FF on it's way.

Nuvolari612

FF is hideous. There's a reason they're cheap and it's not just because the new slightly less ugly model has been released.

Eye of the beholder I guess. It appeals to many and I get tons of compliments. Just finished a 600 mile road trip in the FF with the wife and 14yo daughter. A great road car. Does 90% of what the F12 does and is a more comfortable freeway cruiser in any weather. I love mine, but I have a history of ugly cars (LFA)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally love the car. With a set of wheels, it is awesome. I didn't love it at first, but it grew on me quickly and is one I really like now. Good looking color on that car too. Congrats on the purchase!

Thanks.

It's a different look from Ferrari to offer performance from a people mover.

Triple paint Rossa Fuoco sealed the deal tough to photograph.

Original owner went a little crazy leather boot with full size spare.

post-213219-1458394262.jpg

I don't lie so honest with what?

I love how you proclaim to "own 1 million square foot of commercial real estate and am richer than you" yet are shitting yourself about the value of your CGT and SV that hasn't even arrived. Get out and drive your cars, get off the keyboard you old fart and stop worrying about what people think about you and your latest crappy purchase. Grow a pair. :dumbass:

I don't lie so honest with what?

I love how you proclaim to "own 1 million square foot of commercial real estate and am richer than you" yet are shitting yourself about the value of your CGT and SV that hasn't even arrived. Get out and drive your cars, get off the keyboard you old fart and stop worrying about what people think about you and your latest crappy purchase. Grow a pair. :dumbass:

whatever

It's a public forum so if one makes a post, one must expect comments of all sort be they cheers or jeers. It's often been said here --- so long as you have thick skin, you'll do ok. For jeers, some may be polite and diplomatic about it while others prefer the in-your-face type of straight-forwardness. There is no right or wrong. Can't take criticism, don't post.

As for the FF. Was enthusiastic about it; so much so that I was the first guy in my town to test drive one. Nice car but the heft is obvious; perhaps too obvious for a modern F-car. Took a long serious look at the car and could not get over its resemblance to a stretched BMW Z3 coupe. :icon_mrgreen: So decided not to defect from the Lamborghini camp. I haven't checked their current prices but I don't doubt that they are a good deal now. Maybe I'll take a look at the face-lifted version. A good friend had a FF and traded it in for a Huracan. :P It did take a long time for the FF to be resold.

It's a public forum so if one makes a post, one must expect comments of all sort be they cheers or jeers. It's often been said here --- so long as you have thick skin, you'll do ok. For jeers, some may be polite and diplomatic about it while others prefer the in-your-face type of straight-forwardness. There is no right or wrong. Can't take criticism, don't post.

As for the FF. Was enthusiastic about it; so much so that I was the first guy in my town to test drive one. Nice car but the heft is obvious; perhaps too obvious for a modern F-car. Took a long serious look at the car and could not get over its resemblance of a stretched BMW Z3. :icon_mrgreen: So decided not to defect from the Lamborghini camp. I haven't checked their current prices but I don't doubt that they are a good deal now. Maybe I'll take a look at the face-lifted version. A good friend had a FF and traded it in for a Huracan :P It did take a long while for the FF to be resold.

FF's are not for everyone - got the memo.

It's so cool you were the first to drive one in your town - five years ago.

I have never owned a Lamborghini - I am the first one getting a SV roadster in my town isn't that just awesome sauce.

Tell me another 4 seater that goes over 200 and is faster than a 458 - looking forward to seeing what really competes with the FF vs a two seater Huracan and a stretched Z3.

Thin skinned ... not at all but thanks for the Hallmark moment.

It's so cool you were the first to drive one in your town - five years ago.

I have never owned a Lamborghini - I am the first one getting a SV roadster in my town isn't that just awesome sauce.

Tell me another 4 seater that goes over 200 and is faster than a 458 - looking forward to seeing what really competes with the FF vs a two seater Huracan and a stretched Z3.

Has it been 5 years already since my test drive? Don't keep track of the release dates of F-cars but I just checked the review I posted on the LP570. 2011, so you are correct. Hence its face-lift being imminent then.

Hope you will like your SV. Cool for being the first one although it does wear off after one had done it a few times and even if the cars are unique. The dealerships will love you for it though, obviously. It's a bit of a vicious cycle thing...

If you are hung up on academic figures, that's your prerogative. I, for one, would not want to drive at 200mph with the lives of 3 friends/relatives and mine in my hands, that is assuming such a road exists and the law allows such speed. But if that's your game, something as common as a stock Nissan GTR is just as fast if not faster than the FF on 0-60 and is only a few mph short on terminal velocity. It is a lot cheaper in price and, to be fair, in coachwork too yet it is just as roomy and comfy and it can also be a beater. But it also reflects any comparison being moot. Each of us buys the car(s) that best suits our individual needs and wants. Everyone has his own special ride and is proud of it. But when one wishes to share --- as afore-said --- just be ready to accept all the accolades and criticism.

