Rhyno's new house

rhyno

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can hook you up with tile that won't fall off. My old company used to do it all the time including by some of the largest all glass tile pools in the world.

Either way your pool is going to be awesome!

Thank you for the offer. My last pool was tiled and its a huge cost to do that style again. I'm doing a simple steel walled pool with a liner. I'm sure nobody will complain when it's full of water :)

Thank you for the offer. My last pool was tiled and its a huge cost to do that style again. I'm doing a simple steel walled pool with a liner. I'm sure nobody will complain when it's full of water :)

I'm sure with the view and location no one will give a second thought or look to whether the pool it tile or not. What ever you do will be tasteful I bet.

The whole house looks great and I am very jealous.

Pool equipment has arrived and the steel walls for the pool.....

P1040456.JPG

P1040457.JPG

Attached garage floor has been poured....

P1040453.JPG

:icon_super: House is looking great. I can't wait to see the garage finished and all your amazing cars in there. Gonna need some professional photos

That pool is in the perfect spot to have an infinity edge and maybe a waterfall down the retaining wall.

This.

As long as the pool is rectangular, an automatic pool cover would still work.

We are designing our new home, had a garage turntable specced in, but they occupy a lot of room, they turn slowly, and of course if it breaks you've got some cars that are pretty tough to get out. We ended up deleting it.

Did you consider getting castors that car dealerships use?

That's beautiful Rhyno. How long until you expect the house will be ready for you to move in?

Should be done by end of August. I did have a slight issue with my hardwood, the flooring I want is on back order and the earliest I can see it is mid August. I'm thinking about getting a different type of hardwood so it doesn't delay the build.

The hardwood I choose was Hallmark organic 567 Chai

Here are a few pics of some wood timbers that will be used in my house. The first picture is wood beams that are over 100 years old, they came from the historic Keremeos hotel that burnt to the ground two years ago. I'm really happy that some of the wood was saved from this hotel and it's history will live on. My wet bar will be framed in with these timbers...

IMG_4389.JPG

IMG_4388.JPG

IMG_4387.JPG

are you pouring concrete around/against those walls/shutters? I've never seen that system being used in pool construction.

The view is just spectacular.

Yes the concrete gets poured like a footing below and around the outside of the steel walls. this is how a steel walled/vinyl lined pool gets constructed in Canada. They will also pour some type of concrete in the bottom of the pool that has an R value to help retain heat, this concrete is softer then normal for safety of people jumping into the pool

Yes the concrete gets poured like a footing below and around the outside of the steel walls. this is how a steel walled/vinyl lined pool gets constructed in Canada.

Interesting. Will be cool to see if come together. Very different than how we do it here in the desert!

The carpenter has started building the cabinetry in the mud room....

P1040489.JPG

Guest bedroom closets have been built.....

P1040490.JPG

are you pouring concrete around/against those walls/shutters? I've never seen that system being used in pool construction.

The view is just spectacular.

I have never seen that style of pool construction either. How many gallons will it hold?

Great view.

Yes, this is the common practice on in-ground pool construction here. Some will add a poly membrane either outside or inside or both for further insulation but it's not mandatory by code.

Coming along really really nice rhyno. I hope our crazy weather this year is not throwing a wrench into the system for the construction. Can't wait to see it in real.