Rhyno's new house

rhyno

You know it would be cool to put a camera on a near by tree and record the progress. That way u can do a short film when ita done. Would be cool go see the rest of the house being done in a minute long movie sped up

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know it would be cool to put a camera on a near by tree and record the progress. That way u can do a short film when ita done. Would be cool go see the rest of the house being done in a minute long movie sped up

That would be cool and i did think about putting up a time lapse camera but I just don't have the extra time :(

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

I just got some acoustic doors installed in my apartment - 40dB for all the bedrooms. These doors are HEAVY (110 pounds) and have double rubber gaskets. If you haven't looked into this, definitely do. I can basically have a party in one bedroom and not hear any noise in the other bedroom that's 10 yard away. It's freaking epic!

Also consider hiring a company that does acoustic work. Small things will make a huge difference in regards to how sound is blocked/absorbed.

http://www.soundproofingcompany.com/soundp...proofing-walls/

Lots of good articles about soundproofing and what needs to be done to achieve the desired results.

Thank you for the tip! All the interior doors are "safe and sound" solid core doors made by Masonite

Looking great, congrats again!

Everyone's complaining about the weather :rolleyes: :eusa_wall: :crybaby2: . No doubt December and January were bad, as expected; but it actually looks kind of "nice" by the local standard. :icon_mrgreen: This really is not bad at all. Full steam ahead.

VCR is correct! We have had a very mild winter this year :)

How about curing time in concrete and getting it dry?

I hope there is not rockwoll put in these conditions. Will be bad mold problem later.

How about curing time in concrete and getting it dry?

I hope there is not rockwoll put in these conditions. Will be bad mold problem later.

Actually if you keep the concrete moist whole curing it stops it from cracking.

I just noticed that monster glulam beam, are you leaving that exposed? That is a serious piece of timber!

They are moving fast!

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure these pictures are old and he is just updating us slowly until it's caught up in this thread to the actual progress of the house.

There is no way there is still snow in Kelowna .

I just noticed that monster glulam beam, are you leaving that exposed? That is a serious piece of timber!

YES!!!! With the glulam beam I didn't need any metal support poles to hold up the roof. So I have a huge garage with easy access throughout :)

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure these pictures are old and he is just updating us slowly until it's caught up in this thread to the actual progress of the house.

There is no way there is still snow in Kelowna .

That is correct! I thought I said earlier that I'm ahead of the pictures I'm posting. Today is supposed to be 26*C and we have broken lots of warm weather records in the last couple months!!!!

Progress is moving crazy fast right now :)

That is correct! I thought I said earlier that I'm ahead of the pictures I'm posting. Today is supposed to be 26*C and we have broken lots of warm weather records in the last couple months!!!!

Progress is moving crazy fast right now :)

Forget the building, lets talk about how that affects the wine?! Ups the alcohol level normally but are your vines ok with heat?

Forget the building, lets talk about how that affects the wine?! Ups the alcohol level normally but are your vines ok with heat?

Bud break is happening right now and is about 3 weeks earlier than normal. The vines are fine with heat, anything above 35*C and then they shut down and go into protection mode. The big thing we have to watch out for is if we get a cold snap, we could get frost damage and that could kill the vines. The last few years BC has had amazing growing seasons so the wines have really been improving!

Deck is being installed....

P1030779.JPG

P1030767.JPG

Front of the house is starting to take shape....

P1030781.JPG

The great room....

P1030787.JPG

Office on the left and front door on the right....

P1030785.JPG

The BIG garage trusses getting installed. You can start to see the shape of the garage now...I'm so excited for this garage :)

P1030808.JPG

P1030799.JPG

P1030805.JPG