Replacement Rotor Discs for early Murci / Diablo 6.0

sulley

So the story goes I need new rotors on my 6.0.

However, I don't fancy throwing away good hats and paying squillions for a whole new set ... shipped to Aus it comes out excessively expensive.

So the original Brembo brakes (4 pot with 355x32 discs) are two piece and were obviously made in two pieces for a reason to replace the rotors independent of the hat.

So I've been looking a while ... and came across these ...

http://www.girodisc.com/Girodisc-355mm-x-3...ing_p_6580.html

Simple question ... has anyone actually tried a Girodisc on their Brembo hat?

I don't want to ship them all the way here and find out they don't fit.

I've already asked in the Diablo forum ... but everyone seems obsessed with upgrading to the 380mm big kit ... which I'm not interested in doing. I want to keep the original wheels and brakes.

Your thoughts appreciate gents!

However, I don't fancy throwing away good hats and paying squillions for a whole new set ... shipped to Aus it comes out excessively expensive.

So the original Brembo brakes (4 pot with 355x32 discs) are two piece and were obviously made in two pieces for a reason to replace the rotors independent of the hat.

I've already asked in the Diablo forum ... but everyone seems obsessed with upgrading to the 380mm big kit ... which I'm not interested in doing. I want to keep the original wheels and brakes.

IIRC, that is a replacement for the Brembo GT 355/32mm brake disk. It uses a different bolt spacing then the 6.0 brake kit (which is proprietary).

If your looking for a cheaper set, Racing brake makes (made?) a swappable set of rotors for much cheaper in the front.

I tried to fit the Giro disc rotors to my 2003 Murci brembi hats and they do not fit. I ended buying a set of hats from giro disc.

I tried to fit the Giro disc rotors to my 2003 Murci brembi hats and they do not fit. I ended buying a set of hats from giro disc.

Good to know thx

And guys ... GiroDisc vs StopTech? Or is the the same thing pretty much? I note GiroDisc don't do drilled only slotted? Any reason ... whereas StopTech do all.

Good to know thx

And guys ... GiroDisc vs StopTech? Or is the the same thing pretty much? I note GiroDisc don't do drilled only slotted? Any reason ... whereas StopTech do all.

Drilled is just for show thesedays. That's probably why. Plus they crack at the holes under heavy use.

The chicks really dig the holes though.

Girodisc use to sold drilled and slotted. No issues with cracking the set I had. They looked good and weighed less.

I would just buy replacement disc rings from stop tech or complete rotors with hats from girodisc who is normally a good deal.

Girodisc use to sold drilled and slotted. No issues with cracking the set I had. They looked good and weighed less.

I would just buy replacement disc rings from stop tech or complete rotors with hats from girodisc who is normally a good deal.

Yeah ... it's just by the time I've done the exchange rate (USD - AUD) and then shipping (another AUD$500) ... it's not such a good deal anymore ... in fact it's quite painful. Hence it annoys me to have to dispose of a perfectly good Brembo hat 'cos they aren't supplying rotor rings.