Still in the Lambo family!

Chipster

Damn nice find!! Car looks mint and has some very tasteful upgrades. Congrats man!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn nice find!! Car looks mint and has some very tasteful upgrades. Congrats man!!

Thanks man! I think the only other thing that would have made this car perfect for me would be if it had the alcantara seat inserts. Still great as is though! I am debating blacking out the wheels though, or maybe at least the centers.

Thanks man! I think the only other thing that would have made this car perfect for me would be if it had the alcantara seat inserts. Still great as is though! I am debating blacking out the wheels though, or maybe at least the centers.

I had the same interior in my 04 and always wanted different seats too. Maybe a set of the SL sport seats might pop up for sale in the future , that would be a great upgrade for you ..imo

Satin Black on those centers would be sick!

I had the same interior in my 04 and always wanted different seats too. Maybe a set of the SL sport seats might pop up for sale in the future , that would be a great upgrade for you ..imo

Satin Black on those centers would be sick!

I would agree. But i'll give myself some time before making any decision.

Get a pair of carbon buckets SL seats.

So I've put a few hundred miles on it so far.

Looks

The Diablo obviously wins here for me and I will miss the vertical doors a little BUT a skittles color Gallardo definitely pops and the car looks great with the tasteful mods so there isn't a loser in this category really. G seems to get just as much attention and picture takers but I'm sure the bright orange VS white has an effect. The one complaint I have, and it's not a big deal, but the rear wing on the G sits lower and in the rear view mirror, visibility is not great. You can see the tops and bottoms of cars behind you but the wing blocks out the rest. In the Diablo, the wing height was perfect to where you could clearly see behind you. A G with a wing that tall however, would look terrible IMO, so it's just something you have to accept.

Driving

Any car 14 years newer is going to feel much improved but the G rides great, feels newer, feels tighter, etc. The power is more immediate and crisp. Very easy to drive. I don't really notice the AWD but it does feel very planted in turns and traction feels good when getting on the throttle. So I'm sure I would notice a difference if I drove a RWD G. MPG is night and day, not that I've checked but I filled up the other day and put about 130 miles on it and it's still close to full. Diablo would have been at half a tank lol. Really enjoy driving it and feel like I can take it out more like a normal car.

Interior

The black with orange stitching is awesome. The suede headliner and especially the steering wheel, I LOVE. If it had the seat inserts too, it would be perfect. Love the toggle switches on the center console. Am able to do Bluetooth with the Pioneer head unit, but I think that's aftermarket. All the buttons and features are pretty intuitive and the front lift is handy. Seating position and shifter are all great too.

Sound

The G with the RSC exhaust sounds great and more F1 than the Diablo. The Fabspeed on the Diablo was honestly too loud for me to enjoy for anything more than a short drive. But the Diablo was an event to drive and the exhaust worked with that feel. Very happy with the G sound.

Mechanics

The biggest difference so far is the clutch. Diablo was very firm, to the point where the ball of your foot wold actually get sore in heavy traffic. G clutch feels fairly light and took some getting used to. Also, going back to a 6 speed over the 5 speed has felt odd. Sometimes I want to go all the way to 6th but realize it's completely unnecessary unless I'm on the interstate. It's nice to be able to lock the doors too lol. I got so used to constantly keeping an eye on my gauges in the Diablo that I find myself still doing it with the G. A spirited run from a stop light in the Diablo or heavy traffic would definitely show a change in water temp and oil temp, but the G seems solid.

Overall, I will miss the iconic feel and looks of the Diablo but the G essentially does everything better otherwise. That being said, I'm sure a manual LP 640 would make me feel otherwise.

looks great, congrats! you could go with the STS wing, it sits above your line of sight out the rear and you can see perfectly under it....

looks great, congrats! you could go with the STS wing, it sits above your line of sight out the rear and you can see perfectly under it....

That is true, I didn't think about the STS. I mean it's really not a big deal, just different.

So I've put a few hundred miles on it so far.

Nice writeup Chipster. I am about to embark upon a similar transition and not without some trepidation!

I think most would agree that Diablo is not good if it's your only fun car. If I could afford to have kept it and bought something else, then 100% I would have. I'm pretty confident already that I made a good decision. I also think it's going to do pretty well value wise in the future. I would have been more hesitant on an egear Gallardo though

Congrats! You did good Chipster. Diablo is definitely more exotic looking of the two, but not an easy car to live with. The G is definitely more user friendly and your's is nicely modded as well. Is it too late to sell me your front lift system before the Diablo ships out ;) ...kidding. But you wouldn't happen to know the maker would you?

Congrats! You did good Chipster. Diablo is definitely more exotic looking of the two, but not an easy car to live with. The G is definitely more user friendly and your's is nicely modded as well. Is it too late to sell me your front lift system before the Diablo ships out ;) ...kidding. But you wouldn't happen to know the maker would you?

I actually have no idea but I want to say one of the prior owners of the car was the one who did it and he is a member on here. Not sure if he still logs in. It was a good lift albeit noisy. I think his username was Ray something