differences between 2012-2013-2014-2015

alexo

Hey fellas,

I tried to search for it and wont pop up much...

Is there any real difference between a 2012 and a the subsequent years...

Considering I will do a URG stage 1 build anything I should know?

Im trying to see if there was any gallardo 08 to lp560 09 type of differences

obviously i cannot see anything regarding the exterior body.

thx in advance

Sounds like a question for UGR ...

Considering they've built a 2012, a 2013, and a 2014 ...

Given the drop in price, for a used Aventador ... I wouldn't be surprised if they've also built a 2015 ...

100 views and nobody knows?

Did anything change from 2012 moving forward? New suspension, brakes, seats, sound system, exhaust... Anything?

Asides from cosmetics, I believe the only major change introduced was start stop in the 2013s. I know the option for manual raising your spoiler wasn't introduced until 2014 or 15.

Try the search function I've seen lots of information over the years on the differences between models, various reviews and owners experiences. Good luck.

Lately I have been on the new car search. I have 2 upper end dream rides.. #1 being the Porsche CGT, and #2 being the Aventador.

The problem with the CGT is price. If I get a CGT, no more cars for a long long time, and I dont want to worry about depreciation from actually driving the thing.

The Aventador on the otherhand is getting to be the bargain supercar. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Aventa...em=252352297576

For the price of a CGT, I can now add like 5 cars I want, including an Aventador. ( many of the cars I really want are cheap, like a 928, 944 Turbo S etc) Plus it would be pretty cool I think to now own 4 generations of V12 Lambos..

So Ive been looking into Aventadors, and there differences. From what Ive gathered, there really are none, other than warranty, manual spoiler lift, and stop start. All the others can be updated by the dealer. I think by fall/winter of this year youll see Aventadors in the 250k range. Theyll be 5 years old by then, and approx 6000 units produced. Issue is, will we see another big drop after that, when the facelift is introduced...

Lately I have been on the new car search. I have 2 upper end dream rides.. #1 being the Porsche CGT, and #2 being the Aventador.

The problem with the CGT is price. If I get a CGT, no more cars for a long long time, and I dont want to worry about depreciation from actually driving the thing.

The Aventador on the otherhand is getting to be the bargain supercar. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Aventa...em=252352297576

For the price of a CGT, I can now add like 5 cars I want, including an Aventador. ( many of the cars I really want are cheap, like a 928, 944 Turbo S etc) Plus it would be pretty cool I think to now own 4 generations of V12 Lambos..

So Ive been looking into Aventadors, and there differences. From what Ive gathered, there really are none, other than warranty, manual spoiler lift, and stop start. All the others can be updated by the dealer. I think by fall/winter of this year youll see Aventadors in the 250k range. Theyll be 5 years old by then, and approx 6000 units produced. Issue is, will we see another big drop after that, when the facelift is introduced...

This particular black 2012 I checked out, and it's actually been in an accident. It was hit in the rear end and did quite a bit of damage. With that said, there are begining to be some great deals on the 2012's, and I agree that we will continue to see a drop by fall/winter.

This particular black 2012 I checked out, and it's actually been in an accident. It was hit in the rear end and did quite a bit of damage. With that said, there are begining to be some great deals on the 2012's, and I agree that we will continue to see a drop by fall/winter.

Perfect.. I want a white one anyway! :icon_mrgreen: I think I may even end up with a roadster if I get an Avey. . Ive never had a Lambo with an open top.

Plus it would be pretty cool I think to now own 4 generations of V12 Lambos..

I think I may even end up with a roadster if I get an Avey. . Ive never had a Lambo with an open top.

Stop copying me... :icon_mrgreen:

Good luck on searching your next ride. Hope you'll get it soon.

Did the early Aventadors not have different suspension than the new ones? I remember VBUGKING saying that he didnt enjoy his early Aventador due to this

Did the early Aventadors not have different suspension than the new ones? I remember VBUGKING saying that he didnt enjoy his early Aventador due to this

I believe there was a recall that addressed that.

Stop copying me... :icon_mrgreen:

Good luck on searching your next ride. Hope you'll get it soon.

Did you get an Aventador too? I hate you!

the most "significant" change i've read or heard about was the transmission. that the '12 cars are different and much rougher than the 13'+. and apparently factory software update isn't happening for 12's and more and only updates on 13+. but i know a lot of '12 owners who just don't care. i mean a "rough" 12 on an AVENTADOR is still probably better than where the Murci's and Gallardo's were...

Damn! How did I miss that! Congrats! Beautiful car. Oh... and did I tell you I hate you? :icon_mrgreen:

:lol2: :lol2:

Thank you sir! :turboalex:

2012 has stiffer suspension. other changes were addition of stop-start system and cylinder deactivation to 2013 and later models.

I posted a lengthy post a few months ago about this. I had a long talk with our resident Lambo master tech Jeff at New Port Beach Lambo and he pretty much told me to stay away from 12s. He listed several reasons and I will try to paraphrase them:

1) 2012s have a completely different ECU than the 13 and on. Because of this any of the software updates that continue to become available for these cars cant be applied to the 12s. Lamborghini is not going to spend money and R&D to do further updates for the 12s ECU since it was only one year. They havent had an update in some time and 12s are more prone to throwing check engine lights because some parameters cant be changed.

2) Different suspension and it is not fixable with a recall.

3) Biggest thing that jumped at me that he was very specific about was something about the transmission that in the 12s a certain seal or part is not there and can cause to sudden loss of oil pressure with catastrophic tranny failure. He states he has had to change a handful of transmission at $30k+ due to this in the 12s. That part or seal whatever is present and corrected in the 13 and newer models.

There were a few other things that i honestly dont remember but what he said was enough that I would not consider a 12. To each their own but I am not taking the risk. And as these issues show their face as these cars age, the 12s will be selling at much more of a discount to the newer models.

I posted a lengthy post a few months ago about this. I had a long talk with our resident Lambo master tech Jeff at New Port Beach Lambo and he pretty much told me to stay away from 12s. He listed several reasons and I will try to paraphrase them:

1) 2012s have a completely different ECU than the 13 and on. Because of this any of the software updates that continue to become available for these cars cant be applied to the 12s. Lamborghini is not going to spend money and R&D to do further updates for the 12s ECU since it was only one year. They havent had an update in some time and 12s are more prone to throwing check engine lights because some parameters cant be changed.

3) Biggest thing that jumped at me that he was very specific about was something about the transmission that in the 12s a certain seal or part is not there and can cause to sudden loss of oil pressure with catastrophic tranny failure. He states he has had to change a handful of transmission at $30k+ due to this in the 12s. That part or seal whatever is present and corrected in the 13 and newer models.

There were a few other things that i honestly dont remember but what he said was enough that I would not consider a 12. To each their own but I am not taking the risk. And as these issues show their face as these cars age, the 12s will be selling at much more of a discount to the newer models.

good info, I heard the same from my dealer.. main thing was tranny and suspension.

Thanks for the info! Do we know if you can then upgrade the software on 2013+ to SV specs?

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the info! Do we know if you can then upgrade the software on 2013+ to SV specs?

I would like to know this as well.