Motivating kids with Lambo on local news today!

alpha6164

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fcuk? Ok, dood, here's big dreams lesson #1 from a subject matter expert. We are all our own worst enemies. The immense majority of kids don't do spectacular things because they don't believe that they can. The majority of people in general lead lives of mediocrity because they have no vision of anything else and stop caring. Sure, we all have our limits, but the limits we impose on ourselves are the most powerful. To quote Samuel Halpern, "That woman was sexy...Out of your league? Son. Let women figure out why they won't screw you, don't do it for them."

And another thing, theorizing about what you might hope for when you have kids is like being a virgin and theorizing about what pussy feels like; i.e. you don't know shit, so stop talking while you still can.

Couldn't have said it better. Bravo !

What the fcuk? Ok, dood, here's big dreams lesson #1 from a subject matter expert. We are all our own worst enemies. The immense majority of kids don't do spectacular things because they don't believe that they can. The majority of people in general lead lives of mediocrity because they have no vision of anything else and stop caring. Sure, we all have our limits, but the limits we impose on ourselves are the most powerful. To quote Samuel Halpern, "That woman was sexy...Out of your league? Son. Let women figure out why they won't screw you, don't do it for them."

And another thing, theorizing about what you might hope for when you have kids is like being a virgin and theorizing about what pussy feels like; i.e. you don't know shit, so stop talking while you still can.

Your opinion on the issue is your opinion and my opinion is my opinion. But what's "stop talking while you still can" suppose to mean?

Your opinion on the issue is your opinion and my opinion is my opinion. But what's "stop talking while you still can" suppose to mean?

Like the saying goes "opinions are like assholes everyone has one." But then you are the only odd one to think something is wrong and materialistic out of thousands of people I have gotten feedback from online and locally then ITS YOU.

Like the saying goes "opinions are like assholes everyone has one." But then you are the only odd one to think something is wrong and materialistic out of thousands of people I have gotten feedback from online and locally then ITS YOU.

Chill out doc. No need to get emotional.

I always take time with anyone, especially kids. Good on you Doc. I am looking to do the same thing but would focus on people going through Cancer.

Some opinions add value and some don't. It means having the wisdom to know when you don't know something, especially among salted veterans of that thing, and using that wisdom to judge when to open your mouth and when to continue listening. High-involvement parenthood is one of those things. Another pro tip, you should expect to get your ass shot off if opening an argument with sarcasm, so this sudden cool-headed response act lacks credibility.

On a positive note, this is definitely a good thing. Every kid is different, and who knows if it's motivational or not. But if it is for at least one kid, there you have it. A Lamborghini was a goal of mine. Granted, I didn't structure my whole life to achieve it and I don't expect these kids to do that either. They will understand as they get older and sort out their priorities on their own. Lamborghinis are the fantasy domain of little kids. They're powerful in their ability to inspire, create smiles, and let imaginations run wild. Their value as pussy magnets or wealth advertisements is comparatively low as the only people with the balls to love them so passionately with the purest of reasons are children -- smaller versions of adults whose dreams are not yet frozen by the encrusted salt that life layers on us.

I think this is fantastic and such a win-win for all. Cars can be huge motivators for kids to succeed. They are way more than just a material object. Fine cars bring class and status to the mix of striving for a great career, home and family life. My older brother is retired from a long career as an Orthodontist. We grew up in a small farm town with little means and I remember this story of when he was a young man. He said that everyone drove around in Chevys. Then one day a guy came around in a Cadillac and he asked my dad who that was. My dad said that man is the town Doctor. My brother said, "I will be a Doctor, then".

Great work doc! Way to motivate them. I wish this would work on my son. He's so jaded from being exposed to this environment since young, that we now have to kick his ass once in a while in order to motivate him. Believe it or not, what motivated me when I was a student was the Viper, because a lambo was just a pipe dream.

Some opinions add value and some don't. It means having the wisdom to know when you don't know something, especially among salted veterans of that thing, and using that wisdom to judge when to open your mouth and when to continue listening. High-involvement parenthood is one of those things. Another pro tip, you should expect to get your ass shot off if opening an argument with sarcasm, so this sudden cool-headed response act lacks credibility.

No fcuking clue what your talking about.

Should be a version of this for college kids and adults... spending a day with someone at another level is one of the best motivations there is.

Should be a version of this for college kids and adults... spending a day with someone at another level is one of the best motivations there is.

