Info on this BLU CAELUM Superleggera

hey guys,

i think this was the same car that was for sale about a year ago in georgia. i was super tempted to pick this car up then, but i know i was a bit swayed by the fact that someone said this car was used for either a lamborghini press event or a race/track day event? is this true?

any info on this car would be great. i know blu caelum cars are pretty rare and it would sort of be nice to bring a "Cookie Monster 2.0" home!

thanks in advanced!

LINK: http://www.lamborghinihouston.com/used-Hou...WGU7AJ8DLA12480

zhwgu7aj8dla12480-1.jpg

hey guys,

i think this was the same car that was for sale about a year ago in georgia. i was super tempted to pick this car up then, but i know i was a bit swayed by the fact that someone said this car was used for either a lamborghini press event or a race/track day event? is this true?

any info on this car would be great. i know blu caelum cars are pretty rare and it would sort of be nice to bring a "Cookie Monster 2.0" home!

thanks in advanced!

zhwgu7aj8dla12480-1.jpg

Dont know anything about that car but I, like you, am a fan of Blue Caelum. Thought you might like to see my Huracan in that color. I have a superleggera, 2013 already in Rosso Efesto or I might be going after that car! Good Luck

post-44-1462454570_thumb.jpg

hey guys,

thanks in advanced!

zhwgu7aj8dla12480-1.jpg

That car has a bad pedigree...just look up the car on this site for the long discussion regarding it. Basically company car used in Esperienza, scuffed wheels, missing a key, cover and God knows what else. Had been sitting on dealer lot (in Atlanta) prior to previous owner for almost a year with no service. I'd run fast from that car.

All true but I would say that it is a nice car in person - absolutely stunning with all of the right options. Car just needs to be priced appropriately to reflect the history.

That car has a bad pedigree...just look up the car on this site for the long discussion regarding it. Basically company car used in Esperienza, scuffed wheels, missing a key, cover and God knows what else. Had been sitting on dealer lot (in Atlanta) prior to previous owner for almost a year with no service. I'd run fast from that car.

yes, it's THIS that i thought i read and makes me want to stay away.... but its SUCH a beautifully spec'd car. sigh.

It's been for sale for a while, is it really a CPO car? for the right price with a warranty I don't see the big deal if they used it for a couple of track days, make sure the CCBs are in good shape, I've never seen another LP570 in that color.... looks badass...

hey guys,

thanks in advanced!

Ignore the past, buy it and send it in for a full engine build with a couple snails bolted on. Problem solved.

:P

All true but I would say that it is a nice car in person - absolutely stunning with all of the right options. Car just needs to be priced appropriately to reflect the history.

I would agree. Esperienza cars are not used for a few hot laps. So this car has a lot of track time on it. Since it departed Atlanta it has gotten a couple more thousand miles on it. LP Gallardo are really pretty bullet proof. Check the egear snap to see what's happened to it and get it discounted appropriately. Atlanta sold it in the low $180's. I probably wouldn't go more than low $170's.

A really clean car can be had in the $170s or less. I think this needs to trade in the low $160s, with an extended warranty thrown in.

I have known the car since new, saw it when it first entered press usage at the customer Sesto Elemento test drive event, was there when we bought it out of the press fleet, and sold it twice. The car is beautiful. Like a lot of them, it got beaten on pretty hard at Esperienza but the brakes are good, clutch is fine, and tires were replaced since then. There were a few rock chips but I believe it is the only Caelum SL in the US, perhaps the world. I wouldn't hesitate to own it in the slightest. Great car.

I think we only got one key back from the first guy I sold it to. To pass CPO it would need 2 keys and servicing up to date. I assume that has been done.

• 2 years later...

Scuffed wheels and a missing key I don't believe should brand the car as having bad pedigree unless other things like an accident or mechanical failures have occurred. If the car passes a through PPI and has a warranty then you really have nothing to lose. The color is amazing and possibly the only SL in BC? Go for it!

The car is still for sale at Driving Emotions...guess it has a bad reputation...??

Good luck trying to actually buy a car from them. They must be the most stubborn dealer i've ever come across; holding stock for literally years at a time until they get their price.

Good luck trying to actually buy a car from them. They must be the most stubborn dealer i've ever come across; holding stock for literally years at a time until they get their price.

that seems to be a common experience with this dealer. i can't believe this blu caelum SL is still there! the ONLY part that worries me is that it was either a press or track/demo car for lamborghini if i'm not mistaken?

yes, it's THIS that i thought i read and makes me want to stay away.... but its SUCH a beautifully spec'd car. sigh.

If you are fesling positive about the car and want to buy , as others have said just insist the price reflet history and condition.

PPI would be a must and the basis of sale terms .