Rhyno's new house

rhyno

wow this is insane! congrats brother!

looking forward to the updates and I'm in for the LP meet! mine is 80% done and ill post pics

when completed :icon_thumleft:

I hope you start a build thread!!!! This could be the new thing for LP :)

I'm really interested to see what style your building

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right now I have a contract with Quails Gate winery so they are using my grapes in there wines! There Riesling ice wine came from my property last year :)

Very cool! I'll make sure to give it a try if I see it here. ;)

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Another house build thread!!! :D That lot is absolutely incredible and I can't wait to see all the progress pictures; thanks for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Rigid foam insulation has been installed, then radon rock, packed down and ready for foundation pour....

P1030630.JPG

Foundation poured....

P1030642.jpg

View of the house looking south towards the detached garage....

P1030645.JPG

Starting to back frame the walls....

P1030651.JPG

No joke with rhyno. Snow or no snow the house will be built - keep up the great progress!

No kidding, this thing is gonna be up in no time haha

The snow put me about a month behind in December and January. I have a long driveway with a decent angle so no big trucks would drive down it. They feared that they would get stuck lol

Rhyno is there are reason why you haven't continued the concrete wall of the detached garage and used timber on the upper section?

Great progress, the weather looks horrible can't imagine working in those conditions :shock:

The garage walls will get back framed and insulated. Since the concrete will be hidden there was no reason to keep it all at the same height. Saved some money this way.

The snow and cold really does slow down the progress.

The house is much further in the build then I have shown, I'm just so busy it makes it hard to upload new progress pics for you guys!

Looking great, congrats again!

Everyone's complaining about the weather :rolleyes: :eusa_wall: :crybaby2: . No doubt December and January were bad, as expected; but it actually looks kind of "nice" by the local standard. :icon_mrgreen: This really is not bad at all. Full steam ahead.

The garage walls will get back framed and insulated. Since the concrete will be hidden there was no reason to keep it all at the same height. Saved some money this way.

The snow and cold really does slow down the progress.

The house is much further in the build then I have shown, I'm just so busy it makes it hard to upload new progress pics for you guys!

I see, thank you for the explanation, seeing the photos below it makes sense.

Take your time with the photos, I know it can be a bit of a PITA to be always there for them.

Looking great, congrats again!

Everyone's complaining about the weather :rolleyes: :eusa_wall: :crybaby2: . No doubt December and January were bad, as expected; but it actually looks kind of "nice" by the local standard. :icon_mrgreen: This really is not bad at all. Full steam ahead.

I would not be out in that weather :icon_mrgreen:

How much time do you have before the water in the concrete freezes? It doesn't look like fun.

I'm going from memory but I think they said it was 90% cured in about 12 hours and then the last 10% took a few days. They also had to tarp the foundation walls to help cure.

I'm going from memory but I think they said it was 90% cured in about 12 hours and then the last 10% took a few days. They also had to tarp the foundation walls to help cure.

If they didn't setup a tent and jet heater, it wasn't that cold.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

I just got some acoustic doors installed in my apartment - 40dB for all the bedrooms. These doors are HEAVY (110 pounds) and have double rubber gaskets. If you haven't looked into this, definitely do. I can basically have a party in one bedroom and not hear any noise in the other bedroom that's 10 yard away. It's freaking epic!

Also consider hiring a company that does acoustic work. Small things will make a huge difference in regards to how sound is blocked/absorbed.

http://www.soundproofingcompany.com/soundp...proofing-walls/

Lots of good articles about soundproofing and what needs to be done to achieve the desired results.