Trans am Bandit

LPDADDY

So who is getting one ? 840hp , i think it looks cool. Sorry cant post picture, my computer is acting up

So who is getting one ? 840hp , i think it looks cool. Sorry cant post picture, my computer is acting up

Do you mean the tribute car that's a Camaro essentially? Never thought I'd see the day ;)

Do you mean the tribute car that's a Camaro essentially? Never thought I'd see the day ;)

The car will have to be registered as a Camaro, no?

You can delete all the badges, but somehow it still has to be registered to a non Pontiac chassis.

What are they titled as?

Probably a base model V6 Camaro. This is nothing new. The same company has been producing Trans Am and GTO tribute cars for years. With their past models the buyer would provide the car or it could be sourced for them. This one just got more media attention than the others. It at least looks better than the Goat.

post-145816-1460339391.jpg

Any licensing issues using the Pontiac logo?

Looks like the have skirted the issue by making subtle adjustments. No GTO tags for instance. If you look close the Goat is actually a 6T9. :icon_mrgreen:

Shameful!!!

LOL, Whatever.....Yea I have #4. It was my sons idea, but I had a blast plannning the build. The T-Tops are incredible. Added a cam and Supercharger. I had 2 of the 77's a few years back, sold them at the high point, they drove like shit. Looked cool. Trans Am Depot does a special "Certificate of Origin" that titles it as a 2nd Stage Vehicle- Trans Am. They have a license for Trans Am but not Pontiac. Love the car, It gets as many looks as the lambo and hundreds of thumbs up by bikers, muscle car guys...etc.

post-15160-1460394132_thumb.jpg

post-15160-1460394142_thumb.jpg

post-15160-1460394153_thumb.jpg

post-15160-1460394207_thumb.jpg

post-15160-1460394244_thumb.jpg

post-15160-1460394267_thumb.jpg

Scotty, what about them drove like shit?

They use the Camaro chassis that is used on the Z28, ZL1, SS, no? Or was it the V6?

And according to Trans Am Depot they have their own engineers.

Maybe would work better with a donor SS or ZL1, and just do cosmetics and motor? :eusa_think:

Any feedback on the car ?

He brought it to my MNC&C event last year and it drew a larger crowd than any exotic, haha. It looked like it was a factory car in person. Very well executed. I did not get a chance to drive/ride in it so Scotty can chime in there. The pics don't do it justice.

He brought it to my MNC&C event last year and it drew a larger crowd than any exotic, haha. It looked like it was a factory car in person. Very well executed. I did not get a chance to drive/ride in it so Scotty can chime in there. The pics don't do it justice.

My very first favorite car was the Pontiac Firebird formula, then I graduated to Trans AM in high school. Having driven those cars and owned several over the years, they were pure muscle but did not handle very well, did not corner very well and were rust buckets. Didn't take long for rust holes to start forming in the panels, especially being from the Midwest. What I was referring to was the 77, when I said they drove like shit. Really cool cars fun to drive but nothing like a vehicle today. Obviously things have changed a lot. You have to remember to pump the accelerator to get the car to actually start, and after sitting a while they don't start right away. Always some issue. Move forward to this vehicle. It started out as a 2SS with the V8. It is absolutely a blast to drive. Love the 6-speed and it certainly draws attention everywhere you go. If you ever have to fill up with gas, it's like owning a Lambo, you better plan for an extra 30 minutes at the gas station. My son drives this more than I do, but we keep it in Florida for the winter and I attend a lot of car shows. We have a closet full of trophies already. We've done several car projects together. This was one of his ideas back in 2014, and the process started. The guys at Trans Am Depot are some of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, absolutely wonderful and know everything about Trans AM. Their main business is restoring old Pontiac vehicles but they do work on other brands also. It was a restoration company first, and then evolved into a car concept company. My son and I were instrumental in helping them develop this project where they could reproduce them, rather than simply a one-off build. Now they're going to build 77 of these cars and I think they have about half of them already sold.

That's a pretty cool story! I think it looks good. My uncle had one of the gold trans am cars when I was growing up and I always thought it was pretty cool

• 1 month later...
My very first favorite car was the Pontiac Firebird formula, then I graduated to Trans AM in high school. Having driven those cars and owned several over the years, they were pure muscle but did not handle very well, did not corner very well and were rust buckets. Didn't take long for rust holes to start forming in the panels, especially being from the Midwest. What I was referring to was the 77, when I said they drove like shit. Really cool cars fun to drive but nothing like a vehicle today. Obviously things have changed a lot. You have to remember to pump the accelerator to get the car to actually start, and after sitting a while they don't start right away. Always some issue. Move forward to this vehicle. It started out as a 2SS with the V8. It is absolutely a blast to drive. Love the 6-speed and it certainly draws attention everywhere you go. If you ever have to fill up with gas, it's like owning a Lambo, you better plan for an extra 30 minutes at the gas station. My son drives this more than I do, but we keep it in Florida for the winter and I attend a lot of car shows. We have a closet full of trophies already. We've done several car projects together. This was one of his ideas back in 2014, and the process started. The guys at Trans Am Depot are some of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, absolutely wonderful and know everything about Trans AM. Their main business is restoring old Pontiac vehicles but they do work on other brands also. It was a restoration company first, and then evolved into a car concept company. My son and I were instrumental in helping them develop this project where they could reproduce them, rather than simply a one-off build. Now they're going to build 77 of these cars and I think they have about half of them already sold.

That is awesome!

My first was also a Formula best friend had the Bandit we had a blast driving against one another. I had t - tops cut in one night a friend removed while on the highway needless to say it splattered.

We recently exchanged e-mails debating to buy and take a few weeks off. Schedules didn't allow for it so we canned it good to see this thread.

Enjoy!

post-213219-1464098554.jpeg

Way too cool Scotty!

I have watched these for a while now. There is one on e b a y right now that has my attention. Very cool to see the upcoming limited run of these with Burt involved.