for the airbag (it's not your ignition key), they are cheap and easy to buy, and all the same for all model years of the Murci. I think I paid $20 from one of the common vendors.

What's the law on infants in the front seat? Isn't there something about being a certain age before you can ride in a forward facing car seat? Or do you still face them to the rear even if the child seat is in the front seat?

What's the law on infants in the front seat? Isn't there something about being a certain age before you can ride in a forward facing car seat? Or do you still face them to the rear even if the child seat is in the front seat?

In a two seater car you can put an infant in the passenger seat. It's completely legal. I personally wouldn't put a rear facing in but a front facing with airbag disabled is fine.

To the OP. Unless your seats have been redone the OEM MURCIELAGO SEATS have a very obvious anchor point. Look at the seat and see the flap in part of the seat that supports your back. Lift it up and you'll see the two metal anchor points. That's it. The passenger airbag disable is in the side of the dash and accable by fully opening the passenger door. Look at the very side of the dash where the closed door covers it and you'll find he keyhole.

I had the older version of these seats which I used in the Diablo. Very nice seats, kids loved them and they extend right through the booster ages.

http://us.recaro-cs.com/child-seats-detail...ance-sport.html

Thanks guys. Mine is a 2004. I have the key to turn off the air bag and know where the slot is. I just can't seem to find the main anchor point for the child seat. Any pics please?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone Installed a baby seat in the passenger seat in a murcie? Over the weekend I wanted to take my 18 month old in the car with me for a cruise but I didn't find the anchor point to secure the baby seat. The owners manual didn't have any information regarding this and I didn't have much luck finding it online either.

I know there's a possibility to install the child seat as there's an option to disable the passenger air bag and a picture of the seat against the door frame. Any input regarding this would be highly appreciated.

BTW the car is RHD.

Thanks again guys.

[aDocScan__15_.pdf

Sorry about the crappy scans but hope this helps you, It is from an lp640 book but probably the same for all mercielago?

DocScan__12_.pdf

DocScan__13_.pdf

DocScan__14_.pdf

[aDocScan__15_.pdf

Sorry about the crappy scans but hope this helps you, It is from an lp640 book but probably the same for all mercielago?

Much appreciated for the info.looks like there is no tether point in the early ones.

Then just use the seat-belt tether design with the safety clip and you should be fine.

:iamwithstupid: This is what I do. The regular car seatbelt holds the child seat in place, with the anchor strap going under the headrest to the anchor on the bulkhead behind the seat. Easy to throw chair in and out. Nicely secure when it's in there. I would caution you to make sure you don't have crap like grit or anything sharp on the bottom of the child seat though, as it can mark up the Lambo's leather.

Congratulations! We just had our son last year, its a blast. Once he can see over the dash we are going out.

I have my first son coming in April, can not wait to have him ride around with me!

• 4 weeks later...
Also, I think there are anchor points behind the lower back pad (it comes off).

Behind the passenger seat just left of the seat belt on the carpeted panel is the top tether hook point. It is not centered with the seat.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my boy in the Murci at around 5 months. Took him along to use the parent child spaces at the supermarket !

DSC01844a.png

• 3 weeks later...
Behind the passenger seat just left of the seat belt on the carpeted panel is the top tether hook point. It is not centered with the seat.

On gen1 or lp640?

Here's my boy in the Murci at around 5 months. Took him along to use the parent child spaces at the supermarket !

DSC01844a.png

That's awesome. Did you hook the seat to the anchor point?

That's awesome. Did you hook the seat to the anchor point?

It may be just me, but it looks like he used the seatbelt.

It may be just me, but it looks like he used the seatbelt.

That's what it looks like. Don't see any straps apart from the seat belt.