Just not Bernie Sanders supporters! They are too far gone. :crybaby2:

I realize my Jalpa may not be a Murci, but this makes me want to do this with my Lambo when it's done.

I realize my Jalpa may not be a Murci, but this makes me want to do this with my Lambo when it's done.

I am sure it will still work just as well. Its a Lambo after all :)

Kudos Doc! The pictures speak for themselves....so many happy faces!

Just curious what type of physician you are?

Thank you.

My training was in Internal Medicine but currently own urgent care centers etc.

I am working with some local groups to make this gig a city wide thing from all walks of life. Maybe create a contest and the kids with the most improvement, or ones that give back to community and maintain a certain GPA etc. This has other guys with exotics to reach out to me locally and they want to participate as well. Thats what it is all about.

That's your own problem. Feel free to go be instigating prick somewhere else.

I often think to myself how screwed up some people are, I am firmly convinced that if you were to run a poll and ask a no brainer (which should have an unanimous "NO" vote) such as "would you like to see a bus full of innocent babies and puppies roll off a cliff?" you will get a bunch of assholes answering YES.

Some people are just miserable, absolutely miserable and there isn't anything anyone can do about them, I stopped wasting my time long ago.

Thank you.

My training was in Internal Medicine but currently own urgent care centers etc.

I am working with some local groups to make this gig a city wide thing from all walks of life. Maybe create a contest and the kids with the most improvement, or ones that give back to community and maintain a certain GPA etc. This has other guys with exotics to reach out to me locally and they want to participate as well. Thats what it is all about.

Doc you are simply awesome, I know how busy and how much time and dedication it takes to do something like this, I know you won't but never stop because what you are doing it helps and heals in more ways than one!

You have my utmost respect, we NEED more of you! :turboalex:

Continuing on with tradition:

I had a long talk with this young kid a year and a half ago and he went from being an average student to finishing with straight A's and a full ride scholarship to college. His request was to be picked up in a Bentley and dropped off at prom. Congratulations Darius!

post-13156-1460898945_thumb.jpg

Continuing on with tradition:

I had a long talk with this young kid a year and a half ago and he went from being an average student to finishing with straight A's and a full ride scholarship to college. His request was to be picked up in a Bentley and dropped off at prom. Congratulations Darius!

Your doing great work alpha!

I wish I had this offer when I was a teen - real motivator for me. I'm one of those that exotic cars motivated me to work hard. I remember when I got my first car worth $1,000, and pretending it had egear by shifting an invisible paddle and making a V12 sound with my mouth lol! The $1,000 car was used for my business that I still operate today. I'm blessed to say the business has grown through out the years, and experiencing business success in my early twenties. Here is the funny thing my priorities change as the desire for an exotic car changed for me as it became achievable. Instead after getting my house, and generated enough to buy an exotic. I helped out my mum get out of her work, and invested in a property for my kids in the future (don't even have a gf or wife yet lol). These things give me pleasure at the moment. Now my goal is to enjoy an exotic with my kids one day. If I get one now I might injur myself - I'll just wait when I become older and wiser lol!

I would of most likely not worked so hard towards my goals with out the desire to own a Lamborghini. Keep up the good work Alpha! You will have your audience that a Lamborghini will be needed to ignite the initial spark towards achieving their goals.

Your doing great work alpha!

I wish I had this offer when I was a teen - real motivator for me. I'm one of those that exotic cars motivated me to work hard. I remember when I got my first car worth $1,000, and pretending it had egear by shifting an invisible paddle and making a V12 sound with my mouth lol! The $1,000 car was used for my business that I still operate today. I'm blessed to say the business has grown through out the years, and experiencing business success in my early twenties. Here is the funny thing my priorities change as the desire for an exotic car changed for me as it became achievable. Instead after getting my house, and generated enough to buy an exotic. I helped out my mum get out of her work, and invested in a property for my kids in the future (don't even have a gf or wife yet lol). These things give me pleasure at the moment. Now my goal is to enjoy an exotic with my kids one day. If I get one now I might injur myself - I'll just wait when I become older and wiser lol!

I would of most likely not worked so hard towards my goals with out the desire to own a Lamborghini. Keep up the good work Alpha! You will have your audience that a Lamborghini will be needed to ignite the initial spark towards achieving their goals.

Great story and good job being mature with your money!