New styling director.

LSHG

Press Release

Mitja Borkert is the new Director of Centro Stile Lamborghini

Sant’#### Bolognese, 1 March 2016 – Automobili Lamborghini has appointed Mitja Borkert as the new Director of its Centro Stile (design center), starting from 4 April 2016.

In his new role Mr. Borkert is responsible for the design of future Lamborghini models and the coordination of the design team, reporting to Maurizio Reggiani, Board Member for Research and Development. He succeeds Filippo Perini, who was appointed Design Director of Italdesign.

Borkert is German, aged 42, and attended the Design University of Pforzheim where he graduated in Transportation Design. In 1999, he began work at Style Porsche, in Weissach, holding various positions, including General Manager Advanced Design until 2014, when he was appointed Director of Exterior Design.

He contributed to the development of several Porsche models (Panamera Sport Turismo, Porsche Boxster 987 facelift, Cayenne, Macan, Mission e).

post-145008-1456844913_thumb.jpg

423848.pdf

post-145008-1456844974_thumb.jpg

When it comes to "styling" ...

I've always preferred Lambo over Porsche ...

Given that, I'm not sure this is a good thing ...

Hmmm ... I guess we'll see ...

Noooo not a Porsche guy! He's responsible for designing the Panamera. This isn't good :(

This guy better prove me wrong!

He will probably be able to keep Lamborghini's tradition alive. I hope.

I like Perini, great guy. I think this is a bad move. The new guy appears to be talented in other areas, uniformity, less controversial, etc. it may work for Porsche, but will it work for Lamborghini? Time will tell.

I like Perini, great guy. I think this is a bad move. The new guy appears to be talented in other areas, uniformity, less controversial, etc. it may work for Porsche, but will it work for Lamborghini? Time will tell.

Agreed. This may lead to an era with at best milder changes and softening of the lines of the venerable Lambos....

Noooo not a Porsche guy! He's responsible for designing the Panamera. This isn't good :(

No he is not. He designed a concept built upon the panamera and it was amazing. Suitably aggressive as it needs to be for a Porsche that is not a two seater.

All of his Porsche designs are smooth with suitable dramatic creasing here and there. I love everyone of his designs so I am excited to see what happens when they give him a double espresso laced with LSD.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This should be good, prospect of fresh clean flowing lines.

I pretty much dislike 90% of the designs which came from Porsche so I am not holding my breath, lets hope he doesn't get rid of the origami.

I thought the same but when I googled Panamera Sport Turismo I thought it looked pretty awesome in comparison to the Panamera that we know. Anyway I hope he doesn't fcuk it up!!

• 5 weeks later...
Germans were always famous for design and Italians for quality right...

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

that is exactly how I feel..... :eusa_wall:

You can't judge his designs with Porsches as to what he will be asked to do for Lamborghini. Apples to oranges.

I hope you're right.

Unfortunately, a good number of Porsche body styles look more like a 1/2 apple sitting on top of an orange.

You can't judge his designs with Porsches as to what he will be asked to do for Lamborghini. Apples to oranges.

Yes, too quick to judge, maybe he left specifically to do wild stuff.

Germans were always famous for design and Italians for quality right...

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Heard of Dieter Rams, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe or Bauhaus?

Italians have great back catalog in car styling but I would not count against certain germans either.

Some new ideas other than combining hegagons might do wonders.