As for the rest, it was a general comment; but it now certainly seems like a Q.E.D. thing.

Has it been 5 years already since my test drive? Don't keep track of the release dates of F-cars but I just checked the review I posted on the LP570. 2011, so you are correct. Hence its face-lift being imminent then.

Hope you will like your SV. Cool for being the first one although it does wear off after one had done it a few times. The dealerships will love you for it though, obviously. It's a bit of a vicious cycle thing...

Thanks.

Zero plans on selling any of the exotics - accumulate and enjoy.

Sold my 360C and 612 both of which I would like back so selling for me makes no sense.

The face lift is actually a new model - while it's similar the lines went from Pinafarina curves to straight lines and four lights which I do like and debating ordering one as it will be the last of the NA V12's.

I think the facelift FF looks very good, as for the FF it isn't a pretty car but it would make a fantastic DD, the Benz dealer was laughing when I measured the interior of the wagon C63 with the rear seats folded down, he asked me what I was trying to fit in, I told him I regularly drive to the hardware stores to pick things up if we need them in a hurry, he laughed saying, in this car? Of course, that's why it needs to be a wagon.

I should probably measure the inside of a FF, maybe put some roof racks on one :lol2:

I think the facelift FF looks very good, as for the FF it isn't a pretty car but it would make a fantastic DD, the Benz dealer was laughing when I measured the interior of the wagon C63 with the rear seats folded down, he asked me what I was trying to fit in, I told him I regularly drive to the hardware stores to pick things up if we need them in a hurry, he laughed saying, in this car? Of course, that's why it needs to be a wagon.

I should probably measure the inside of a FF, maybe put some roof racks on one :lol2:

When all is said and done, we both already knew what you really really want. :icon_mrgreen:

When all is said and done, we both already knew what you really really want. :icon_mrgreen:

5 seater I'd have one no doubt, to me all Ferraris are ugly, this at least is practical LOL.

Love the FF. At first I didn't like it, drove one and WOW the car is fast and spacious. To make the car appealing, a set of wheels, all around tint and that's all. Congrats

Looks are subjective - let's move on to what makes a car fantastic looks only go so far good bad or indifferent.

Owned a lot of cars as dd's - Mclaren Bentley SS Range Rover CL65 G55 S65 Cayenne etc. all 200 - 300k cars not one was better than the 612 so knowingly the FF is going to knock it out of the park.

I saw a TDF blue, yellow calipers and shields next to me on the highway yesterday. While I am not a huge fan, I have to say it did look MUCH better than in pics. Def another world away from the M coupe. I also am a huge fan of TDF Blue so that may have helped. Congrats on the pick up!

ok, have to bite on this one.... Hellcat, 911 turbo S.... :)

congrats on the FF!

I saw a TDF blue, yellow calipers and shields next to me on the highway yesterday. While I am not a huge fan, I have to say it did look MUCH better than in pics. Def another world away from the M coupe. I also am a huge fan of TDF Blue so that may have helped. Congrats on the pick up!

Thanks - almost grabbed a 2014 TDF 9500 miles - owner was a little misleading the one I grabbed was at a dealer so it made the decision easier.

ok, have to bite on this one.... Hellcat, 911 turbo S.... :)

congrats on the FF!

Thanks - have a track event coming will run it at the drag strip and post times.

I love the FF, always have, congrats and enjoy it, it's really fantastic. Great color

Appreciated - agree the color suits the car.

Bold interior though - hoping it's more tame in person.

awesome, send em my way if you don't mind... a friend of mine got an FF a couple months ago and I've been wanting to race him....

AWD, V12, DCT makes for a good combo...

Thanks - have a track event coming will run it at the drag strip and post times.

Inmo the FF looks like shit on the outside, but then again how are you going to make a station wagon look good? That being said, the interior is amazing and I bet it drives amazing. Im not rich enough to afford one yet.

I was unsure on the FF at first, the looks are not immediately pleasing, the thought of effectively two gearboxes in an Italian v12 makes me wince but... I drove one briefly and really loved the experience and the simplicity in the cabin still looks good today.

The warranty and service deals Ferrari offer are fantastic so as a gt car hard to ignore. The optional extras and prices make for fun reading.

I absolutely love the new version.

The 612 though. What a beauty. Again, another car people wrote off and dismissed as ugly but I would say last "modern" Ferrari that has old school elegant design. I reckon their prices in the next few years will go up.