Manual Transmission Swap?

MW000

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afternoon,

As the new guy here asking silly questions....

What in the TOB fails ?

If the actually bearing itself - can that be replaced ?

If part of the housing - could a machine shop make it ?

It has to come in far less than the retail price. They are not an overly complex piece of equipment.

Del

Probably

Probably seals/bearings (it is hydraulic acting as the clutch slave)

Probably

But if you are paying someone to pull the engine, it's a big financial risk to try something else with the TOB. If you are doing the work yourself, it's more palatable to try, but will depend on how much you value your time to keep pulling the engine to experiment with less expensive alternatives to the TOB. Lambo know this, which is why they carefully priced the TOB in that range that's more than you want to pay, but less than the cost/effort of pulling the engine again.

• 2 years later...

Bringing an interesting thread back from the dead for the holiday season! To date, I still don't believe anyone has successfully converted an EGEAR LP640 to Manual.

JonV8944S and OzMurc - any updates here? Any success with the process?

@OzMurc , were you able to put everything together and "see what lights" came up on the dash when your car was started? Did you end up finding an ECU and GFU to use?

Say what you will about the entirety of the project, but if we isolated the aspects, I believe d.wiggs successfully converted to manual from egear. Again, isolated as a component, i believe it was accomplished.

1 hour ago, Destructo said:

Say what you will about the entirety of the project, but if we isolated the aspects, I believe d.wiggs successfully converted to manual from egear. Again, isolated as a component, i believe it was accomplished.

Wish we could know for sure! (Like a video of the car operating as manual before it was Frankenstein modded beyond repair.)