Aventador chassis number 5000

APB

Not entirely sure about Lambo's S/N sequencing but assuming it follows the norm, that means on average about 100 Aventadors per month were made during the past 12months.

A bit OT but judging from the pic, I guess Geneva was Winkelmann's last hurrah as Lamborghini's CEO.

lots of Aventadors

lots of Huracans

lots of Urus SUVs soon, probably... unless the next recession ruins that one

mmh

while I'm happy for the factory... tell me... why should I desire one of them?

(every time I try to think of "what should/would I get after the 2008 SL?", I

am having a really hard time coming up with a satisfying answer... so help?)

:)

lots of Aventadors

lots of Huracans

lots of Urus SUVs soon, probably... unless the next recession ruins that one

mmh

while I'm happy for the factory... tell me... why should I desire one of them?

(every time I try to think of "what should/would I get after the 2008 SL?", I

am having a really hard time coming up with a satisfying answer... so help?)

:)

The question is, are you buying it for your or for someone else? If I love an object it does not bother me how many others own or can buy one, why would I deprive myself of the opportunity/privilege of owning what makes ME happy?

I a guessing they made more tubs.

Either way, I'd rather see a healthy Lambo than one in the rock and in the pits. I hope they stay true and dont get too carried away. This isn't a mass produced brand--at least keep a few of the cars "limited."

I a guessing they made more tubs.

Either way, I'd rather see a healthy Lambo than one in the rock and in the pits. I hope they stay true and dont get too carried away. This isn't a mass produced brand--at least keep a few of the cars "limited."

:iamwithstupid:

As long as they keep making extreme V12s all is well. You'd think people would be more excised about the fact that Lamborghini has doubled production and is doing extremely well on the business front. The olden days of the Countach and Diablo were pure business turmoil, with the company being passed around like hot cakes and no one being sure if the present model would be the "final" one. But now they're making exciting cars and making more of them. Sure, 5,000 Aventadors seems like a lot, but with near 7 billion people and over 1.3 billion cars on the road, they are still extremely rare. Add in only 1,100 SV's and they are even rarer. And to top it off, there's the super special editions with the Veneno's, Sesto's, and Centenario's. I think the over-saturation of available car media has jaded people's view on just how truly rare and special these cars are.

Keep up the great work Lambo :eusa_dance:

In all seriousness it shouldn't surprise anyone. The Aventador is an awesome machine and some guys are buying 2-3 of them, Lambo knocked it out of the park and it has no competitor in the marketplace.

The issue is that dealers have no clue what to do with the used ones. They are not selling. The bid/ask spread on them is huge. Those 2 factors is what always happens before significant depreciation begins. I am all for the factory and brand prospering but over production will undoubtedly hurt the secondary market (or make it more accessible depending on how you look at it).

The issue is that dealers have no clue what to do with the used ones. They are not selling. The bid/ask spread on them is huge. Those 2 factors is what always happens before significant depreciation begins. I am all for the factory and brand prospering but over production will undoubtedly hurt the secondary market (or make it more accessible depending on how you look at it).

Looking at history take the Testarossa for example and look what it's going for today.

If I knew more about Lamborghini models / prices my guess it's the same thing with their models.

Believe they will rebound even sooner when everything goes turbo in 2018.

When you look at RR Bentley etc they all decrease at least the exotic sports car hits a floor and then rebounds.

Anyone buying a 3 4 5 600k car that worries about what it will be worth when they sell won't ever enjoy their ownership.

Dealers will take the cream of the crop low miles driven to the country club - they are more than familiar with what to do.

Looking at history take the Testarossa for example and look what it's going for today.

If I knew more about Lamborghini models / prices my guess it's the same thing with their models.

Believe they will rebound even sooner when everything goes turbo in 2018.

When you look at RR Bentley etc they all decrease at least the exotic sorts car hits a floor and then rebounds.

Anyone buying a 3 4 5 600k car that worries about what it will be worth when they sell won't ever enjoy their ownership.

Aventador's are great cars but i would be very weary of depreciation on them unless it's the Anni. or SV.

If you're going into the purchase worying about depreciation on these cars, then you have no business buying them.

I wouldn't go THAT far. It is a great thing to be able to afford one of these and afford it new and be able to blink at loosing 200k in 2 years, but many people are not so fortunate.

Those people just want the experience. Usually they own for a year or two and move on.

Many of these cars after the first owner become kind of shared depreciation as each owner takes a little bit of depreciation with ownership. The occasional person will buy right and make some $ but you really can't bet on that.

If you're going into the purchase worying about depreciation on these cars, then you have no business buying them.

Agree - trouble going in is double trouble going out.

The other option is to lease with no worries - perfect for a doctor (no offense) type mentality.

I wouldn't go THAT far. It is a great thing to be able to afford one of these and afford it new and be able to blink at loosing 200k in 2 years, but many people are not so fortunate.

Those people just want the experience. Usually they own for a year or two and move on.

Many of these cars after the first owner become kind of shared depreciation as each owner takes a little bit of depreciation with ownership. The occasional person will buy right and make some $ but you really can't bet on that.

:iamwithstupid:

Ill get one when they are depreciated, and they will depreciate as a % worse than the Murcielago.

The fact that Aventadors have stayed as high as they have with such a high initial MSRP and that number of units is impressive. Still one of the best looking cars, ever.

There are few factors IMO some can afford the depreciation but they don't want to burn the dollars on principle and some who can't afford the depreciation but want to play and they stretch themselves to the max and bitch about it, honestly you have no business buying an unnecessary toy if you can not properly afford one, it would be the biggest financial mistake of your life, buy what you can afford and you will be a hell of a lot more comfortable. Not worrying about depreciation, dents, scratches, etc, etc, makes for a great relaxing experience.

There is a reason why some of these cars aren't doing well on the secondary market, don't really know the market there but I am assuming there is a small gap between used and new and with lots of cheap finance options or small equity injections buyers can easily bridge that gap, buyers who can't bridge the gap financially see no value in buying so close to new car prices they just wait for further depreciation.

There is no shame in being financially responsible, you will have a lot more fun when you are stress and care free.

honestly you have no business buying an unnecessary toy if you can not properly afford one

:iamwithstupid: True words of wisdom.