2017 Raptor

Willis

I took delivery of a 2017 raptor last week and love it.

Any feedback? A guy up my streey just got a super light gray crew cab, it's a pretty serious looking truck.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dealer I use for service had a 17 blue raptor super crew with every option, including the $15k dealer markup. It is an awesome truck in person but even then no way is it worth over $80k. I laughed quite hard when I saw the markup because there is a different dealer 15 minutes away with a lot full of 17 Raptors, I stopped counting at 10.

Love it. Always liked the quirky G but this thing is great.

I tried to upload photo but couldn't figure it out.

Btw I love the Raptor.

What color? One of the crazy ones?

Local dealer promised me their first truck then jerked me around. Just picked up the Mercedes G550 4x4 squared. There's always an alternative. It's amazing.

I didn't even know what the 550^2 was... holy shit that's a pretty bad ass ride. Portal axles?

But dear god please tell me you already removed the silly US Spec rear bumper. For the $$ I'm surprised they didn't spec it as the G63, other than the axle hubs might not like the torque.

I'm not sure it's a raptor alternative, but it's definitely an alternative to 4 raptors :lol2:

Any feedback? A guy up my streey just got a super light gray crew cab, it's a pretty serious looking truck.

I love it. I am coming from a 2016 F150 Platinum so I am a little jaded about all the tech in the cabin by now. They did such a good job in the 2016. The fit and finish on the raptor are great. I got the 802A + tech package. Only complaint is that they took out the massage seats and parking assist (hands free parking spoiled me). I'm still breaking in so can't comment much on offroad/towing. I got avalanche grey which changes color depending on lighting. The truck looks sick. way more aggressive stance than my platinum.

I didn't even know what the 550^2 was... holy shit that's a pretty bad ass ride. Portal axles?

But dear god please tell me you already removed the silly US Spec rear bumper. For the $$ I'm surprised they didn't spec it as the G63, other than the axle hubs might not like the torque.

I'm not sure it's a raptor alternative, but it's definitely an alternative to 4 raptors :lol2:

Out of respect to the OP, I'll start a new thread if I can figure out how to post pics.

• 4 weeks later...

On the G550 4x4 Squared, has that been discontinued by Mercedes? I don't see it anywhere on their website. For the G-Wagon series, they have a regular G550, G63, and G65, but no mention of G550 4x4 Squared.

Never been on their site as far as I know but it is a one year run, already confirmed no 2018.

I see; one year run, that sucks!