WGF Clayton GA, Step In, Roll Call

svoshop

I gotta give UGR and Moe credit. I'm not sure if Moe's a pro driver but the whole thing looked easy. Proof is the repeated runs at 218, 219, etc... Jeans, t shirt, running shoes, no cage, no harness, rowing gears, 221 in the 1/2. That's simply retarded.

never understood this... going that fast with no safety at all, so many novice drivers, no regulations... saw a video of the crowd earlier so close to the top end at this event...I really enjoy this half mile stuff but its just a recipe for disaster. Its like they are waiting for something to go wrong before they add rules lol.

Not in sport mode? She get that tip from Tag?

Hi Dustin,

the secret is out:)

On my RS6, it runs the half mile faster in drive and suspension set to comfort at 155mph than in sport engine and suspension mode!

The reason is that in drive the auto shifts gears at lower rpm than sport, with the shift taking place in each gear closer to peak torque than when in sport near redline when torque has fallen off.

Also in the comfort suspension mode , the softer suspension allows for greater weight transfer from the front to the rear wheels assisting traction.

As further evidence, at the drags last Wednesday night, a Chrysler SRT hemi owner could not get off the mark with lousy 60ft time. I suggested he take off in drive and set suspension to soft/street mode, explaining why.

He made his run, came back and said ' thanks for the advice. I got a better 0-60 ft time, ET and terminal speed!'. So you don't have to wring the neck of your engine to get the best ET and terminal speed!

I found with my Gallardo that ran a slightly better ET and terminal speed rolling into first gear than using launch control. Still had some wheelspin, but ran 10.3 secs and terminal speed of 154 mph.

cheers,

john

never understood this... going that fast with no safety at all, so many novice drivers, no regulations... saw a video of the crowd earlier so close to the top end at this event...I really enjoy this half mile stuff but its just a recipe for disaster. Its like they are waiting for something to go wrong before they add rules lol.

are you guys sure there isnt a roll cage? coulda sworn i saw the corner of one in Moe's car in the video. and Mike's clearly has a fire suppression system that you can see in the pic he posted....

and to your last sentence...i was at clayton for the 1st WGF event. they literally had folks standing, unabated, on the right side of the runway...as close as they wanted. none of the areas were roped off. what youre seeing, now, is MUCH better than it's maiden run.

are you guys sure there isnt a roll cage? coulda sworn i saw the corner of one in Moe's car in the video.

That's just a roll bar. Not a full cage.

Hi Dustin,

the secret is out:)

On my RS6, it runs the half mile faster in drive and suspension set to comfort at 155mph than in sport engine and suspension mode!

The reason is that in drive the auto shifts gears at lower rpm than sport, with the shift taking place in each gear closer to peak torque than when in sport near redline when torque has fallen off.

Also in the comfort suspension mode , the softer suspension allows for greater weight transfer from the front to the rear wheels assisting traction.

As further evidence, at the drags last Wednesday night, a Chrysler SRT hemi owner could not get off the mark with lousy 60ft time. I suggested he take off in drive and set suspension to soft/street mode, explaining why.

He made his run, came back and said ' thanks for the advice. I got a better 0-60 ft time, ET and terminal speed!'. So you don't have to wring the neck of your engine to get the best ET and terminal speed!

I found with my Gallardo that ran a slightly better ET and terminal speed rolling into first gear than using launch control. Still had some wheelspin, but ran 10.3 secs and terminal speed of 154 mph.

cheers,

john

Yep I always ran faster in the qtr and half mile with my r8 and lambos on the comfort modes. Especially drag racing. I always set it for comfort.

Yep I always ran faster in the qtr and half mile with my r8 and lambos on the comfort modes. Especially drag racing. I always set it for comfort.

Did you ever run the G when you had it?