Has anyone fitted a Gallardo flat steering wheel in a Murci?

MW000

Besides Jon Olsson,

Has anyone successfully fit a Gallardo flat steering wheel into a Murci? I quite like the look and feel of the flat bottom wheel with the round airbag as well

Jon_Olsson_Lambo_Murcielago_DMC_6_2.jpg

After going through the process to change my steering wheel with one custom made from DCTMS this week, I can tell you that since the steering wheel mounts with 4 screws instead of a spline, it makes it much easier to mount other steering wheels that are mounted without splines. I don't know if the Gallardo wheel is spline or not, but if it isn't spline, you might have to drill some extra holes and maybe have an adapter for the airbag connector, but it won't be hard.

As to why a different Lambo wheel, well, I would say that putting a nicer Lambo wheel (especially one with a nice Lambo emblem) in a Lambo with an ugly wheel is much more preferable than putting some aftermarket, generic wheel into the car. That makes it look like a kit car.

I went the route of making subtle changes to the stock wheel so I didn't have to mess with the conversion even if it's pretty easy, and it's less expensive to recover a wheel than buy a used Lambo wheel by a good margin.

new_wheel8.jpg

I guess why would you? Why not just get an aftermarket wheel with a flat bottom?

I've looked at that option and know what I would get if that ends up being the case.

I just think the G has the nicer feeling steering wheel, carbon grips and all. Just curious if anyone else has personally done it without issue

After going through the process to change my steering wheel with one custom made from DCTMS this week, I can tell you that since the steering wheel mounts with 4 screws instead of a spline, it makes it much easier to mount other steering wheels that are mounted without splines. I don't know if the Gallardo wheel is spline or not, but if it isn't spline, you might have to drill some extra holes and maybe have an adapter for the airbag connector, but it won't be hard.

As to why a different Lambo wheel, well, I would say that putting a nicer Lambo wheel (especially one with a nice Lambo emblem) in a Lambo with an ugly wheel is much more preferable than putting some aftermarket, generic wheel into the car. That makes it look like a kit car.

I went the route of making subtle changes to the stock wheel so I didn't have to mess with the conversion even if it's pretty easy, and it's less expensive to recover a wheel than buy a used Lambo wheel by a good margin.

That turned out very nice! DCTMS does great work! I love mine!

post-3713-1461301314_thumb.jpg

Nice!! That looks amazing Stimpy. How did you get the emblem in the middle of the wheel? I really like that.

Thanks!

The emblem is a prototype I am working on to make the airbag look better. I should have another set of prototypes in next week to see if I can make them even better. If it goes well, and people are interested, I am thinking about making them available to other owners.

The emblem is a soft gel-type emblem that is sized to fit right inside that circle and held on with adhesive tape. It holds on well, but it is removable.

Thanks!

The emblem is a prototype I am working on to make the airbag look better. I should have another set of prototypes in next week to see if I can make them even better. If it goes well, and people are interested, I am thinking about making them available to other owners.

The emblem is a soft gel-type emblem that is sized to fit right inside that circle and held on with adhesive tape. It holds on well, but it is removable.

That is awesome stimpy! I wound def be interested. And I'm sure a lot of others as well. I really think it is just missing a center emblem that's it. I'm very happy with the wheel otherwise lol.