Acceleration times for SV, TDF, 488 GTB, Turbo S

Smash Boy

has to be a misprint.... no way the Hellcat could possibly beat those cars to 186 MPH...

it's 2 seconds behind the Aventador to 124 MPH, then it's blows the doors off the aventador to 186 MPH?

Some interesting times.....predictable to an extent except for one:

Look at the winner of the 0-300 km/h.... :shock:

It doesn't seem believable at first but bare in mind that the hellcat has more torque than the rest, less downforce. At high speeds this may play a role where hp/tq is everything and light weight means very little.

Gearing is another one, and the hellcat might be at a disadvantage there. Traditionally the muscle uses those top gears as fuel saving /low rpm cruising overdrives than outright performance. It's why most muscle has that noticeable drop off around 120-130.

The acceleration figures are misleading somewhat because of awd /launch control playing a role. You do a race from 10-xxx, and the hellcat probably beats everything up to 120 mph or so.

Having said that the 0-150+ is usually the domain of the exotic, so I find it hard to believe the cat would be the fastest anyways, launch or not.

Fellippe has the explanation. Traction and weight are problems to 100. But less drag, more torque when you go to tall gear and revs drop.

I cant understand how they make it so cheaply, just saw the price in finland is over 160000€ but in america 60000$ :o

if you understand what being 2 seconds behind at 124 MPH looks like, then you will see there is no way possible the Hellcat could come back and pass the Aventador at 186 MPH..... it would literally make the Aventador look like a smart car as it passed by it....

in this video it care barely even hit 300, and takes 40 plus seconds to get there...

Fellippe has the explanation. Traction and weight are problems to 100. But less drag, more torque when you go to tall gear and revs drop.

I cant understand how they make it so cheaply, just saw the price in finland is over 160000€ but in america 60000$ :o

In my opinion, if you can eliminate traction problems completely, the Hellcat would beat all of the cars up to 120-130 then get passed up, and left for dead. That's from a dig, or 5-10 mph.

If you did a roll on race at other speeds, it would probably depend where in the power band you were accessing each car.

if you understand what being 2 seconds behind at 124 MPH looks like, then you will see there is no way possible the Hellcat could come back and pass the Aventador at 186 MPH..... it would literally make the Aventador look like a smart car as it passed by it....

in this video it care barely even hit 300, and takes 40 plus seconds to get there...

Fikse, I hear ya....it definitely sounds dubious given it wasn't much time transpired. I don't believe it went as fast as claimed.

This video by itself showed a lot about engine design and gearing.

I counted the gears.....it took 6 gears to get it into position to hit 185 (indicated). This is a car with the auto transmission which has 8 gears.....surely, 7th and 8th gear should have come up sooner if the intent was to make a car go as fast as possible up to it's indicated top speed. And it was only recently that domestic cars even had more than 6 speed transmissions, so surely those cars would be noticeably worse in these scenarios (pound for pound).

There are many reasons why we'll almost never seen a muscle car geared like an exotic -- needs that fuel economy for daily drivability, gearing is more important for the 1/4, low rpm cruise, etc.

Also, the hp/torque curve of a Hellcat and typical muscle motor shows its weakness here. The torque peaks around 4200-4500 rpm, and the redline is around 6000 rpm, which is not ideal for a top speed run. Once the car got past 130-140 mph, it lost a lot of steam due to the power curve and gearing.

Where a typical exotic feels "weak" down low, muscle definitely feels anemic "up top".

I remember my only time driving a Diablo and it just felt like it would pull forever. On normal roads you just had to shut it down because it got crazy. Wouldn't surprise me if the Diablo could beat the Hellcat to 185+.

hellcat 60-130 MPH times are in the 8 second range, the aventador and 488 will be in in the sub 7 second area, so the hellcat isn't pulling harder up top....

a hellcat on drag radials, dead hooking on a perfect pass runs 10.8 in the 1/4 mile at @ 128 MPH, still behind the exotics in this comparison...

In my opinion, if you can eliminate traction problems completely, the Hellcat would beat all of the cars up to 120-130 then get passed up, and left for dead. That's from a dig, or 5-10 mph.

Hows a 488 beat the Sv to 200kmh but get smoked in every other figure?

Apparently, for the 488 ... A "WHOLE LOT" happens (magic perhaps), between 100 kmh and 200 kmh ...

• 3 weeks later...
Same thing with the F12 vs LP750 between 200 kph-300 kph

RWD, lighter, and more powerful.

AWD & mid engine propel the Aventador off the line faster, and it can hold up for awhile.

But in gear, the F12 TDF should be faster.