Door lock

djantlive

My door lock doesn't work on both driver and passenger sides.

The actuator does move in and out when the car is locking and unlocking. However, the latch doesn't do anything.

The rod connection from actuator is connected to the latch mechanism.

Any further advice?

Car is 91 Diablo.

I'm no help on the locks either. They had never worked for me and no one seemed to know why. I just never kept any valuables in the car while I was out if I parked somewhere. I had no concerns about the car being stolen because most don't know about the electronics shut off key.

I always wondered about replacing the door handles with the carbon versions and whether I'd be able to figure out what the issue was during that replacement process

Are you saying that the key fails to lock/actuate the locking mechanism in the button? Or are we talking about the door latch itself?

Or are you saying that you tore into the door and had a look at the underside of the mechanism? And that something is not connecting in there? Did you check the little ball joint underneath the button?

Take a look at my door parts write-up here: http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...c=75981&hl=

I opened the door card and AAA was able to put the door back to unlocked position.

The actuator rod has a clip that is now disconnected to the locking latch mechanism. The plastic clip has disintegrated. Anyone know where to get that? Is there a generic part I can use?

• 1 month later...

Installed new actuator and both actuators are clicking when I lock the car using the interior switch button. However, the door doesn't lock still.

Using the key, the door doesn't lock either. No sound either using the key. On passenger side, they key can't turn clockwise. It used to trigger the actuator.

I tried adjusting the door latch on the door sill. No dice.

• 5 years later...

Hi,

If all of the door locks are inoperative, start your diagnosis at the fuse box. Inspect the fuse that protects the door lock circuit to ensure it is not blown. Consult the fuse box placard or your owners manual for fuse designations and ratings. Operate each door lock switch in the vehicle to determine if the doors can be locked with any of the switches. If the doors lock with any one switch the most likely problem is a defective switch on the door that is inoperative. If all of the door lock switches are functional but one door fails to operate, the most likely problem is an open circuit in the circuit between the switch and solenoid or a defective solenoid in the affected door. You should listen to the affected door while energizing the door lock. If a click is heard but the lock did not engage, a problem with the door lock mechanism or linkage is the most likely cause.