2017 Raptor

Willis

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ram 1500 Rebel TRX

I'll believe it when I see it. Every year Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep builds fantastic concepts that are either not built at all or end up being a sticker package with red tow hooks, so we will see if it actually makes it to production in concept form.

Even then it's only advantage to the Raptor is HP. The Raptor rides on Fox 3.0 vs Rebel on 2.5, Raptor has more suspension travel, and Raptor has its own frame instead of just taking the standard truck frame like the Ram. Running 37s along with the weight of the Hemi vs 3.5 Ecoboost all adds up to the Ram overheating those 2.5s. HP means little off-road if the suspension can't keep up.

True, Ford may have learned some lessons with the first raptor when it comes to a Baja racer for the road, like bent frames. will be interesting to see what comes out. The new G550 squared looks cool too if Benz makes it... Although very different price point

True, Ford may have learned some lessons with the first raptor when it comes to a Baja racer for the road, like bent frames. will be interesting to see what comes out. The new G550 squared looks cool too if Benz makes it... Although very different price point

The Gwagon squared looks awesome, but definitely different price points like you said. A '17 Raptor with the $ difference between the Gwagon and Raptor spent on upgrades would result in a very wild dessert toy.

I hope Ram does release a competitor for the Raptor, it will only push Ford even further.

Agreed! Competition in the segment would yield some fun toys. A lot of the half tons have become soft city cruisers. Even my 14 duramax with the EGR, DEF, DPF etc... Seems geared less for field work.

I'd wait until the first wave dies out. I'm still interested but I would only do it if the Gallardo sells. The raptor appeals because of the turbos, panoramic roof, and better gas mileage than my Tundra. It annoys the hell out of me that they are this close to production and you can't even do a build configurator online for it.

The 2017 F150s are now available to build on Ford's site which means you can now configure a Raptor.

http://shop.ford.com/build/f150/?intcmp=show-bp#/select/

I didn't care for the carbon interior trim or the twin panel roof so the one I priced was a steal at $64,575.

I didn't care for the carbon interior trim or the twin panel roof so the one I priced was a steal at $64,575.

The 802A package seems like useless fluff to me. I got it optioned out at $60grr.

Looking at 13'-14's and people are asking $60k for them with 30k miles. I tend to think they were only getting insane prices because new trucks weren't available.

I think I would prefer a 6.2, put a whipple on it and have a 600rwhp hell raiser, but not if they are the same price as a new one.

The 802A package seems like useless fluff to me. I got it optioned out at $60grr.

Looking at 13'-14's and people are asking $60k for them with 30k miles. I tend to think they were only getting insane prices because new trucks weren't available.

I think I would prefer a 6.2, put a whipple on it and have a 600rwhp hell raiser, but not if they are the same price as a new one.

I agree on the 802A, but at the same time when already spending $60k might as well spend $4-5k more and check just about every box. I want one, but at the same time the Super Duty is hard to ignore. The problem is I don't think either will fit in my garage, and with as crazy as truck prices have gotten I think I am going to sit on the sidelines and enjoy no vehicle payment.

The previous gen 6.2 with a Whipple would be a lot of fun. I am anxious to see people get their hands on the new Raptor and start showing what it can actually do vs the previous gen..

Ram 1500 Rebel TRX

I agree! This will be pretty interesting if this makes it to market!

All my dealers around here want $7.5 - $8k over sticker! Is this normal? I even tried Portland and same thing.

I would order but I dont know if I can stomach the extra $8k instead of getting a bunch more accessories.

All my dealers around here want $7.5 - $8k over sticker! Is this normal? I even tried Portland and same thing.

I would order but I dont know if I can stomach the extra $8k instead of getting a bunch more accessories.

I can't speak from personal experience because I am going to wait at least another year to jump on a new truck, but from reading F150forum and the Raptor forum there are plenty of dealers selling at MSRP. It will take a little work to find one because there are plenty of dealers taking advantage of people's enthusiasm by asking over MSRP.

I would wait. There will be dealers willing to do MSRP Im sure. The dealer I bought my 05 F350 from actually just got back with me yesterday and told me I was in luck that they had one incoming and I could get it for 78....lol. I said nah, I'll wait til MSRP and then he said to come on in and talk with a manager and something could be worked out. I'm going to hold off. Surely there will be some people willing to pay over and I don't blame dealers for trying. If you search around, you'll find better deals especially if you're ordering. If you want on off the lot, no doubt it will be a premium.

I honestly am pretty happy with my lifted tundra platinum so I dunno if I even want a raptor now.

Yeah I agree-- it's a novelty at this point and they are squeezing everyone that wants one first.

Not to mention I would be buying a 2017 that would be delivered in February.... Next (17) year I can order an 18 and have it late summer. Doesn't make much sense how they are getting over MSRP.

I have a 2014 Silverado currently and Im really torn between getting another gas truck or another diesel. I also have a 6in lift and 20" fuel wheels on 35s ect. It looks great but I feel it's not right and underpowered. Not to mention the shift points are garbage including the mpg. I like the look and setup on the raptor as I would leave it stock without having all the road noise and i LOVE SNAILS :). Can't they just put the GTR motor in a half decent truck-- thats what im expecting out of the new raptor 3.5 TT.

• 2 months later...
And I don't even think there have been customer deliveries yet. They are pissed on raptor forums about the wait.

I saw that. If you decided you have to have a first run of an all new vehicle with newly developed motor and 10-speed transmission, but you are shocked when delivery is delayed, I have little empathy for you. However, I can understand frustration with the lack of communication coming from Ford about the cause of the delay and what exactly the retro-fit entails.

I have seen 2 Supercab Raptors with manufacturer plates coming down out of the mountains, they definitely have serious road presence for a truck. I just can't decide for the money why I wouldn't spend a little more and get a SuperDuty. I am tired of my wife having a bigger truck. Haha

• 4 months later...

Local dealer promised me their first truck then jerked me around. Just picked up the Mercedes G550 4x4 squared. There's always an alternative. It's amazing.

Local dealer promised me their first truck then jerked me around. Just picked up the Mercedes G550 4x4 squared. There's always an alternative. It's amazing.

That's a hell of a trade up. How are you liking it? Pics?

That's a hell of a trade up. How are you liking it? Pics?

Love it. Always liked the quirky G but this thing is great.

I tried to upload photo but couldn't figure it out.

Btw I love the Raptor.