Any tips to fix the side view mirrors

Allan-Herbie

Mine did the same, turns out it was the 3 nuts that hold it to the door were loose. Just tightened them up and it was an easy fix.

Thanks! Ill take a look at it.

From vibrating so much? My driver side is slightly annoying.

It is the entire side mirror assembly that is vibrating, or just the glass?

Anyone know how to safely remove the glass? On other cars, there's a slide bar at the bottom that unlocks it, but I can't see one on this car.

I got mine tightened a few times by the agent but after awhile gets loose again so now I just leave it be

I got mine tightened a few times by the agent but after awhile gets loose again so now I just leave it be

Tell them to use Loctite next time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Afternoon,

Just to finish this.

One of mine wobbled slightly - removing the triangular cover and tightening the three bolts may not fix it.

The internal metal structure of the mirror is an arm - with an elbow where it folds, with two prongs that slide through the bit fixed to the car - if that makes sense ?

These prongs bolt to a metal plate with 1 bolt per prong, and it is this plate that is bolted to the door with three bolts. If the bolts that hold the plate to the prongs have come loose no matter how much you tighten the 3 bolts on the door nothing will change.

You need to remove these three bolts and take the mirror off the car and tightening the two bolts holding the plate to the prongs.

Del