Mad Max Fury Road

Redlambo

The movie SUCKED.

Mad Max: Fury Road was named one of the best films of 2015 by numerous critics and publications and was ranked first on Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes's best scored film of 2015.[135][136][137][138]

The film won many critical and guild awards, and received ten Academy Award nominations, including Best Picture and Best Director, the second most-nominated film of the 88th Academy Awards after The Revenant, also starring Hardy.[139] It is the first film of the Mad Max franchise to receive Academy Award recognition, and one of the few sequels to be nominated for Best Picture.[140] The film won six Academy Awards for Best Film Editing, Best Production Design, Best Costume Design, Best Makeup and Hairstyling, Best Sound Mixing and Best Sound Editing, surpassing all other films at the awards ceremony,[141] and broke the record for the most wins for an Australian film, breaking the previous record held by The Piano (1993) which won three Oscars.

I don't get it? IT SUCKED! :rant:

Lol, it was exactly what it was sold as, a Mad Max movie. The story was exactly a mad max story, the sets were cool, the filming and action were very well done. I'm not saying it was a great movie, but it fit into what it was supposed to be.

I posted the same exact review last summer or when ever it came out. My girl and I walked out it was so bad.

Lol, it was exactly what it was sold as, a Mad Max movie. The story was exactly a mad max story, the sets were cool, the filming and action were very well done. I'm not saying it was a great movie, but it fit into what it was supposed to be.

This may be true, but did it deserve to take 90% of the awards that night?

Truth be told, this is a very annoying Academy thing. Each year a film gets designated to dominate regardless of whether it deserves it in every category.

IT was exactly what it was sold as, a Mad Max movie. But damn it was shallow.

Story line: (WARNING GIVEAWAYS!)

Beginning:

People are thirsty -> waste all water into desert. Turn truck -> people go apeshit.

Middle part:

Lots of noise, wasting more water, burning gasoline, spray dental care, more gasoline burning, more noise, fire and irrelevant characters.

The End: some motorcycles, old witches and don't care to remember.

Well it was mad max of the movies, while being a movie about the mad max - if that makes sense while none of it made sense.

This may be true, but did it deserve to take 90% of the awards that night?

Truth be told, this is a very annoying Academy thing. Each year a film gets designated to dominate regardless of whether it deserves it in every category.

:iamwithstupid:

As a movie in general, it was, at best, meh. As part of the Mad Max franchise, it did the job on what it was set to do; if that makes any sense.

Well, there's a little more to the plot then that. Basically the plot is this, although not all of the following is made clear in the movie (WARNING: SPOILERS):

1) Earth runs out of resources

2) Global nuclear war

3) Australia destroyed and becomes radioactive wasteland

4) Oceans completely evaporate because of all the nuclear bombing (supposedly)

5) Colonel Joe Moore and his men, who are members of the Australian Army, find and take over control, via force, an aquifer.

6) Colonel Joe names himself "Immortan Joe" and becomes a big figure in the land, basically a king. Makes up a phony religion in which followers worship at the "Cult of V8" (the engine) and worship mechanical things. All believe Immortan Joe is immortal and that he will lead them to a glorious afterlife in Valhalla. Young boys in particular are taken into this and brainwashed to become Joe's mechanics/vehicle builders/soldiers.

7) Joe keeps some hot young women, basically a harem. He desires to produce a son via the harem as his two current sons are lacking in physicality (one is a midget) and intelligence (the other a mindless brute)

8) The harem decide to bolt as they do not want their children to become slaves to Joe and a woman who works for Joe helps them escape.

9) Joe finds out and gives chase.

10) Mad Max is meanwhile caught up in all of this as he was captured in the wasteland by Joe's men

The movie SUCKED.

I don't get it? IT SUCKED! :rant:

+1 what a streaming pile of dog $hit

As some trivia, the actor who plays Immortan Joe played a main character in a previous Mad Max movie.

As some trivia, the actor who plays Immortan Joe played a main character in a previous Mad Max movie.

Hugh Keays-Byrne, he played the Toecutter in the original Mad Max.

I liked it more than the Revenant. Also the fight scenes were well orchestrated.

It was very well done IMO for what it was, if you didn't like it, mostly you probably didn't like the admittedly absurd mad max franchise.

It was very well done IMO for what it was, if you didn't like it, mostly you probably didn't like the admittedly absurd mad max franchise.

I liked Mad Max and consider it a very good film especially considering it was filmed on a shoestring budget and it was an Australian film.

I loved Mad Max The Road Warrior and thought it was a great film.

I was indifferent about Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, in a nut shell I felt it was OK.

Mad Max Fury Road, SUCKED!

Tom Hardy barely grunted two sentences throughout the entire movie. There might have 7 pages of dialogue in the entire script. The only acceptable scene was when the girls came out of the truck. One of the worst movies I have ever seen. To say it sucked is an absurd understatement.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

We watched this with my mother who would always turn on "Mad Max" when it was on when I was a child. We sat through this piece of shit and then all looked at each other and said "what the hell was that?". There was no story. There was nothing interesting aside from the machines= but that can only take you so far.

And then it was nominated or won all types of awards.. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills over this one.. Thank you for reassuring me that I am indeed sane.

I suppose the dialogue could have been a bit deeper, there I said it. That being said; what's better than wilton silver food coloring spray to get high?!