Porsche Worse Than Ferrari

szabo_martin

Vip is US only and put together to sell the 918's that were not preselling here. A 918 owner must keep his car 3 years and in return gets 10 years of Vip. I'm sure Porsche hates the program now but needed it to sell 918's. Otherwise, it would have been another CGT where dealers were losing money to get rid of the last of them.

As such, Porsche USA does feel a bit like Ferrari right now.

I find it sad what happened to the GT3 (RS). This car was made for purists who love to drive (really drive) and now it has become a toy for investors.

People who loved to track or liked the hardcore set up got the car since it was relatively affordable and really bang for buck (compared to the Ferrari Stradale/Scuderia and othes).

The 997.1 GT3 (RS) was reasonably priced as well, things started to change with the 997.2. And it went completely wrong with the new 991 GT3 (RS). No idea why, perhaps because of the PDK and the total package of the car. The GT3 and the GTS are/were the most exciting cars out there.

People who bought a new 997.2 GT3 a few years ago are selling them for the same price they bought them, with +30k miles on them.

Nope - have many friends in the program.

La_Brit is correct - If the owner of the 918 owns the car for at least six months to three years, they receive three years of the VIP program. If they own it for more than three years, they receive the full ten years of being in the VIP program, which is pretty incredible. If the orginal owner sell the 918 at any time, the VIP programs is not transferrable to the new owner.

La_Brit is correct - If the owner of the 918 owns the car for at least six months to three years, they receive three years of the VIP program. If they own it for more than three years, they receive the full ten years of being in the VIP program, which is pretty incredible. If the orginal owner sell the 918 at any time, the VIP programs is not transferrable to the new owner.

We're talking about Europe. I guess they have it there but it's different than the US one. The Euro owners are mad because they are not getting 911r's

We're talking about Europe. I guess they have it there but it's different than the US one. The Euro owners are mad because they are not getting 911r's

My bad, I missed that part. But yeah, US is the only one that offers that VIP program to 918 owners.

• 2 weeks later...
My bad, I missed that part. But yeah, US is the only one that offers that VIP program to 918 owners.

Nope.

To beat a dead horse a bit, I'm assuming this means regardless IF they sell they stay in the program (for either 3 years or 10 years). So even if their 918 is sold after 3.5 years, say, then they get to stay in the VIP program for the remaining 6.5 years?

I am completely dumbfounded by the fact that sellers are getting over sticker for the 918s. You could talk to the right people at Porsche and get a new 918 at sticker TODAY. So easy to get wrapped up in the hype . . .

I am completely dumbfounded by the fact that sellers are getting over sticker for the 918s. You could talk to the right people at Porsche and get a new 918 at sticker TODAY. So easy to get wrapped up in the hype . . .

Do you have proof of this?

Come on man...

I guess it's St. Patrick's Day... Are you drunk?

The last one produced/ending the 918 last June.... Iirc

How does this work for Salomondrin? Sold a 918(after selling all the VIP type cars) and bought a 918 WEISSACH.

How does this work for Salomondrin? Sold a 918(after selling all the VIP type cars) and bought a 918 WEISSACH.

Buying "used" from secondary dealers?

He bought it used. To my understanding there was atleast two owners before.

Do you have proof of this?

He's not wrong. Half the 918s in the country are owned by Dealers-and not by the owner of the dealer. Porsche N/A can force the sale of these cars at sticker. These cars legally are required to be on showroom floors for six months after delivery. A few of the more shrewed dealers went 50/50 with their best customers on 918's so they could sell them over sticker. Dealers that didn't do this have to sell the car at MSRP, usually through Porsche N/A.

LA_Brit is also correct about the VIP program.

Alejandro is good PR for porsche, he's going to be VIP in perpetuity.

He mentions c&c was asking $3mm, I wonder what it finally sold for?

Well considering the original two guys who owned the car wanted way less than 2MM to actually sell it.....

The 918 Market above 1.5m is literally bullshit lol.